Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Your favourite beauty product

40 posts, 24 members
I was reading about the Goodness toning spray (and hoping I got chosen!) and it got me thinking. I realised how much I love using my toning spray (currently using one from the herb farm). It's definitely my favourite part of my skincare routine. So fast, so refreshing! 

So tell me, what is your favourite step/product at the moment? 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I was just looking at the Goodness Toning Spray before and it looks good.  I'm a shocker when it comes toners, I tend to buy them and then just don't use them lol.

I have to admit my favourite step would have to be cleansing/exfoliating especially in the morning as it really wakes me up.  I tend to use a really good coffee scrub (homemade by my awesome friend) and the almond and honey Nutrimetics cleanser scrub.  They both seriously wake you up with a big oomph ha ha ha.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I must admit I've never used a toning spray before in my life. However as a teen I used the clearsil starter pack for my acne and it had a toner in it. Not a spray though.

For me my favorite part of my skin care regime would be adding the moisture to my skin after the cleanse. Currently using the goodness oil to do so and I love it.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I think I have only tried one Toning spray and I believe it was a Lush one - the Tea Tree one I think and the one thing I'm not too keen on is the fact it makes you flinch when you spray it because it hits you so good lol.  Really wakes you up in the morning.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've never found a toner that's actually made a difference on my skin. It just feels like an extra step and makes me wonder if I'm spending money for nothing (or in some cases, on glorified water).  

My favourite beauty product is my exfoliator. My skin just feels so much better after my bi-weekly exfoliation. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I've been using the Trilogy spray toner and I like it. My favourite beauty product - make up is eye liner, skin care is a nice heavy night cream.I think the Antipodes Pear and Avocado Nourishing Night Cream is the best or one of the best I've ever used. I love it. I'm loving the Trilogy night cream at the moment too.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
My favourite part is at night after my shower when I apply my facial oil. At the moment it is crop skincare Argan oil and it is so lovely. Has caused no breakouts and makes my skin supersoft.
MareeB
5241 posts
That sounds lovely Lisa. I haven't tried Argan oil yet surprisingly, as I am an oil addict (but have a stock to get through from BBBE's and vaults!).
Mumof3munchkins those scrubs sound delicious!
MareeB - oh yes, that Antipodes cream is SO good! It's my tie favourite with Tailor Moisture. 
JessB
219 posts
I have to say for skin care I really love using my moisturizer. Feeling it sink into my skin is so satisfying! In terms of make up I can't go past the "ahh" moment of putting on a good mascara and my eyelashes just popping after the first application. Probably because it's so hard to find a mascara that has the right balance of spreading the lashes while coating them. 

Have to admit, I've never used a toner before! Though after all of the articles and talk I think I might be missing out. Is this to be my new favourite step in skin care..? Will just have to see!
RachLouise
218 posts
My fave beauty product at the moment is the Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil. I'm obsessed!
Macs
5351 posts
My Tarte Swampqueen Pallette. I can contour, highlight ,blush, eyes everything. My fave atm. Skincare I'm still loving this Reversaderm system. I've almost used it all up .
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
It's too hard to choose just one.
1) Z palette of bronzer's from the little black book of bronzer's by too faced,with a deported the balm Bahamas mama. I love using it daily, I can't go without using it. I use it contour,highlight,bronze, blush & eyeshadow's. It's really versitile.it's going to be a while before I pan any & they're mini pans but I've only managed to make a small indent in 1 pan.
2) my It Cosmetics luxe travel brushes, in particularly
the powder brush, it's soft,dense & has a tulip like end. Placing my bronzer on my face subtly making it easy to build up my product without having bronzer helmet. I love it then the next brush i's the foundation brush, it's quite small, but it's dense, fluffy & soft with a rounded end it gives a flawless finish & doesn't absorb any product.
3) my Ole Henrinkson collagen vitc serum & night time serum not the actual names but for some reason I can feel the difference it's making to my skin & can't skip a day without although it makes me vulnerable to any sun exsopure, sunscreen i's definitely mandatory.
Imoshen
461 posts
There is a lot of research and information going around the internet that Vitamin C makes your sunscreen more effective (if you use it in the morning).  On the other hand there is a lot of talk that Vitamin C should only be used at night so you really have to take it all with a grain of salt and go with what you feel comfortable with.

Essentially Vitamin C is an antioxidant so when you use it in the morning IT breaks down instead of your skin from the sun exposure.  

So many different people saying different things though.
GingerRoyal
5 posts
I love Stila liquid eyeliner. It stays on exactly the same all day (I've even slept in it and woke up with it just as good as I first put it on) and I only need one streak, it goes on super black.
@GingerRoyal - That eyeliner sounds great! I know you SHOULDN'T sleep in your makeup, but if you do and it still looks good the next day... #winning
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I purchased the goodness spray mist toner from oak n save for $10 I was so happy to get my hands on it & for such a bargain. I'll be going back for more.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
The more I hear about this product the more I think I need it in my life.  Definitely going on the wish list for sure.  Can't wait to read reviews on this.
Nicolef
11 posts
My favourite would be anything bath or shower related. A long soak (with additives of course) is soothing, & relaxing; and is part of my sanity plan. And the shower just cleanses and refreshes and sets me up for the day.
fairyfluff
19 posts
After reading this thread the Goodness toning spray is definitely on my wish list! Can somebody tell me more about this spray? Is it good for all skin types and what *exactly* is a toner good for? I have owned a few in the past but they have never become a staple in my skincare regime as I don't really know what they do apart from refreshing the skin.. Can somebody please enlighten me?

But lately I have been really crushing on skincare, and I am brave and proud to wear my bareface in public with the right skin care. I love feeling beautiful soft and supple skin and skincare has really been priortised in my life lately. I have been loving Olay regenerist night creme, it makes my skin feel really nice afterwards. I def recommend that nightcreme.
I consider toner to mean 'step between cleanser and moisturiser'. When used on a cotton pad they clean up any remaining makeup on your face, but beyond that it is individual to the toner. Some are designed to help close pores and control oily skin, others are full of hydrating, refreshing or nourishing ingredients. I think modern toners do a whole heap of things depending what you're looking for. 
Calming too. I always look for ingredients that will calm my skin in case washing it has irritated my sensitive skin. 
Julieal
915 posts
I love Goodness products and have recently started using the eye cream -It is really nice.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i have, and love, the black robin toning spray but i really just use it because it feels and smells nice haha.

My fave skincare product is Ethique In Your Face cleanser though - can't live without it!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I always like a good exfoliator. I'm using the Sub 24 one at the moment, which is a nice natural option.

I also like my Bee Sensual toner. It reminds me of Turkish Delight for some reason.
SandyGedge
394 posts
Hmmm hard to choose! I'm loving my makeup geek glitter eyeshadow that my sis gave me. So pigmentated and sparkly ;-) will always and forever love my lorac unzipped pallette too.
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm loving the Lokoko balm for my feet - it's fabulous. I only have one more use left in it :(
Koni
444 posts
I love a good facial spray whether it's to tone or set :-)

My favourite beauty product at the moment is the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing balm. Removing my face paint at the end of a long day has never felt better.
Trudi & itsclear - I love all those products too! I'm such a sucker for NZ beauty products!
Sandy - yay, glitter eyeshadow!!

Maree - oh that balm sounds great. My feet need some love so I should check it out!
I love Australis PLUMPtastic lipgloss, I'm not sure if you can still get it or if the changed the package but boy I miss it
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh and if we're talking about makeup my favourite step in my makeup routine would be lipstick because all the rest of my makeup is on and for the ease of application (well, not the dark shades) it makes a big difference in the overall final look of my makeup. It's that satisfying final touch, the other step would be blush because it's easy for me to get right, takes no time, feels so nice to apply with a soft brush and makes a big difference in the look. 
Tannygirl you're so right about lippy!
Macs
5351 posts
I agree with lipstick that's why I do it second to last. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I'm nowhere near a pro at application of products, but my favs would definitely be masks, scrubs, facial washes. I like to be feel clean especially on my face and there is nothing like masks for a bit of pampering. I love lipsticks also as they can complete your look but I also appreciate that even if you are having a no make up day that lipsticks just pop and brighten your no make up look :)
banginbeauty
3 posts
I can't live without Witch Hazel! Amazing toner and keeps my skin clear! It helped me hear out my acne and I can't let go of it since. Witch Hazel + Tea Tree Oil = Beautiful-amazing skin! <3
fairyfluff
19 posts
Lippy is life.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Somedays even though I don't have a full face I'll put on a nude lippy just because it feels good to wear something and I can't be bothered with the effort of doing the rest of my face. 
littleparadise
178 posts
Love reading over what your favourite products are at the moment, everyone is so different. 
I am loving two products, my MAC Studio Waterweight Liquid Foundation, it is perfect for my everyday use, it blends effortlesly, light weight on my skin and a lovely finish and I can't go past is Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, it is my go to all day every day. Perfect flutter thick curly lashes, like I am wearing falsies! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!