Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

When you think you see a BR babe

24 posts, 15 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
What do / would you do if you were out and about, and thought you recognised someone from BR, based off of one of their profile or Photo Wall pics? 

Would you go up and introduce yourself? Or do you just wonder quietly to yourself if it is actually them? 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I would probably just go up and ask. I'd be too curious not too lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I reckon it depends, for me. If you don't get along with them online there's not much point in saying hello. If they're clearly caught up with something and you'd be interrupting it it's probably not appropriate. But I wouldnt be averse to saying hi in theory. 

my biggest issue is that through work I meet so many ppl that I will often know a face and it takes me a moment to go through the mental list and match that face to a name and situation. 

case in point: i did a presentation a few weeks back and KNEW I knew one of the guys from somewhere. I hadn't taught with him, didn't go to school with him, and was narrowing it down to where the heck I knew him from. Thank god I didnt ask because it clicked on the way home that I knew him from TV ..,, he was on Survivor.   So I'd definitely try to be sure before I went up and said hi
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol that used to happen to me a lot when I worked in Wellington CBD. You'd recognise someone and then realise it was just a politician or a TV presenter. I had two cases last week where it was former students who are now well into their 20s. Always nice to bump into them though and it happens a lot when you've worked at the same school for more than 10 years
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah have def had a few kids pop up in the public eye as well! 

selling alcohol in west akl while I was at tcol meant  we got a steady stream of 'nzlebrities' too with South Pacific Studio out that way. And rugby players. So many rugby players. And musicians lol. 
AboutFace
412 posts
Silvene I would most likely ask them,  what have you got to lose. Though in my case I have kittens for my profile pic lol. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of reviewers who bumped into each other a while back.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've intentionally met a few BR girls ....

DEF said hello to them lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I once spotted someone in a crowded mall and thought to myself, "Oh, that's ... from Beauty Review." She was too far away to say hello to, so I carried on with my shopping, but if I'd seen her again and had been closer, I would have definitely introduced myself and said hello.

Then again, I've also seen someone else three times, in three different locations (all on different days), but it's not someone I would introduce myself to, as I've felt targeted and bullied by her on the forum on numerous occasions, and that's not the kind of person I'd make an effort to meet. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I was approached by a BR Babe in the very beginning. I was at a hockey game for my kids and I felt this arm loop through mine and said I know you, you're Mumof3Munchkins from BR. I was like omg how cool. At first I was trying to pinpoint who it was ha ha ha then realised who it was.

She did say to me awhile back that she wasnt sure if she should do it, but she wanted to meet me so just went for it. I'm so glad she did because she has now become a very close friend of mine. 

I havent met anyone else in person though, would love to but think I would probably be too shy and nervous to approach them lol.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Cute, mumof3

I'm sorry you've experienced that silvene. I thought the forum was very clear of that these days especially with moderation. Disappointing to learn it's still going on. We've had our disagreements but forum bullying is hard to deal with.... been there with some of the nastier ones from back in the day, and wouldn't wish it on anyone 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
That's sad to hear Silvene, I hate bullying of any kind, whether it be online or in person. As women we should be supporting one another not pulling one another down xx

I've also become extremely good friends with quite a few BR Babes, some that are sadly no longer part of BR and some that I've had to distance myself from due to all that drama from way back after they showed their true colours. I won't be part of any of that kind of behaviour.

I guess it's hard to guage what a person is like when you havent met them in person. I do however consider myself very lucky to be friends with who I am, you are all so amazing xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well the few br people ive met was on purpose so i did go up to them and say hello... lol. 

I saw a woman i knew from a fb group and i stopped and stared to make sure it was actually her, but didnt say anything, i couldnt be bothered lol.

I think, if i saw you gals in real life, id make a comment in the forum first and then go from there, make sure it was okay to approach in future
trudijoy
8375 posts
Possibly a good idea shaz ... or if you're virtual friends with them already there's that option too ... 'are you at xyz? Just saw you I think!' Kinda thing

im very very much in my own bubble when I'm out and about so I'd probably not notice anyone I didn't definitely know 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Pahahaha yes for bubbles, ive been inches away from people i knew at school and still havent seen them hahahaha

trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol well it's 22 years since I was in year 13 (well for like 2 months) so I genuinely would recognise half the girls anyway 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
If it is someone I enjoy chatting to on here and I saw them I would want to say hello :-) But I too am in my own world when I'm out and about so probably wouldn't even notice lol.
Susilia
484 posts
I wish I could meet some BR babes, but I live in the middle of nowhere, so no chance! :(
I’d be happy to be approached but I’m sure there are people who would freak out.

Once when I lived in Chch I saw someone from a Facebook group (lush addicts), I didn’t approach her, I messaged her the next day if she was out and about where I think I saw her and she said yes and that I should have said hello, yet a day or 2 later she unfriended me on Facebook, even though she was the one who added me in the first place ages before this. She might have been creeped out by me, lol! :D 
MissDilly
229 posts
I'm not sure I know anyone well enough on BR to approach them in person, but wouldn't be offended if someone said Hi! to me.   There's a girl at work, and I follow her Instagram, and she follows mine, and neither of us know what to say to one another - but we both know where we know each other from lol.  I'm generally quite shy until I get to know someone, so approaching someone I've only seen online is probably too far out of my comfort level. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's an interesting question. I haven't seen anyone in person but I have often wondered if I did see someone would I say anything? I'm kind of shy so I don't suppose I would approach anyone, however if it was like an arranged meet up with like a bunch of BR babes that would be cool and i'd come :)
MareeB
5241 posts
I did see Chickaboo who used to be on here a couple of times. One time was in Dunedin! I didn't have the courage to say anything though.
Kimrose
1416 posts
I wouldn't mind if someone thought they recognized me and approached me. Friendships are made in all sorts of ways, this could be the start of a wonderful friendship, you never know.
So, I hang out at ChChemist Warehouse St.lukes mon-fri  so if you see me feel free to say HI. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I was approached/reconised by a BR babe. No problem with people coming up to me and saying hello and chatting. Just if I don't recognize you please introduce yourself. If I think I recognize someone I go up to them and politely approach them and say hi. If there's time a short conversation. Always keen to meet new people with similiar interests.
Macs
5351 posts
The only person I have met is Kim Rose . I'd be happy to meet anyone else from BR. I haven't spotted anyone yet . If your in Howick NW pop in to say hi :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I haven't seen any BR babes around but I'd be happy to them if I did.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!