Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Where to get bra fittings?

12 posts, 8 members
elmiee
3 posts
In England we can get measured for free at a few different higstreet stores, does anywhere in New Zealand do this and if so where? Would like to actually get fitted before buying new bras this time :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Farmers or Bendon are where I've been... it's very hit - or - miss depending on who you get though. Def get a few fittings so you know what's accurate
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
When I was a teen I got my first fitting at the local Bendon shop. I often wonder if I'm in the correct size, only last week did I get another fitting at a Bendon outlet store, in Silverdale. Blow me away I've been correctly sizing myself. However they didn't have my size in store, so I left with underwear & ordered online with Rose & Thorne. I find their information they provide with their shapes of bras are easy to understand to get you choosing the correct bra for the use you prefer eg flirty bra or uplifting etc..
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've actually never had a bra fitting (is that bad lol) but our local Bendon store does fittings so I'm sure Bendon would be the same nationwide.  

I haven't worn a proper bra-bra in years, I only wear sports bras or Ahh bra type items as I just can't wear them.  I see all these gorgeous bras with fancy patterns and lace and I just can't wear them as I find them so darn uncomfortable lol.  Does that make me weird, please tell me I'm not the only one ha ha ha.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh I wear sports bras all the time. They're so comfy and they're the only bras that I had proffessionally fitted and I splurged on. I went to Farmers Northlands in Christchurch and I got the best bra fitting there. I got given a size up to what I went for and surprisingly it was actually more comfortable than what I was wearing. 
elmiee
3 posts
Thanks for all the replies! I have also never had a bra fitting and I'm 28! I was always super tiny and was usually the smallest bra size but now I've got a bit of curve and no longer a boney stick I've been guessing/going up sizes but haven't been feeling super comfy so think it's time to get a proper fitting! Takes me a while to adult at life haha.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I recently had a bra fitting and it was awesome! Best thing I've done in a while haha. I got it done at my local Bendon store :-) But I know if you're in Auckland you can go to the Rose and Thorne outlet and get fitted there. I would have thought Farmers did it too but I could be wrong :-) I can't think of any other lingerie stores around but I would think they would offer it too!
trudijoy
8375 posts
There's a rose and Thorne outlet? Tell me more!
shazatron101
5112 posts
yeah! i want to say its in Drury but i can't remember :D good ol brain :P
trudijoy
8375 posts
Something to go explore in a few weeks! Right now I'm in minimum movement resting my foot- thank god I didn't actually break it though
Macs
5351 posts
The last time I was fitted I went to Bras n Things. That was a long time ago though. I know there's one at Sylvia Park.
Imoshen
461 posts
Mumof3munchkins no, you aren't the only one that doesn't like the sexy lacy underwear.  Itchy and scratchy and not comfortable at all.  Give me the t-shirt contour bra any day :).

Also, to everyone, don't be afraid to get a bra fitting done.  Often the ladies (and girls) are beautifully trained and they are friendly and approachable.  Better to get something that fits and keeps your breasts in good shape than something you'll regret later in life *looking at you high heels!*.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!