Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What's your hair type? Cool opportunity for someone!

22 posts, 19 members
First Lady
957 posts
Hey All,

We need one member to put a very cool new hair care range to the test - but here's the catch, you'll need to commit to taking photos and writing a brief daily diary about your experience.

Fancy a go?

Tell me your hair type to be considered!

xox
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I'll put my hand up - pics and a short daily paragraph are the easy part, the hardest part is trying to describe my hair.

'Complicated'

Currently it is about jaw length and half of it is natural in colour - although part of that (maybe 15%) is silver/grey.
The other half has been dyed, then striped, then dyed - although I think the last dye is out now, even permanent is washing out of the striped part.

then, there is the perm - 10 weeks old now, still kind of there, but I'm considering a re-do soon. So most of my hair is dry.

I get by with washing it twice a week, and spraying Anti frizz in daily, although when I wash it I also rub in a antifrizz cream.

I think I have it under control, but that is unlikely.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
oh my! is it striped, or stripped? to strip is the verb (like a burlesque dancer, but not)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'll always put my hand up for testing out hair care.
My hair is dark (coloured) with little blonde bits at the end.
It's a bit dry and damaged from bleach (which I have recently stopped doing), neither thick nor thin, long and straight with a little natural wave.

I agree Karen, the paragraphs and photos would be the easy part :p
trudijoy
8375 posts
my hair type is 'stressed' haha.

- just below shoulder length
- naturally grey - dyed dark brown every two weeks because it grows FAST
- heat styled most days esp in winter - dryer, straighteners, curler
- currently responding well to a mix of Lush Daddy-O shampoo and hydrating conditioners, but can be a bit grumpy. Tends towards dry
- super fine, as in so fine it can't really split
- baby fine 'wispies' around my temples.
- washed daily or it turns into a disgusting greasy mess.  I've tried 'no 'poo for a few' and it's not for me!

And now that works a bit calmer i can handle daily diaries and pics if needed.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Sure here goes
Hait type is stress aged grey roots with split ends and layered not often cut or treated hair. That is shoulder length. Straight with a slight wave fine but have lots of hair. My scalp is dry with some irritated area's and grease oily build up occurs often in the week. Not a lot of styling occurs and most days it adorns a messy bun type thing. Dye occurs at least, once per month which is where the treatment occurs.
shazatron101
5112 posts
hihihihhi

my hair is straight-ish, with a few natural kinks when its not styled and i have a cowlick. definitely a bit damaged, you cant go unicorn without a bit of wear and tear ;-) 
shampooed once a week so i don't know if i'm actually going to be good for this trial :P 
i am always willing to take photos and write a daily diary :D 

shazatron101
5112 posts
oh, Karen - i think its stripped - striped makes me think of tiger stripes or eg "the boys had striped sweaters" whereas stripped to me is "when i bleach my hair it is stripped of all color" lol 

gosh looking at that word is giving my brain a meltdown hahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hmmm ok sooo my hair is quite long, dyed dark. I tend to get frizzy hair and is becomes dry really easily. I wash it 2-3 times a week and get oily roots in between washes. It is naturally wavy so I blowdry and straighten after each wash.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   My hair is waist-length, fine and mostly straight but curly wisps around the temples and a bit at the ends. It's not dyed or chemically treated. I wash and blow dry it twice a week. I wear it in braids. 

I don't mind doing pics and keeping a diary of the results. 
MissQT
1547 posts
My hair is dry and damaged. I have long hair that is also thick.
trudijoy
8375 posts
To strip is to remove (colour, clothes, bedding etc). To stripe is to cause lines of a different colour. So removing colour from your hair is stripping, but adding highlights is a form of striping :)

Short vowels tend to go with double consonants, long vowels with single consonants when you're conjugating English verbs :)

This post sponsored by your friendly, local, multi-lingual spelling and grammar geek lol
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
One word.........untamed

I would soooo be up for this trial.  I am having a hard time loving my hair at this moment.  It has its great days where my curls are perfectly defined and it sits beautifully but days like today I am wearing a pompom hat to cover the frizz.  I am in the process of growing out the mohawk I had and let me tell you how many times I have just wanted to throw my hands in the air and give up (kinda got that song stuck in my head now 'wave your hands in the air and wave em like you just dont care' hehe).  Anyway it is damaged from colouring a lil while ago and dry at the tips.  It breaks when I run my fingers through it.  I have an oily scalp.  You name it I probably am experiencing it.  It's like a kinder surprise you just don't know what you're going to get.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Mine is coloured, dry and damaged! I've almost convinced myself I need to stop colouring my hair but I think I need good hair care products. I've just started using a hair mask and seeing results.
SandyGedge
394 posts
Mine is currently dyed. Oily and lifeless...help hahaha
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ummm my hair type? Awkward lol

Its really thick like horse hair and extremely dry too.  It's also quite sensitive which can be really annoying.

It's currently dyed chocolate brown but usually the top part of my head has heaps of grey and just looks really dull and lifeless.  

So if you have a miracle product for extremely frustrating hair, would love to put my hand up as I'm so over it lol.
Beauty88
29 posts
[color=#291b29]Curly and below shoulder length[/color]
Ringy
825 posts
My hair is coloured(chemicallydamaged but not too badly). It is quite long so a hassle to wash daily so I don't but it quickly gets really greasy and limp at the roots but dry and frizzy at the ends, giving me a pyramid type effect (I call it the boof) 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I would be happy to take daily photos and keep a hair journal.

- My hair is just past my shoulders in length. 
- It is fairly straight, but has a natural wave. I have a cowlick when I try to have a fringe!
- It is fine, but there is a lot of it.
- It is naturally light brown/dark blonde, but I lighten it to blonde.
- No grey hair yet, so no need for grey coverage.
- My hair is very dry. My scalp and roots are very dry. So I only wash my hair once a week.
- I do not heat style my hair, apart from using the hair dryer after I wash it. My hair takes a long time to dry.

Julieal
915 posts
My hair is coloured -dark brown ( covering grey) medium length and dry feeling. I have sensitive skin so scalp feels dry too.
triffid
151 posts
I have thick,heavy dark blonde hair with an annoying wave.I find I nee da good conditioner an dtreatment to make it shiny and well controlled.
JessB
219 posts
I'd be very interested and happy to trial hair care products and post daily pictures of the experience.  

My hair is dyed golden blonde with bits of lighter platnum (can see in recent photos), but currently I have slight regrowth. It's curly on good days, wavy on bad. It's very thick and unfortunately has been damaged through bleaching.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!