Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hair Colouring At Home

9 posts, 9 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've always been a salon girl (except for when I colour it with fun temporary colours), so looking for some recommendations for some good brunette permanent home colours :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’m crazy allergic to PPD so I have to be careful. I use aromaganic which has none, and always do a patch test.

i used to swear by Schwarzkopf Brilliance before I became allergic though.

but please always patch test. Please please please 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I regularly use dye at home. My latest I did dark cherry by Schwarzkopf Nectra Colour, it is a brilliant dye. I also love Schwarzkopf brilliance. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Years ago we had Effecton semi permanent dyes that were awesome. Dark Cherry was my first equal favourite with chocolate brown and mahogany gold. My friends and I used hundreds of those dyes  :)
MissDilly
229 posts
I like L'oreal Casting Creme - which is actually a semi - 28 washes, but it's got pretty impressive hold and coverage for my greys, and I really like how it fades out.  My other favourite is My Hairdresser Hair - which you can get at Life Pharmacy and also online. Their website is great at helping you work out a custom colour for yourself - you mix it with your choice of developer like they do in salons - which I really like as I have short hair, so boxed colour is too much for my short hair.
AboutFace
413 posts
I use L'Oréal Excellence in Natural Frosted Brown and I find that covers my greys better than other colours I've used, though this is permanent. I have coloured my hair at home for many years and even have a spare empty applicator bottle so that I can use half of the product (without mixing) and works out to be very cost effective. Also when you get colour on your skin just rub some of the colour on it as colour removes colour :-)
Cassey
22 posts
I've always avoided this out of fear of screwing but lockdown boredom last year got me curious. I used John Frieda, it's a foam application which just seemed so much easier then other approaches. They've got some gorgeous colours too, I find chemist warehouse tends to have a great range to choose from
tabucutie
1811 posts
Chemist Warehouse has a huge range of colors and at great prices.  
Pat17
390 posts
I use different ones as I often buy when they are on special and have found them all good. I have ever tried natural ones but struggled to get a really nice colour that way. Do follow the instructions and test first usually the day befoer you apply.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!