Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Where did the thread go?

21 posts, 6 members
Sophia
203 posts
Mumof3 started a thread about magnesium oil which I wrote a long as reply in for her, went back to add something and the whole thing has gone???
trudijoy
8375 posts
I had one deleted the other day too.... I think the spams so bad that sometimes good threads get taken out with the crap :/
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I thought maybe I had written something in there I shouldn't and it was deleted lol.

Yeah the spam definitely is getting worse. Must be so frustrating for BR Babes ahhhh.

Was looking forward to reading some recommendations. 
Sophia
203 posts
Nah that doesn't make sense. You can see who started the thread, mumof3 is a well known regular, so it was removed on purpose.
I'd like an answer from BR if there was something in there that was in breach of rules before I spend another 20 mins sharing my experiences.
trudijoy
8375 posts
You’d think I might count as a ‘well known regular’ too but what I said is exactly what Queenie herself said must have happened. 

Mine wasnt a breach either.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm sure it was purely an accident like Trudis post. Sometimes the spam is so bad it would be easy to delete something amongst it all. Perhaps just start it again :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think i might become a BR spammer. Im up when they seem to come out of the walls, im sure my posts could be just as annoying hahahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
I often wonder shaz how much they make out of it... must be enough to make it worth doing! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Maybe they just do it for the sheer pleasure of annoying people lol but hey if i got paid to be that annoying well there would be no stopping me!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Idk if I COULD be that annoying 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
It's okay, these things happen. I've just logged on now and there are 16 spam posts. The most popular ones seem to be about keto or penis enlargement supplements lol. 

I'm just gutted I didnt get to read your reply after you spent so much time on it x
trudijoy
8375 posts
I started a thread about Maaori language week and THATs been removed too. 

Pleeeeeease BR I know there’s lots of spam but can we please please be more careful? 
Sophia
203 posts
The short version was that I haven't tried magnesium oil but I have tried other sleepiedrugs. Husband and I bought some products and this is what we found so far:
Ordinary magnesium tablets - seemed to keep himself awake, he didn't like. I take it every night, certainly helps me sleep heavier and get back to sleep if I wake up.  2 tablets is noticeably better but I generally stick to 1.

Kava capsules- 2 for him lets him sleep all the way through and no waking up with mind rattling. Pretty same for me. I like 1 kava + 1 magnesium for feeling of health benefits and gentle relaxation.

Tart cherry - 1 and 2 tabs did nothing for him. I find it gentle like magnesium. Currently taking 1 of each so I use up the tart cherry. Sometimes have more dreams on cherry. Not as effective as kava in relaxing me. I won't get it again.

5htp..... Wow. The lowest dose I could find was 25mg and it was too strong, seemed to have a cumulative effect. We tried both 50mg and 25mg. 
it did wonders for my peace of mind in daytime but aat night my dreams were weird and busy, I was actually awake more to wee, but straight back to sleep. Also got farty bubbly tum the next day. Husband didn't get any gastric issue. 1tablet wasn't strong enough to let him sleep through, 2 made him groggy and overly chilled as if on anti depressant the next day. He didn't like that so stopped taking it. I really loved not getting self generated baggage voices off it but the other side effects were too odd to be tolerated. I felt like I wawas awake all night, such a busy dreaming brain. 

Sophia
203 posts
Ok, that's not really the short version haha.
i can give brand names and dosages of what I find good if we don't get deleted again.
Apologies for the typos. This dialogue box does weird auto complete things, I can't just write on the page!

Also, please note, some of these products can't override the effect of a spicy or large or fatty dinner. Despite
sleepidrugs I'll be up on the loo or wide awake thinking. I can sleep better than usual on a small portion of dinner.

MareeB
5239 posts
I like 5htp but it sometimes gives me a headache the next day. Vit D helps me sleep and I just changed back to Swisse brand (they were out of stock last time) and slept way better last night and feel better today. Brand really does matter.
Sophia
203 posts
You must have an iron constitution Maree! I've seen packs of 5htp with dosage 150mg, seems like heaps!
Do you take it before bed or when?
I took Vit D high dose as prescribed by Dr a while back and I didn't notice sleep improvement, but I took it with breakfast. When do you take yours, and what dose?
I wanted to try 5htp during the day but would need to time it perfectly so it went in between meals as it's supposed to be taken on an empty stomach. Other than that the last thing to try is melatonin but I have sort of lost interest since finding a combo that mostly works.
MareeB
5239 posts
Hi Sophia I usually take the 5htp around teatime. I take the vit D a couple of hours before bed. Oddly, I had a sore spine for days then after two days of the high dose of vit d the back pain is gone. According to Dr Google, vit d deficiency is one of the primary causes of autoimmune disorders (like my Graves Disease). Whether that's right or not, it certainly makes  a huge difference to my health.
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh, and I take 5 x 1000iu per night. It's a lot but apparently that's ok temporarily if you have an autoimmune disorder or big deficiency. Some people get big doses by injection each month, particularly older folk. I live in the south and don't sunbathe in summer anymore, and I don't eat dairy products so I don't have any way of getting Vit D except supplementation. Drs can test for Vit D levels to see if you need it or not anyway.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks heaps for the recommendations hun.

I've heard of Kava but not as a supplement. Sounds interesting though. Where do you purchase from?
Sophia
203 posts
The kava I use is a brand called Vita-lalala-fit (intentionally spelled bad in case the name is not allowed!), From Healthpost. 
it's the best value for dosage. 

Maree, thanks for the info. Did you ever try 5htp on an empty stomach, before bed? 
MareeB
5239 posts
Yep, I usually only have it with green tea.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!