Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Whats your daily skincare/make up routine?

21 posts, 15 members
My friend recently started selling Younique products but she really has no clue about make up doesn't really wear it at all unless she's going out which got us wondering about others routines.

Do do you cleanse, tone, Moisturer, eye creams, etc day and night 
how do you apply your make up do you use a conceler then foundation, foundation then conceler or do you do your eyes first then foundation 

these were here just a few questions she had

(Is there a reason there is no Younique product reviews?) 

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I cleanse and moisturize everyday. I'm really slack with toner but I would do it between cleansing and moisturizing. When I use an eye cream I also apply that under the moisturizer.

Make up wise I do eyes first, concealer, foundation, brows, blush/bronzer/highlighter, setting powder, then lastly lips.

For make up I don't think order matters as long as it works for you. And with both skincare and make up my biggest recommendation would be to let each layer sit before applying another layer. However if she's selling and demonstrating products she may not have time to do this.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wash my face in the shower, then when I get out I use my handy dandy new spray toner thang (Essano), I use a hyaluronic acid serum, followed by an anti aging serum (won't be forever as it's a trial, unless I like the results ;-) ). Then I use Baobab oil, a chia seed oil and then I use a light weight moisturizer on top. 
I do the same at night (if I wash my face cos I'm naughty and don't do it at night!) but I change the moisturizer for a night cream and I use rosehip as well. 

As for makeup I go in the order of primer, foundation, concealer, powders, eyebrows, mascara, lips. If I feel like wearing a full face that is, and I add eyeshadow and liner if I'm feeling daring haha. If I'm doing a nice eye though I will do eyes first and then go in with foundation. But as clearascrystal said, whatever works for you works, this is just how I do things and what makes me feel comfortable :-D

MareeB
5244 posts
I always cleanse, moisturise, and serum/oil, and I use toner when I remember.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
In the morning I only wash my face with warm water (no cleanser) and then moisturise. I go have breakfast which gives the moisturiser time to sink in before I apply my make-up (I do foundation first, then conceal, powder, do eyes, cheeks, brows & lips).

At night, I double cleanse with an oil cleanser and then a foaming cleanser, use a serum and night cream. Once a week, I exfoliate and apply a face mask.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Every morning I use a cleansing foam, once a week I use and exfoliant scrub. I then moisturise and use a hydration serum.
Makeup, (if I'm wearing any) I apply it as follows, I moisturise. Let it dry. Prime. Foundation. Conceal and contour (I don't always contour). Bake or set. Eyes. Cheeks. Lips. I finish using a setting spray. 
At night I use a makeup remover. I then use a cleansing foam. Moisturise. Eye cream and occasionaly use a rosehip oil. Once a week I will do a face mask :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Every morning I cleanse tone moisterizer then go on with makeup
Night I use micellar cleanse,cleanser like a milk cleanser or exfoliate then tone,cream & face oil with both night and day seeing me put eye ceramide gel on my undereyes and every other night I'll do a face mask from sheet ,clay,mud or Mario Beduschea tightening mask
tannygirl
3392 posts
Wow Shaz that's four serums in the morning. I thought I was pretty extensive.

In the morning I splash water on my face, tone, apply eye serum, facial oil and use my Foreo Luna, these days I apply a lightweight moisturizer and then my Oasis Apple a Day. 

At night if I wore makeup that day I cleanse it off with either micellar water or makeup remover. I use micellar water to remove my eye makeup and then eye makeup remover to take off the remaining traces. Then I oil cleanse and use my Foreo Luna, wash off it off with a gel cleanser in the shower, sometimes I exfoliate in the shower with a chemical or manual exfoliator I usually leave it on till it's time to rinse off. Toner is next, followed by Antipodes Hosanna Serum, then facial oil and I use my Foreo Luna again. Then eye cream and lash and brow serums, if I have a pimple I apply a spot treatment. I let my face absorb the oil and then apply a night cream or overnight masque. 

Makeup I apply a facial primer unless I'm going to use BB cream. Then eye primer, eye shadow (unless I'm just going to do eyeliner, in that case I skip the eye primer and shadow), then eyeliner, eyebrows, foundation, face powder, bronzer and blush then lippy. And of course a spray of perfume finishes it off.
shazatron101
5112 posts
haha tannygirl yeah, maybe. I've been told its okay for my skin, and I don't always use both oils, but eh, my skin is in better condition for it so I'm not overly worried :-p
Rezee
1964 posts
I cleanse, toner, oil, moisteriser and eye cream in the morning. Night is cleanse, toner, serum, night cream and eye cream ?I do concealer after foundation. It's probably best if she looks into makeup more if she is trying to sell it! I know I'd definitely rather buy off someone who at least knew the basics and might be able to give me some advice on how to use things etc.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I exfolliate then moisturise in the morning then lightly exfolliate and apply a night balm before bed. I use a face mask once a week and also use coconut oil some nights. My make up is simple, moisturise, apply foundation then mascara. If i'm heading for a night out I will apply eye liner and shadow. I never wear lipstick.
idomakeupnz
150 posts
On an every day basis my skincare routine is as follows - 
AM:
Clease with a low pH gel OR micellar water.
Tone with a hydrating toner/mist.
Hyaluronic acid serum.
Light weight seaweed gel.
Chia seed emulsion/lotion.
PM:
Cleanse with a pH balanced foam.
Tone using a low pH toner.
Chemical exfoliant - BHA. *wait 30 mins
Chemical exfoliant - AHA. *wait 30 mins
Tone again using same cotton pad as earlier.
Hyaluronic acid serum.
Green tea serum.
Chia seed oil + rose hip oil mixed.
Sleeping pack.

Whenever I feel like I need it I will use a physical exfoliant (Lush Cup O' Coffee), this is a once or twice a week thing and usually in the morning.
I also add in face masks whenever I feel like my skin needs it. Sometimes I will use a pineapple enzyme mask directly after AHA to get the full benefits. Other times I alternate between clay masks, my favourite is the Queen Helene Mint Julep but I currently have some Lush ones in rotation. And as of late I have added in Korean sheet masks to my routine, these go either after cleansing or after chemical exfoliants.

I also have a whole hoard of skincare that I am working on adding into my routine. I add something and use it for 1-2 weeks before trying something else, this way I can see if it's working for me or if it's causing any reactions.

As for makeup, I tend to stick to the same routine always - 
Prime.
Eyebrows.
Eye makeup (top lid only).
Under eye concealer.
Foundation.
Eye makeup (lower lash line).
Mascara.
Contour/bronzer.
Blush.
Highlight.
Lips.
Finishing spray.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I really want to try Korean skincare but got to finish what I currently have stocked up which is alot of New Zealand products. I guess if I was using a plain oil I could probably mix a few different kinds together but most of my facial oils are mixed....and expensive so I feel like it should be doing the job of making my skin naturally without needing extra help from other products if anyone understands what I mean. I used to exfoliate a lot and actually my skin looks a bit better now that I stopped using skincare acids every other night and cut it down a bit. I do tend to exfoliate my skin more if I wear a full face of makeup though.
Macs
5351 posts
Mornings - Cleanse, Moisturise, Eye Cream, Radience Serum. 
Night - Cleanse, Tone, Night cream, Eye cream, Night Serum. 

Face Mask or Exfoliant once a week.

Make up: Primer, Foundation, Concealer, Eye liner, Eye Shadow, Brow product, High lighter, Blush, Bronzer, Mascara, Lipstick ,Make Up Setting Spray. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Is it just me that thinks it's weird that someone is selling makeup who has no clue about makeup?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Pifithrin, it's not just you, I think it's strange, too.  

Mainly because she had sensitive skin and was bullied a lot and is just starting to get used to being a bit more of a girly girl and has a friend doing the demos since she's just starting up.

i thought it would be a good thread for her to read up on what other people do daily.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey Stunning_simplicity, if you'd like Younique products added to BR feel free to request them here.

BR Nat's getting ready to load up the elves with requested products to add to the database, so now's a good time :) xo
Lisa-
79 posts
I just use micellar water to cleanse in the mornings and then apply moisturiser. At night I remove my makeup with Micellar water and then cleanse my face in the shower using my clarisonic. I use toner afterwards (when I remember lol) then apply rosehip oil & eye cream, then moisturise.

For my everyday work makeup I do the same thing every day. Primer, foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blush, masara, brow gel. If I have extra time in the mornings I will do my eyebrows properly & sometimes apply eyeliner/eyeshadow and then Lips last.
Thanks head pixie can't wait to see what new goodies have been added to the lists
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Stunning_simplicity there are several more very similar threads if you have a quick search. Hopefully that will help her out.

That said, skincare and makeup is very personal and often different for everyone.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!