Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Which mac foundation ? :)

13 posts, 10 members
mishxo
18 posts
So I'm wanting to get a mac foundation and just wondering which ones you guys recommend? :) I have normal to dry skin and like my foundation quite natural and not heavy coverage (buildable) I like a satin or dewy finish as well :) tia xx
chikoboo
3402 posts
MAC waterweight and studio sculpt are both meduim builadable foundations that leave a satin finish also both offer hydration which is perfect for dry skin.  The other foundations are either sheer coverage or matte finishes.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've only tried Pro Longwear, but I really liked it. It narrowly lost out in the end to the Stila one I bought but I'd happily buy the Pro Longwear in the future. It was more matte though.

I found MAC awesome for the sample - I went in, did a consultation with the guy, he colour matched me to a product which he thought would meet my needs as I explained them and suit my skin, then gave me a sample which lasted about a week. All very friendly, no obligation, just a 'if you like it come back and buy it, if not that's fine too and we're happy to help' kind of attitude. I say go into the store and do that :)
-Bex-
611 posts
I have dry skin and used studio sculpt it's Medium coverage with a satin finish. It wasn't drying and lasts all day 
mallomiss
569 posts
I have Studio fix which a full coverage. Kind of a matte finish but it doesn't mess with my dry areas.
I adore it! It's my holy grail foundation.
The key is a great primer. I used their prep & prime which is silky & lightweight.
tannygirl
3392 posts
If you have dry skin and not a lot blemishes to cover Mac Mineralize Moisture Fluid Foundation is pretty good. It does have a dewy finish and looks really natural. Mac Face and Body is another good one, it's buildable and has nice satin finish.
Jesse
745 posts
I'd recommend getting a sample of a couple of different types to see what you like. MAC tends to be pretty generous with samples, and if there's not a MAC counter where you live try calling MAC Britomart who will send you samples and you just pay $3 in postage. 

I've only tried MAC Prolongwear and Studio Fix, both which are full coverage foundations so might be worth trying other ones if you're after something more lightweight.
Arohas
77 posts
I used pro longwear. I found it gave good coverage. I can get uneven skin tones and found it hid this well
Macs
5351 posts
Definately on my wishlist. Take notes. Sample seems like a safe option. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Arohas, welcome to BR.... I'm trying to work out how you have hero status already with a profile established yesterday and no reviews yet! Maybe the same glitch that stole the expert badges yesterday? Gremlins!

I did really like the Pro Longwear but I was looking for fuller coverage & matte finish
Arohas
77 posts
Hi trudijoy. Thank you. A hero badge? I don't have one of them. I don't think I have a badge at all or am I looking in the wrong spot.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Arohas, welcome to Beauty Review - it seems our gremlins welcomed you too, with a shiny Hero badge (now gone, sorry) ... something to aim for though :)

mishxo
18 posts
Cool! Thanks for all our suggestions! I think I might go I and ask then for samples or get them to try it on me before I commit to one! :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!