Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Why Ruin the Surprise

53 posts, 8 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Okay I have a slight grumble to make.

Why are Mecca sending out emails revealing what is in our Beauty Loop boxes? I thought the whole idea of them was to surprise us.

It did mention what the email was in the subject line so I was able to delete it before seeing what was in there but still if you weren't paying attention and opened it, it would ruin the surprise.

Anyone else get annoyed by this?

JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I thought the same thing! I just saw the email, I haven't deleted it yet ... Curiosity might get the better of me. In the past I've always collected them in store and when they ask me if I want them to show me what's inside I always said no cause it's so exciting opening it up ... It's the little things in life :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
You have to click the link in the email to see it and there's only three products listed on level 3 and you get four in the box. Last time they sent that email out after they'd shipped the box so maybe it's the delay in shipping. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
All good, I was just a bit surprised that was all.

It's like giving a kid a kinder surprise and telling them what the toy is before they get chance to open it themselves which to me is the best part (and eating the chocolate of course).
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh I know exactly whey you mean, mumof3! Also the level 3 boxes look completely different to the Aussie ones too. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I realised what it was so didn't open it but out loud said 'that's so stupid' as they literally emailed me a couple days back to say that sending would take a bit longer even though I ordered within about two mins of getting the email. 

im hoping it's a good surprise; I'm having to avoid the Mecca Facebook group because people are posting spoilers (unbelievable  - so inconsiderate ) and I dare not look at the BR wall in case people are inconsiderate here too. 
MissDilly
229 posts
My hubby has taken over my Mecca account for Mother's Day purchases, so no shopping for me for a couple of weeks,   but he assures me one of the orders has my loop box - each kiddo picked something for me in their own order....I'm hoping I'm allowed the loop box before Mothers Day... The upside is I get to share Mothers Day with my little girls 5th birthday.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've never had a loop box but look forward to hearing what you all got!
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Anyone had notification of their Mecca order being sent yet? I'm so impatient hehe
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just had a text earlier from DHL saying it should arrive on Friday, then an email from Mecca saying its been shipped shortly after that. My desk arrived today! That's two and a half hours if my life putting it togethet I'll never get back! Thank goodness it's a teacher only day! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mines due tomorrow! Eek! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
So happy with my level 3 loop :) 
Emily-jane
314 posts
Received mine today, very happy. Such a nice treat for the weekend. I had accidentally ruined it for myself however. Im not sure why they send out the email about what's in your beauty loop box before it arrives but know better for next time. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mine arrived today too. I also got a couple of the new Soap and Glory goodies. I discovered that they were made in the factory I worked in when I was a student. That was the best summer job ever! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh I got soap and glory too, hand cream. My hands are so bad atm from all the excessive hand washing. I also got spot dots and a 16 brand sheet mask :) and a Glamglow sample 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg I needed spot dots this week! I had a giant pimple and nothing to put on it. They are good Trudi ?
Emily-jane
314 posts
Only treat for me was the beauty loop box and a Eve lom sample as I got my mum a Mother's day gift. What are the 16 brand masks like? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Spot dots are amazing! They stay put overnight and suck out all the gunk; you can basically just wipe the pimple away the next day.

16 brand masks are dirt cheap, smell nice and are refreshing. Idk if they DO anything but the process is relaxing 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I got the hand cream too, in the new fragrance, along with the new body scrub. Soooooo good. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
What's the new scent like? I HATED the lime one lol
MissDilly
229 posts
I haven't got mine yet, with big courier delays where I live,  but  I can probably guess what's coming reading the rest of this  thread.... bummer 
trudijoy
8375 posts
This thread hasn't mentioned the loop box contents at all missdilly - we said what we bought, and what samples we got from buying online. No spoilers here x 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It's a tropical scent Trudi. I usually get the lime one lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Might wait to smell it in store then lol
Emily-jane
314 posts
Hopefully it arrives soon. I'm rural and it came a few days early to my surprise. Did they send you a tracking number?

Trudi what scent masks have you tried? They are very cheap so was a bit sceptical but some are alway out of stock so might add a few to my next order.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Peach and apple
mango and grapefruit
hibiscus

i mostly use these, Sephora and Skinfood for sheet masks, and Kmart or Sephora for eye masks 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And yep emily they sent a dhl  tracking link. This time they came from Australia so took a little longer 
Emily-jane
314 posts
Mango and grapefruit sounds good, Thanks. Yup I got a tracking number just wondering if MissDilly received one. Are Mecca now shipping again from NZ warehouse?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Not yet I don't think 
Macs
5351 posts
I did receive an email after my order. Luckily this thread stopped me from opening it .
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Mine is with the courier for delivery today eek, can't wait.

I purchased 3 masks (the sheet masks that come with a cleanser in each), soap and Glory scrub, mask, frank vitamin c mask and the loop 2 box and sample. 

MissDilly - no spoilers here, just me grumbling that they sent an email ruining the surprise lol. We're just posting what we bought in our mecca haul. I hate surprises being ruined so definitely not going to ruin it for anyone else xx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
My order just got dropped off- EEK 

Haul on the photo wall, don't worry, no spoilers of the Loop Box. Just my order and a sample.

Very happy with my Loop 2 box though, one item in there I've wanted to try since it came out as I love most of the products in that brand.

Would love to see photos of everyone's hauls.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Spoiler-less haul pic on the wall :) 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I finally just got mine this morning. Rather happy with my Loop L3 box. I only purchased the Nars eyeshadow base and the mini of the Smashbox Primeriser
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
If anyone's Mecca Beauty Loop 3 it looks like we have a nice wee gift waiting :)

Placed on photowall incase 
trudijoy
8375 posts
just claimed mine - online, as i can't get in to the store today.

I got a Mecca gift from that brand on the opening day of one of the stores up here and loved it, excited to see what's being gifted this time!

I hope it's nothing with a shade, is all.  There are often red and nude lippies in the freebie boxes, and i don't wear the shades.  Not about to complain abotu free product, just fingers x'd it's something I get to use (otherwise it'll be gifted again :) ) 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I've have the Undereye powder which is nice. I agree, I have so many red shades as freebies. Some are gorgeous but I barely ever wear reds. I like a nude but not too nude otherwise it washes out ya face
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah a pink nude occasionally is okay, but the browny ones don't suit me and i don't like red on my face. 
Emily-jane
314 posts
Just did an order for some hand cream to get this. Been waiting for this. Sadly I wont be level 3 soon so looking forward to this bonus.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm going instore on Saturday so will pick mine up then. I already use the brand so hopefully it will be something new to try. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I was going to pop in but between being lazy and not wanting to risk spending to much I decided to online order some hangover primer instead. When it hits October I'd say I'll be back to level 1 which is sad ...
Emily-jane
314 posts
I quite lile what's in the level 1 and 2 boxes more than level 3 half the time but will miss the level 3 beauty loop bonuses. I haven't tried that setting spray Jackie how do you find it.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I haven't tried the setting spray, this is the water based hydrating face primer which is great :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
the hangover spray is amazingly refreshing, but i didn't use it as a setting spray bc it's quite 'wet' and i love my glamglow.  I used it instead between cleansing and moisturising, and found it really lovely.

I got a full sized bottle of that sent to me from the states a couple years ago when I complained to them about BTS mascara stinging my eyes; they were going to replace the mascara and in the end they offered me pretty much a product of choice sent over, from a select list, and I chose the spray. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
got my freebie and it's a shade, but one i will wear, so yay!
Emily-jane
314 posts
Sorry so read that wrong Jackie. My order arrived too. Do you mind me asking what you got Trudi?
trudijoy
8375 posts
emily i'll share a pic next week, i don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone waiting :) 
Emily-jane
314 posts
Good idea will do the same next week. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I wonder if we will all Get the same thing ...
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've seen two variations so far, and of the one i got there are different colours.  So probably not! ;) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!