Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Which beauty destination is at the top of your must-go list?

27 posts, 19 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
For me, the places I need to go to (and by makeup in!) soon are New York - and seeing worldofsooziewong's posts on IG makes me want to go to Korea!

I also want to go to Fiji just to get Pure Fiji at reasonable prices haha x
Paris! I'm mostly a perfume junkie and I want to go to Champs-Elysses so I can visit the Guerlain boutique there! There's also a Caron boutique nearby and they sell their face powders and powder puffs made from goose feathers and also perfumes from huge crystal fountains. Urgh, I need!

Whoops meant to say goose feathers!
trudijoy
8375 posts
omg that sounds so pretty!!
That's Caron for you!

You can see the powder puffs peeking out!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I just fainted and went to perfume heaven x
kirstyj
1732 posts
That looks amazing crystalmarionette! I went to sephora in Paris, it was pretty cool :)

I think my next destination where I'll buy makeup will be somewhere in the States... all going to plan that is. I would really mainly like to go to a US drugstore. I feel like I would buy enough makeup to last me the rest of my life :P
glamfish
87 posts
Holy wow that picture is stunning....Beauty Review holiday abroad? :D
Here's the Guerlain one! Multistoried. Showing off their Aqua Allergoria and L'Art et la Matiere!

Ok I'll be honest... I want to go anywhere there is a perfume boutique! And omg Kirsty, was it huge?
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Haha I'm so lame, but since I've never been out of the country yet, I'm aiming for Australia as a shopping destination sometime in the near future 
alikat
423 posts
I love shopping in LA. I know ALL the haunts. However, if I'm being daring, its Paris. Home of Chanel. Guerlain. Dior. That is just the makeup... chanel and dior bags. Longchamp... j'aime Paris... donc beaucoup de belles choses, si peu d'argent!
trudijoy
8375 posts
berrylicious your day will come and you'll appreciate it all the more when it does xx

We're building quite the list of BR experts on certain locales!
Macs
5351 posts
The Sephora in Paris looks amazing to me. It's huge.
janini9
341 posts
Korea is looking pretty enticing to me. I must admit after watching Rachel Hunters foray there recently on TV, the availability of expertise cosmetic surgery would be a bonus attraction. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
America mail Florida or Cincinnati or NYC just bc they have all if not everything right down to Kiko Milani cosmetics and their price range is so affordable...... Florida Miami because of the weather there and kids granddad lives there aswell as aunts and uncles so baby sitters whilst I makeup shop. I will do this trip ome day. Then Omaha & Michigan where I have friends :) so someone to shop with x
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Ladies I am in Paris right now and it is amazing for a skincare junkie! I have bought a lot of Nuxe and La Roche Posay :D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've gone mad buying makeup in the States before but nothing could've prepared me for beauty shopping in Korea. All the well known brands have their own stores and in the main shopping district, there will be about six shops in a row! This is then repeated every block and on all the side streets. There are actually more beauty shops than clothes shops! And because of all the competition, they will give you freebies such as sheet masks to lure you in and have a look. Then there are more samples if you buy something. The products are amazing and so, so cheap (and Korea is not a particularly cheap country) I've never experienced anything like it and don't recall it being like this when I last came here in 2008 (although I wasn't looking for beauty products then)

Beauty shopping in Paris would be amazing but unlike Korea, would require a lotto win. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I really want to shop in Sephora one day.
Rezee
1964 posts
Well I was going to say sephora of course but the description of Korea sounds amazing! I want to go there too.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
All of these sound lovely! I'd say Sydney for now, as its close on a plane with little ones. Maybe in the future I'd love to go further away x
Julieal
915 posts
New York would be my dream as I think there wouldbe just so much choice I would need at least a month there to take it all in however after Trudi's review Sephora in Sydney sounds cool.
Ringy
825 posts
I don't have a dream destination really, I'll go anywhere, and I can definitely shop ANYWHERE- i love going looking at and trying all the different stuff other countries (even just other places in New Zealand) have to offer- I'm not fussy.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Rezee, I'm here with a group of teachers from NZ and Australia and I thought everyone would find my beauty obsession a little crazy. But they all ooh and ahh over my purchases and want to know where I got them from. Even the men lol. There is something addictive about Korean beauty products. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
These all sound awesome. Hopefully one of us wins Big Wednesday tonight and makes a trip like this a reality!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Just reading this makes me want to go back to Paris and the States again. There is so good places to go for beauty in the UK, particularly London as well. I particularly want to go to Fragonard in France and pick up some more of the L'Etoile perfume.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Actually I have this dream that if I win lotto I'd go on a beauty tour with major destinations being America, Paris and Sydney.  I used to shop regularly in London anyway so it isnt a must do for me.   I stated America rather than an actual city there as we plan to do a massive USA road trip so San Francisco (hello benefit HQ) New York (too many to mention but Bloomingdale and Barneys for sure) Los Angeles and many others but definitely Ulta, Sephora, Sears, Bed bath and beyond,  nordstrom....
trudijoy
8375 posts
chikoboo - sounds like heaven!! And for us bilingual types that's an added reason to go to the countries where we speak the language so we can purchase multilingually hehe always fun
ChristineHoll
152 posts
Benefit HQ is in San Francisco?? I'm thinking about taking a trip to SF next year for my 30th birthday (hello, sephora!) and would SO be going to HQ if it's close enough!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!