Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Your 'go to' product after a big night out!

39 posts, 25 members
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
This is the first time I have initiated a post, and would love to hear all responses.

I am organising a hens night for my sister, and have decided to create small overnight packages for each of the 5 ladies staying in the hotel suite!

So my question is, after a big night out, what is the one product you reach for the next morning?

Thankyou in advance x
Neurofen ;)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
YES!! I'll definitely have to put some of that in there 
PaigeC
194 posts
Blue powerade- everytime! haha
skingeek
537 posts
Toner! Hydrating spritz toners every time! Maybe with a little vitamin c!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Something for dark circles and to brighten complexions like a sample of some serum or some masque.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Skingeek, iv never heard of hydrating spritz toners, any brand you could reccommend? il have to have a look :) And yes, i love the idea of a brightening serum or masque, what do you use tannygirl?
Rezee
1964 posts
McDonalds vouchers? I very rarely drink these days but after a big night, the only thing that makes me feel better is maccas breakfast!
PaigeC
194 posts
Make up removing wipes are such a good idea!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I use a number of serums but I haven't found them all in sample size yet. If you got the samples of rosehip oil that was posted on the forum those would be nice and a plus is they can also be used under the eyes. For masques there a lot packet options available for a couple dollars. I currently am using Tailor masque  you can find that one in sample sized packets but considering it's about $4 a packet and you only get one use out of each it would be cheaper per ammount to buy those packets at Farmers or the warehouse. The third idea would be to pick out a masque of your choice and get these little sample sized jars and put enough in each each jar for one or two uses per person, the bonus is it looks cute and thoughtful and you can keep whatever's left over for yourself, downside is you're going to have make little stickers with instructions.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
i love the idea of makeup wipes, especially when they are a bargain!! Im gonna have to go and have a look now!!

I also crave greasy food after going out, so mcdonalds vouchers are a good idea.. and one i would not of thought of!
i actually requested the Trilogy samples for these packs, so we are thinking alike!! Hard finding sample sizes though, so its a good idea to buy a product and make it into a sample size myself, dont know why i didnt think about that earlier!! Will probably work out more economical too (which is good considering my student budget)
skingeek
537 posts
You can get some great hydrating toner mists for cheap off Iherb. Jason is great- they do a nice vitamin c toner http://www.iherb.com/Jason-Natural-C-Effects-Pure-Natural-Super-C-Toner-6-fl-oz-177-ml/17741#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=toner mist&rc=31&sr=null⁣
There are also these sort of things http://www.iherb.com/Andalou-Naturals-Get-Started-Brightening-Skin-Care-Essentials-5-Piece-Kit/50945#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=travel toner&rc=16&sr=null&ic=5-
I don't think these links will works but search andalou travel and jadon toner or mist toner on iherb- great antioxidant rich products, perfect for after you've given your body a wee battering!
skingeek
537 posts
Oh and i can post some of my trilogy rosehip oil samples out to you if you like? If you have a look in the trail section on iherb you find tonnes of bargains, too. 5 cent organic tea bags, $0.50 eye masks, $1 s
organic shampoos etc :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I love the look of the Jasons toner, might even buy an extra one of those for myself!!

Oh wow that is such a generous offer, i filled in the form for the triology sample packs, so if i get them i should have enough, but if i dont i will let you know x

I love Iherb, and am really new to the site, but i am in love! Its a constant battle for me to not go on there all the time and buy everything haha, but never knew of the trial page and there are some perfect things on there like the face masks which i think all the girls would love!! 
skingeek
537 posts
It's a really nice one! So cheap on iherb, too! I paid about $30 when I bought it in nz. I hope that trial section helpd, and pop it up in the beauty review addicts fb page if you need me to send those samples out to you. I'm Kate Hegarty x
g1ggles2
358 posts
I have been sitting here thinking really hard about what to add but im drawing a blank.

I guess thats because the next day im normally a write off who hasnt removed last nights makeup, stays in her pj's all day in bed & has her husband fetch MacD's brekkie.

So this is a very informative thread already haha
skingeek
537 posts
Haha pj's and McD's! Someone did mention maccas vouchers, earlier, s that might be a goer lol
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Haha yep definately maccas, a refreshing face wash, mask then serum, moisteurizer, panadol and blue powerade.. everyones onto it! Like the idea of including the rosehip oil samples, that would be cute :) 
skingeek
537 posts
If you ladies are heading out for lunch or breakfast, white eyeliner could be of use, too! Super brightening for tired eyes after you use some of those lovely iherb eye packs :)
Lutece
1849 posts
Makeup wipes & acidophilus pills! The pills you can buy from a chemist or health shop, when i used to have big night outs i would take 2 when i got home with a glass of water and the next day i felt on top of the world! They help with your tummy and i get a crook stomach usually on a night out when there is any sort of alcohol involved lol
Jesse
745 posts
I love this idea! I swear by Gastrolyte, it's pretty much like powerade but in tablet form that you drop in water like berocca - good for replacing the electrolytes :) and yeah definately make-up removing wipes, a good moisturiser, eye cream and mouth wash - my mouth always feels gross the day after even with brushing teeth. I haven't used it yet but I've heard good things about elfs eye refresh for taking down puffy eyes, I previously used Garnier's roll-on.
colleencanary
764 posts
Oolong tea to get the liver up and running again, 2 Disprins dissolves in a quarter glass of water to get the blood thinned out and get rid of any headache I may have and then a really greasy breakfast and I'm good as new!
colleencanary
764 posts
Ibruprofen is also really good for killer headaches. Drink and then in 2-5 mins its all good.
NicoleSummer
12 posts
Zavance, blue powerade or the 'hangover attack' drink and Thompsons vitaminC chewables.. they taste amazing.

I notice after a big night I always wake up early.
I suggest having that drink on your beside cabinet along with zavance.

Go back to sleep and when you wake up you'll feel pretty damn good!
Macs
5351 posts
Usually face wash, shower. Plenty of water and a panadol if needed.
Mila
1209 posts
nurofen for sure !.  lots of water, I like the face wipes idea as chances are you havent bothered to take your makeup off the night before will make you feel all clean and fresh and then a good moisturiser and my mysky and couch for the day :)
Hollie
320 posts
I received Hydrodol in my December 2013 Goodiebox, and used them before a big work Xmas party (lots of free wine......) and they worked! I would usually have a hideous headache, tiredness and grumpiness after the night I had like that one, but nada. I woke up feeling just fine havign taken these.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I am loving all these ideas!! These will be some awesome wee packs!! 
mama_becs
2 posts
White eyeliner -- it takes out any redness and makes me look wide awake.
xjayloux
900 posts
Peppermint tea to relax the tummy and body and an illuminating moisturizer! 
Manda129
419 posts
Orange Juice!!! Lots of it :) and I tend not to venture out the next day if I do it's a full blown face of make up to cover it all :)
it's usually the same five things everytime:
- face wipes (i only ever use them after big nights out)
- cold water
- 2 neurofen
- large french fries
- ginger beer

if i miss out on any of these about 2-3 hours after waking up the next day i just have the worst hangover ever haha!
shanellealarna
101 posts
My hangovers are few and far between these days, but if I'm feeling sorry for myself the first things I reach for are:

* Nurofen
* Coffee
* Facial mist

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't feel anywhere close to human until I've washed my hair, and spent about 30minutes under a hot shower.

Have fun on your hens night!
kirstysays
762 posts
Water ,water and more water.Plus facial wipes, facial mist and painkillers
george
150 posts
Definitely a cold bottle of water! Also OJ, a face mask, facial wipes and peppermint tea... I definitely go with the lots of hydration approach! Oh and a toasted sandwich!
sparkledept
36 posts
I force myself to down as much water as possible before I go to sleep, plus a couple of neurofen so I don't wake up feeling too awful to move!

he Enerlyte suggestion is a good one! It's better for you than Powerade as it has less sugar. Enerlyte is usually used when you have a tummy bug to replace lost hydration, essentials salts and minerals. You can get it in pharmacies in little sachets which sound like they would really suit your survival/recovery kit!

If you've been out dancing all night, perhaps a foot balm? Those dancing shoes can take their toll ;)
Susilia
484 posts
Holy moly, I never take any painkillers or any kind of pills after a big night out, I think about my poor liver working to break down all that toxic alcohol, won't poison it with paracetamol as well!!:D

For me orange juice works best and lots of water and a good mac's breakfast, but you can't really put any of these in those packs...:)
melly650
375 posts
Luckily I am blessed not to get hangovers...... Doesnt matter how much I drink, it's weird - but actually quite cool if you think of it.

What I'd put into each goodiebag, as it's for a bachelorette party and you'll be waking up in a hotel:

A bottle of chocolate milk
A small box of Coco Pops
Aspirin
Lip Balm
Listerine or gum or something for your mouths
Hand sanitizer and hand cream
A couple of hard sweets like lollipops
Maybe nail files
And sunglasses for a bit of a laugh - definitely sunglasses!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!