Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

12 posts, 5 members
Millyw
63 posts
Hi!  Just wondering how many others out there have decided to go grey?! I stopped dying my hair dark brown two years ago, and now have quite a few white areas, some like thicker streaks and some strands here and there. 

I dont want to dye any dark colour that needs onging maintance (Id rather spend my money on skincare lol), but was wondering about any tints/semi permanents that might blend the whites in just for fun sometimes. I was thinking a pewter/metallic grey which can go over the med/dark brown  hair too and will fade away nicely. In my mind it would look like a smokey brown with grey highlights - BUT my experience with hairdye is that what is in my mind is not often what happens in reality hahaha!  

Just wondering if anyone has tried anything like this at home?  Thank yoU!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Meeeee 

im allergic to PPD so have tried PPD free dye, which worked then failed (allergy) and spray dye (worked well). 

im coming up 21 months and now I just wear it natural and ombre'd out, see my pic :)

feel free  to ask questions 
MareeB
5241 posts
Mee too. Because I got sick and it fell out and was too fragile for hair dye when it came back. Not that all of it came back!!! I'm notiicng loads of people in my town are going grey/white since lockdown.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Millyw, I'm probably the same base colour as you, going by your photo. I don't think you're going  to be able to achieve what you want without going to a hairdresser. I've recently gone from using permanent colour to semi and temporary colour as I am growing my hair and trying to improve the condition. (I've always had my hair short and dyed it red.) Firstly, there's very little available at the supermarket and chemist, nearly all colours are permanent. The semis and temporary colours don't really cover my natural colour or greys for more than a couple of washes before looking really washed out rather than grown out. I've just bought a coloured conditioner to help keep it topped up, so will see how that works out.   

I'd happily go grey but I'm not "grey enough" yet.
Millyw
63 posts
Your hair looks amazing Trudijoy! I cant wait for mine to go from mostly dark to mostly white/grey. And yes Sooziesworld, you are right, its either the hairdresser or don't do anything...darn it I think I will just leave it and be patient. I have ups and downs of wanting to dye and then not wanting to. It is so much softer now that I havent for ages. 
MareeB, Ive noticed too, lots of other mums at my kids school pick up have stopped dying since lock down, which made me feel less self conscious :-)
Thanks so much for your replies and advice
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thankyou, yeah mine took over super fast bc it was totally silver underneath. I think I'll end up with completely white hair. 

it's one of those things really - you let it go, you cover it up, or you enlist professional help for blending it
Pat17
385 posts
You suit your hair like this Trudijoy but I don't suit grey -You are so lucky !!
Pat17
385 posts
That is what I am interested in too . A grey enhancing product.
Pat17
385 posts
If I do remove all the colour from my hair what can I use to enhace the grey ?
Pat17
385 posts
sorry I meant enhance the grey -Thanks
Pat17
385 posts
I saw a dark grey colour in the Milk Shake brand and would love to know if any one has tried this ?
Pat17
385 posts
I am currently trying milkshake tempory colour and it is really good -Leave in conditioner and colour and lasts for ages

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!