Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Ethique Beauty

16 posts, 11 members
ree_nz
247 posts
Has anyone tried the Ethique Beauty shampoo and conditioner bars? Just saw them advertised on Facebook and as I quite like the Lush solid shampoo bars I was wondering if anyone knew how these compared? Have read some of the reviews on these so quite keen to try but just want to know whether it is worth changing from the Lush ones. 

Thanks in advance!
Kimrose
1416 posts
I have not tried this, I am looking forward to hearing opinions of this.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Ethique used to be called 'Sorbet', but they rebranded. Personally I think their rebranding reflects their values well.

they are a NZ brand and really nice and easy to deal with - I got a mini sample box a few years ago. I loved the solid serum, but am not really a solid shampoo kind of girl. 

I do have a couple of solid masks I am looking forward to trying, but must use up other masks first!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I never knew that Sorbet and Ethique were the same thing!! I used to hear about Sorbet on BR but then it sort of dropped off the radar, I thought it had closed or something. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    It's actually my favourite shampoo and conditioner. It's been a staple for me for years. My faves are the Heali Kiwi and St. Clements shampoo bars and the Wonderbar Conditioner bar. I honestly don't use very many other brands since I started using Ethique. I find that when I use the St.Clements which is for oily hair, I actually can go a day or so extra without needing to wash my hair as opposed to other shampoos for oily hair. The Heali Kiwi is great for flaky, itchy scalps. The Wonderbar, the conditioner actually outlast the shampoo bars and have heat protectant in them that stays in till your next wash. 

The bars last for ages. Honestly I only need to buy shampoo bars like twice a year and the conditioner bars last for most of the year, and I use plenty of conditioner since my hair is waist length. That being said I wash my hair twice a week and let the bars dry in between uses. They're not everyone's cup of tea and using a bar instead of liquid shampoo and conditioner takes a bit of getting used too and maybe up to half a minute more in the shower. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yep I prefer the Ethique Shampoo bars to Lush but I don't love their solid conditioners.

My fave Ethique shampoo bars are Damage Control (super minty, refreshing, really pleasant to use) and Frizz Wrangler. (def helps with frizzy humid hair)

They do a sampler which is a fab place to start
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah I agree at least try St Clements. It's really good.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I love their Damage Control Shampoo Bar, that was the first ever solid shampoo I had ever used.  I got it in subscription box called Samplebar when it was around, sadly it no longer does them but I'm happy that I got to experience it as I love shampoo bars now.
ree_nz
247 posts
Thanks ladies! I have gone ahead and purchased a few items after your advice: a hair bundle wit the Frizz Wrangler shampoo bar and the Guardian conditioner bar (and it came with a free body polish) as well as the Bliss cleanser bar (as I had read it was good for sensitive skin and rosacea). Super excited to try them all!

Thanks for the advice!
poohbearfan
45 posts
I bought a sample box a wee while ago to try them out. They worked well as far as cleaning goes, I was rather sceptical they would but it left my hair feeling clean and shiny. But I have long thick hair and I found it took forever to get up enough lather to cover it esp with the conditioner. So it's kinda become a weekend product for when I have plenty of spare time lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I bought a sample box too to use when I was travelling. I also found that I didn't have to wash my hair as often (great when travelling in a country with terrible showers). I much prefer their shampoo bars to the Lush ones and like the conditioner a lot (that's still going strong) I intend to switch to these when I finally use up my Lush bars and other bits and bobs. 
I haven't tried the Lush ones, but since I tried the Ethique solid shampoo and conditioner I don't buy anything else.  In fact, if I borrow someone else's shampoo on holiday or anything I immediately notice my hair feels worse.  
ree_nz
247 posts
All of these comments are making me even more excited to try them! Wish they would hurry up and get here!
trudijoy
8375 posts
although, side note.

I love Ethique as a brand but it's a little frustrating that their social media is more about environmental issues and less about the products these days. Have a social stance, by all means, but time and place.....
ree_nz
247 posts
Totally agree! I've noticed that myself. But I am loving the products so may just unfollow them if they post tooooo often. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
We are 100% on the same page ree!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!