Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Colour Depositing Products

11 posts, 5 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
A couple weeks back I got some purple put in my hair. Unfortunately it's already starting to fade out slightly. I have read of colour depositing products. Just wondering if anyone has any brand recommendations. I have seen there is a Schwarzkopf one that I can easily pick up in stores. The other ones I was looking at was online.  But there are so many different brands and shades of purple. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nothing to recommend but purple is a fast fading shade, if I recall correctly from when I used to get pink and purple added to my hair they're up there with red in terms of fading fast. Something to do with yellow tones I think - they don't have yellows in them and that's the stuff that really clings. Two weeks before you notice fade sounds like you got good mileage. 

i know Schwarzkopf do some, they were in a vault but I reacted to the patch test and so gave mine to my friend who got her dyed-silver hair to take on a pastel tint with them. 

i can get my hair to take on a lilac tint from purple shampoo left in for 10 mins 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Of course I pick the colour that fades fast. Uh well. It still looks nice, just thought I'd give some different products a go.

I think the Schwarzkopf one is $14 or something. Can't hurt to give it a go. The ones online are like $30 to $50ish. 

My stylist has gone on maternity leave and I won't go to any other stylist so trying to make do for the intervening months.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ive been using purples for donkies! The schwarzkopf is good. I also like lunar tides and arctic fox. La riche directions is also a really good option! I get all of mine through sinister :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
This is probably going to sound weird but when I did purples I used to do an apple cider vinegar rinse and never with hot water....cold is best. 
I was actually going to ask you yesterday how  it was holding up!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I love la riche directions.  It is a vegetable based dye and very gentle on your hair. They have some gorgeous purples!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Ohh just looked them up, I've been looking for more vegetable-based dyes. They've got some nice colours.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I just found the sinister website. Affordable, look forward to pay day. Keen to try some new products!
tabucutie
1811 posts
So far have tried the Schwarzkopf purple and reviewed. Currently trying the LA Riche Directions in Violet. Use half the pottle in one application. This colour took to my hair more which was nice. Only one wash though and looks like I'll have to reapply.

Would love to know do you use a whole pottle for one application? Or is it an individual choice basis
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I think it's just however much your hair needs. I used the whole pottle because my hair was super long. In saying that they aren't exactly that big to begin with.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I know those potties are small. I suppose I was being stingy. Finished the first potties so will try using the whole pottle the next time. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!