Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Women's Lifestyle Expo

22 posts, 13 members
Ringy
825 posts
I went to the Dunedin women's lifestyle expo today. I bought a couple of food items and the goodie bag which was quite good. There wasn't that many stalls so I'm sort of on the fence as to weather I liked it or not - is it bigger in other cities like Christchurch or basically the same at every place? 
MareeB
5239 posts
I was going to go down tomorrow but I think I won't now. I went to the Mind / Body Expo in Timaru today. It was really good.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I think it more just who gets involved that year. I've been to big city ones like that which have been both good and very average.
MissQT
1547 posts
I've never been but I would be keen to check it out (depending on these comments too). Hue much did you pay for entry?
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh yeah, I'd love to go to one in Auckland :)
Ringy
825 posts
Its $10 entry, free for kids under 12. I'm not sure what should be there but I wasn't really impressed. Scentsy, jamberry, nutrimedics, handmade soaps, handmade little candles, the national party, a couple of family photographers, a scrapbooking stand, a massage place that had a big line of people waiting, a couple of hairdressers both selling the same Angel shampoo, and other places but nothing really stand outish. There was a Za/Moisture Mist stall but it was busy and squishy so I didn't wait around. 

The Timaru one would have been good, more my style. 
Ringy
825 posts
The goodie bag was $20

-Za deep cleansing oil full zize
-Za cleanser, toner and a moisturizer sample
- Lipidol facial oil full size
- Constance Carroll 75ml can of hairspray 
- Inecto bottle of coconut shampoo 500ml (now I have to go and buy the matching conditioner!)
-craisins sample pack
-200ml coconut water
-rice cracker sample pack
-1 individually wrapped mentos
-protein cookie
-2x magazines (woman's day and weekly)
-1 school book plastic cover
- 1 shower puff/sponge
-tiramisu coffee sachet x1
-hoisin sauce sample x1

it was the highlight of the event for sure!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
The goodie bag sounds alright lol. Shame the expo was a bit of a let down. I haven't been before.
MissQT
1547 posts
yeah sounds like there weren't that many stalls which is disappointing.
Rezee
1964 posts
I've always wanted to go to one of these but it sounds like I'd end up dissapointed too. The goodie bag sounds really good though!
Macs
5351 posts
I went to one with my mate last year in my local. Was disappointed not many stalls outside health and food. There was a goodie bag which I didnt get but Im glad I didnt there was 5 items in it, didnt think it was worth the price at the time. Your bag sounds totally different though Ringy, sounds better than what I experienced. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I always struggle with these sorts of things as it is kinda like paying for people to have the opportunity to advertise to you... Plus I hate when you end up with goodie bags with stuff you don't want. Glad you enjoyed your goodie bag at least!
MareeB
5239 posts
Yeah true Kirsty. You shouldn't have to pay to get in and the goodie bags should be free. It's all advertising like you say and presumably they want people to try their products. Imagine the custom they'd get then!
MareeB
5239 posts
I hasten to add that your goodie bag looked pretty good for $20 though Ringy.
Jesse
745 posts
I went last year in Hamilton and really enjoyed it, and will be going again this year. I guess it depends what you're into.
Macs
5351 posts
One time Maree back in the early 2000s I went to one in Hamilton. Goodie bags were free back then and full of product samples to try. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I'm pretty sure in the days of the summer show and winter show (remember those???) business would give out samples. I think those shows were the same type of deal - advertising? wow, it's been years, I'd forgotten about them!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Had to work on Saturday with the hubby and he was to take me on the Sunday but never did, pulled my left shoulder on a rather tiring boxing and lifting session so didn't feel up to walking around.   Was a shame though as I really wanted to go as I worked the Christchurch one and even from being with the Rovie stand I could see how much there was to look at, especially for a beauty junkie, I was drooling at the bags as they past me, never got the chance to go around and take a look as it was really busy both days.  

I get what you mean by it feels like you are paying to walk around and be advertised at but the amount of free things and offers it pays for itself.  Fingers crossed I get to go to another one.

By the sounds of things the Dunedin one was smaller, the Christchurch had quite a few brands there, couldn't tell you specific names as it was over 6 months ago and the whole weekend went by like a blur lol.   
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've only been to one expo and that was for a wedding one.  I didn't really think much of it to be honest with you.  Maybe a Lifestyle Expo would be more fun.  I love samples as I find that is the best way to know whether I like something or not.  The goodiebag sounded okay, the ZA cleansing oil sounded interesting though.  Hope you enjoy all your goodies 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I went too, took two teenagers with me - got them a goodie bag to share & they didnt even ask me to buy them anything while there! Although they did end up with another lipgloss each.
I bought a few things from Za & Thin Lizzy, and some coconut oil. Interesting to see so many party plan type businesses there.
Given that I cant really get my hands on a lot of stuff and see in person what it's like, it was worth the $10 entry. Great to have the Grab one vouchers though, cheaper and quicker to get in.
Definietly spent a lot more time at Mitre 10 & Bunnings though. And it was a great day out for the 3 of us girls, while man was home digging a hole - hahahaha!
MareeB
5239 posts
Sounds like you had a good day Karen. Look forward to seeing what you got :)
annanguyen
142 posts
The Goodie Bag sounds very good for $20. I am excited as Women's Lifestyle Expo is coming to Invercargill this weekend. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!