Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What's Some of the Best GWPs You've Scored?

16 posts, 5 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I try to save money and put off buying things. But one of the most persuasive things invented to sell products and yes, even products we don't need or wouldn't otherwise buy or buy at that point in time consists of three words - Gift With Purchase!

I have come across some incredible GWPs, it's hard to name the best one but I love the ones that include a fullsized product I wanted (or several :-p) or the equivalent of a subscription box.  It's hard to name the best one I have come across over the years and many, many beauty purchases I've made but here are a few of the stand outs. I'll probably remember more later.

That time many years ago when I booked a $20 Trilogy facial at Farmers Westfield that was redeemable on products on the day. I loved the pampering and afterwards they had the rosehip oil with a sample tube of moisturizer, plus a special where if you bought two products you got a free toner.....Westfield was having that thing where if you got enough stamps on a card you could exchange it for a free travel sized Ecoya candle. So I ended up getting a free candle, toner, facial and mini moisturizer for around 60 bucks, which was sooo needed.

Last year when Best Beauty Box Ever was doing the Top Rated 2 box and it kept getting delayed till there was the incredible GWP of It's All About You 2 with all the delayed orders. Gosh, that was an ahhhmazing GWP!

Also loved the stocking stuffers last year. Loved the cruelty free one that I chose to get with the Cruelty Free box. That box was awesome.

So what were some stand out GWPs that you have come across?
MareeB
5242 posts
I just bought a Moisture Mist brightening CC cream and got one free. That's awesome because I like it but it's pricey for a CC cream, so 2 for $40 - yahoo!
tabucutie
1811 posts
One that comes to mind is when I bought the BBBE Thanks For...box and got the BBBE You won't believe it's hair box free. I was so stoked, love those delas when you can justify the spend because you are getting more than your moneys worth.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I agree Tabi, I was utterly grateful for those delays.  

Another GWP that was so stoked to score was earlier this year around Valentine's Day Sephora was doing a GWP of a box full of minis and one fullsized product if you spent about 180 bucks. Either the Makeup Junkie or Skincare Lovers box.

Luckily I had my eye on the Zoeva Rose Gold Volume 1 set and the Fenty Baby Bomb set which totalled the ammount to reach the threshold to qualify and I scored the Makeup Junkie Box. I got everything the same except I didn't get the Burberry primer. I would've gone for the Skincare Lovers the following week but I was strapped for cash and it sold out pretty quick. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Last year around Black Friday on the official Origins website they were doing a 25% off  + a special where if you spent a certain ammount you got 12 deluxe minis package. I really had my eye on the spf eye cream so it worked out wonderfully. Well, one of the minis, a toner had a high alcohol content and couldn't be shipped here so the team at Youshop had to bin it but other than that I got the equivalent of a 12 days of Christmas calendar. Pic is on the photowall.
tabucutie
1811 posts
That is awesome. Mini things are so cute, seems very worthwhile to me and a great way to try other products. I don't really shop at department stores or chemists so never get the little freebies. Maybe I should in future. I'm looking forward to the Mecca opening in Queen Street, i'd like to have a look around in there.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Yes. Oh another one was earlier this year when Farmers was having a deal where you bought two of certain luxury products and you got a 5-6 piece GWP of deluxe minis from luxury brands. I was already planning to buy some Mac Fix+ since I wanted to see how it was as a setting spray and also that fancy thing you see when people spritz their brush and foil their eyeshadows, I wanted that to be me.

Luckily Mac Fix+ was one of the products so I bought a couple bottles to qualify, plus I timed my purchase to when they were having double points on beauty so I got like 160 points. 

The giftset was a deluxe minis of the Estee Lauder Mascara, as well as decent sized sample pot of EL eyecream, Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Concentrate, Bobbi Brown moisturizer, a sample perfume mini of Jo Malone cologne and a lipstick card with samples of 3 Mac lipsticks. 

It was an excellent GWP. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
personally I'm a bit over GWPs because they tend to be things that don't strictly suit me, BUT when it's something you can choose, like with Sephora points etc then that's pretty cool :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I agree Trudi, if the GWP isn't something I'm going to use or almost all items I'm going to use I don't bother going for it.

Another one I really liked was when Farmers had a deal where if you spent 50 bucks on Mac lipstick you got a full-sized free lipstick from the two options they had. I already had my eye on one of their Mac Liptensity lipsticks but was waiting till there was a good deal to get it. I needed more corally shades in my collection so See Sheer was right up my alley. I ended up getting two Mac lipsticks for 35 bucks since I used a Farmer's gift card which was a really good deal. 
Macs
5351 posts
The only gift with purchase I got was the free Beauty Box. I can’t think of nothing else that came close to that yet.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Scored a Hask Dry Shampoo as GWP for buying over $20 of Hask products.(Farmers) It worked out well as I wanted to try more of the Shampoo and Conditioner from the brand. Gutted to notice that "Hask" has been removed from the site recently. Maybe it will come back.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Natio often has some really good GWPs from time to time. I really like the spf 15 handcream and I wait till they have a really good GWP and then I stock up. Last time I stocked up I got a fullsized cleanser, toner, moisturizer and spf 15 handcream in a nice bag as a GWP.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Tannygirl that GWP sounds awesome!  I definitely enjoyed my little shopping trip to Farmers yesterday. I never shop there but love getting free stuff with stuff i'm buying anyway. I think I will shop there more often. Especially if there are some good deals going.
tannygirl
3392 posts
       Tabucutie, Farmers did go through a stage I think last year when they took away points system for the regular NZ and none premium beauty brands. I still bought my Natio handcream from them because even though I wasn't getting points, sadly, the GWP was still the best value for my spending. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I have Farmers Club card or whatever it is called. I have 75 points. Though I don't know what that means as I don't follow the points system nor do I really care for it. Im just happy to get a free item. Actually, i'll google the points system out of curiosity.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I bought some Clinique products yesterday and I got a bag of deluxe sized skincare and makeup items - cleanser, Take the Day off eyemakeup remover, Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate, Smart Night Custom-Repair Moisturizer, a mini neutral eyeshadow trio with three of their eyeshadows from their eye singles range, High Impact Mascara and a fullsized Clinique Pop lipstick in Plum Pop and a voucher for $5 off my next Clinique purchase. The value is supposedly over 180.  I had a Life Pharmacy reward so that helped too.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!