Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

XMAS GIFT SETS

32 posts, 13 members
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Hey ladies. Makeup.co.nz has some awesome Gift sets from Benefit for sale. Be perfect for a stocking filler
tabucutie
1811 posts
I love the packaging for the holiday sets they are so cute!
MareeB
5239 posts
Me too Tabucutie - it really feels like you're buying yourself a present! I love love love boxes of miniature perfumes especially.
Helibabi
101 posts
Ooooh was going to ask if anyone had seen Xmas sets around yet eeeeeexciting! 
Will have to have a look.... although I did just shop 40% off L’Oréal at farmers so might have to wait a few weeks to sneak some into the house hehe. Although it is almost my birthday... haha. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh the benefit ones are legit always rad.  I got a 12 days one a couple years ago, and then last year (?) i got one that had a full size total moisture, and a couple other things, for LESS than the cost of the total moisture!

I've also seen that Body Shop are doing the advent calendars.  The Mecca ones can't be far off.  Beautiful Christmas are selling again (under new ownership) but i'm still on the fence about buying one this year. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I saw the unboxing for the The Body Shop Freddie Fox advent calendar and omg, that is good value if you love products from the Body Shop lots of good fullsized products including the more expensive skincare. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've never bought any beauty xmas advent calendars (though you can be sure I buy a chocolate one every year and I will be 29 this xmas!) I didn't know there was lil miniature perfume ones. Are these advent calendars something you can only buy online?Or are there some in stores? How much could I expect to pay? Id be most interested in CF brands that I could review on the site later if anyone has any recommendations :)
Julieal
915 posts
Not to forget BBBoxes too -awesome for present as well
lifeissupa
35 posts
Yes I can't wait for bbb Xmas boxes.
With the Freddie fox advent can you purchase online or have to purchase instore.  
Bbb suld do advent calender for Xmas to I reckon. Imagine how awesum that would be
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Okay I walked into the Body Shop today to inquire about Freddie Fox and it turns out they're only bringing in two advent calendars the owl and the deer one which are cheaper but not as good value as the fox one. You have to sign up and they'll notify you since there is limited stock so they told me they may not have it out on display. 

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
OK here's my thoughts on beauty advent calendars.  I've tried a couple in the past and loved them. I found myself leaping out of bed for a change lol. There are so many available now overseas but we are still quite limited to what we can get here, especially instore - Loccitane being one of the few. The prices seem to have gone up as these have become more popular too. Some of the ones in the U.K. Like the Libertys one are eye wateringly expensive! Overall, they are great to try out different things but I don't think they're great value for money considering your mostly getting minis or sample foils. And you're bound to be left with things that you won't use or don't suit you. I think you're better off getting a selection of things you want from the Mecca minis bar. On the other hand, xmas gift sets are often great value and you can pay less than if you bought the items individually. I'm a sucker for those so going to save my money for those, especially as I am going on a big trip on the 19th December anyway. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
More thoughts on advent calendars....Tabucutie, I have seen some perfume advent calendars available on overseas sites but I think you'd have trouble getting one shipped to NZ or you'd have to pay a lot, due to shipping restrictions on perfumes. 

Trudi, I'm sitting out on Beautiful Christmas NZ this year although I think it is easily the best value advent calendar out there. I'll see how I goes under new management this year. I'm still using stuff from that one so will keep shopping my stash. 

Non-beauty ones that caught my eye in Kmart: a votive candle one which I though was a great idea. I don't think it's a different scent each day though. Someone had actually ripped a couple open (seriously, who does that?) and they kinda all smelt the same for it was only about $14. There was also Lindt Lindor chocolate one for $20 which was very tempting. But who can just eat one of those at a time? Lol. Not me that's for sure. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
ah a candle one would be amazing! I'm watching the BC brand reveal and I'm leaning towards a no this year for much the same reasons as you Soozie - you're right in that it's the best value out there though!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi, I did actually think of you when I saw the candle one. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I totally agree with you on the Christmas sets thing. I already bought a couple of the limited edition sets from Sephora. 
Macs
5351 posts
I just had a peek at them . I love minis great way to try before buying full sized. Never purchased an advent calendar . Price tags always scared me away lol 
KiwiLass
174 posts
Beautylish have some lovely looking holiday season sets out now, which I'm tempted by....
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Hey macs in some benefit sets you can get like 3 full size products for almost the price of 1 :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
@worldofsooziewong:is the Beautiful Christmas Advent Calendar worth purchasing? The price seems affordable compared to other ones I have been looking at? Also I could totally eat the Lindt Lindor chocolate thing. I may need to pay a trip to Kmart!

itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I got a few beauty gift sets half priced after Christmas last year. That was amazing value because they were the same products as were being sold individually full price.

This year I'm more drawn to the new brands I'm seeing on the shelf.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tabucutie, the Beautiful Christmas one was great last year. Lots of full sized products so definitely worth it. I think it's cruelty free as well being only NZ brands? Have a look on their Facebook page or Instagram to see what was in last year's box and for a sneak peek at this year's. 
KiwiLass
174 posts
I ended up getting the Benefit minis one from Makeup.NZ as it’s such good value and all products I love - not to mention the gorgeous box.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I am so keen to get that box, I will have a look on instagram to see what was in last years. I box for me, though I dont know if I could leave it alone until christmas day. I like surprises, but not surprises I have to wait for lol.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I know Lush does half price on Boxing Day although last year it was limited to just instore I think. If you can grab their gifts at half price it's good value. I'm not sure if The Body Shop does something with their Christmas gift sets that are left over in terms of sales. Mecca did have a bit of a sale after Christmas but not on much and I think it was mostly the expensive body care items, soaps, hair ties, bags, not much makeup.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah the Body Shop usually have a 50% sale in the New Year and it often includes the LE/Xmas stuff.

Pure Fiji Xmas Crackers are always a good option, they're usually $20 and they have a mini body butter, body mist, body lotion and lip balm.  I usually grab one or two for myself and one or two for presents
tashy_george
1 posts
Oh this is the best time of the year, to get lots of goodies!  I love to create my own with a few little extra sweet things. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Oooh I'll look out for the Pure Fiji crackers - I've always wanted to try their products but haven't gotten around to buying any - hoping to go to actual Fiji one day to buy them!!!
tabucutie
1811 posts
I got gifted some Pure Fiji products years ago and loved them. Where do you buy the Christmas crackers from @trudijoy?
KiwiLass
174 posts
ooohhh yes I'd love some of those! Pure Fiji always smells so good, love their sugar scrub.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I get them from About Face at Sylvia Park mall, they always have a decent stash of xmas gifts ranging from those up to the bigger hampers.

Flybuys also have plenty of Pure Fiji - I got a full sized sugar scrub there a couple months back.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mecca have given pre-release access to level 3 beauty loop members for some of the gift boxes. There's some good stuff in there. I'm going to wait until they release everything in store though. 
KiwiLass
174 posts
I see Linden Leaves have some lovely bon bons for sale too.....

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!