Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What's your biggest beauty splurge?

25 posts, 15 members
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
What's your biggest beauty splurge? That thing you want but don't need.
Mine would be either my Calvin Klein perfume or my Chanel lipstick. But only because I classify good quality straighteners as essential.
MareeB
5239 posts
Lush. And I love perfumes...
Kimrose
1412 posts
Maree, I see you at a meeting, hello my name is Maree and I am a lush addict! 

I do agree that good straightnres are a must have, but my weakness is fragrances.  I have more than enough but just cant help myself!!
Rezee
1964 posts
This year? I am eagerly waiting on my beautylish order which has my it cosmetics jumbo brush in it. Do I need it? Nope. Have I been wanting it for so long? Heck yes!
I'm laybying some ghds for my bday this year. I've always owned Remington ones which have worked well but hey, you're only 30 once right.
Macs
5351 posts
This year it is Lush. Just under $100. Im looking at Morphe pallette 350 and Jefree Star . I almost made an order on Beauty Bliss but didn't go through with it. Im gonna hold out for this Beauty Box. I hope theres eye shadow in there. Im starting to hit pans. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I feel like Lush and fragrances are very moreish things. Though I do rather like a large collection of eyeshadows.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I normally binge shop, spend lots at once and then nothing for a while. My Lush  and L'occitane boxing day binges were about $100 each, my last Nordstrom order was about $150. Otherwise it is perfume that gets my money since I normally get a couple at once so not much change in $200 but one bottle is normally for my brother.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Mine is most definitely Lush.  I have soooo much that I had to buy spesh drawers for it all.  It doesn't mean I stop buying it though lol I still do orders every other week.  Besides that I love lipstick and despite my over 80 collection I still don't have enough.
astylecollector
204 posts
Perfumes and lipstick for me. I got the Karen Walker A perfume recently and it smells amazing. I haven't actually bought lipstick in a while but I just love them. I usually buy one limited edition MAC lipstick if I get sucked into the packaging. Haha
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Skincare for me. I also like to treat myself to beauty products when I'm overseas and see brands we can't get in New Zealand. My skincare cupboard has gotten out of hand!
pintsize
1072 posts
Currently mine is Lush too, I dare say I have a problem and hubby might be planning an intervention lol
Before Lush though it was perfume so I guess I am all about the smelly stuff :p
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap, Lush for me as well. I'm not even going to say how much but it did involve dipping into my savings which I almost never do for stuff like that!

Probably my biggest splurge was in Korea where I was buying beauty products nearly every day for ten days. But it was a free trip I was still essentially 'saving' money lol. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Maybe we need to join LA (Lush Anonymous)!!!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
There is a Lush Addicts Facebook group, Mareebros, but all we do is enable each other. I'm looking at you, mumof3!!!!!
MareeB
5239 posts
I won't look at it then worldofsooziewong!!!! I need no further encouragement....
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ooooh don't apologise Amandajane! I read last night that he's making a comeback. Again lol. 

I looooooove Comforter Macs. Have you smelt Rose Jam?
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah Ive got Rose jam and its ok. But its not me :/ Theres one I do like Santas Jelly. Smells amazing.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hmmm, maybe you are more fruity than floral, Macs. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I've just done a beautylish order so thankful for part payments and even ha has busted me but I know its worth it, the total will be the largest splurge I've done on one purchase. I've been ery lucky with my purchases thru friends etc but I'd say yup when converting from usd to nzd that's what hurts but needs must.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Speaking of beautylish, I just went for a nosey and I saw Too Faced isn't on there anymore!? WHAT!?!??

Oh wait yes they are. They're just not on the drop down 'Brands' tab. Oh my heart. hahahaha
Rezee
1964 posts
Do you like tropical scents, Macs? The yuzu and whatever it is smells really good.  I'm enjoying the Santa's belly too but I'm not sure about the jelly, I'd prefer a gel!
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah I love santa wish it was in gel form. I do like tropical.  Waves to keri Can't wait to see that haul. I been stalking Beautylish for anatasia self made but dont think its there now. Im going to do a viewing of the smashbox double exposure and Too Faced palletes. Since I didnt get any birthday present might treat myself to one. What to do lol 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Pretty much all my beauty purchases now are things I dont need.. but want! I haven't really splurged on any item recently.. but am waiting for beautylish to stock the bar of gold highlighter from CT. Il be splurging on that for sure
tannygirl
3392 posts
When something is going to cost me quite a bit of money out of pocket then I definitely have to think before I spend. My most expensive beauty purchases to date would have to be equipment I don't know if it was my Instyler that I bought when it first came out or the Foreo Luna I bought last year since they were both over 250 NZD but each one was my splurge of the year. That being said I use my Foreo Luna twice a day almost every day and the Instyler I did use quite often but due to having no space atm it's in boxed storage. Although that will change when I get more space for my stuff in a couple months. I don't regret either of those purchases. Makeup wise it would have to be my Hourglass Edit Palette, it's the first really expensive, name brand palette I've bought.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I looked at getting the instyler but I heard really mixed things about it. My next splurge will probably be skincare.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!