Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What's a blending brush

12 posts, 11 members
ok so please forgive me I thought A makeup brush was for putting on make up then I realised just how many brushes are out there. 

Sowhat is a difference between a blending brush and a makeup brush for example for eye shadows ? What's your favourite blending brushes for your eye shadows? Help!

This maybe a good article for someone or beauty review to do on all the differtsize,shape,uses for he different brushes. 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
http://www.beautyreview.co.nz/article/demystifying-make-up-brushes this article is a good starting point, although it doesn't have a 'blending' brush per se.
Depending on what I'm blending, I basically use a bigger, fluffier brush than what I used to apply what needs to be blended.
JessB
219 posts
I have a flat small eyeshadow brush that has a outward-curved head to apply eyeshadow and then the Artiste fluffy eyeshadow brush (here) for blending.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   If you're after eyeshadow brushes the Real Techniques Starter Set is a good start. A blending brush is pretty much a fluffier eyeshadow brush for blending out your eyeshadows if you apply more than one color on your lid. I don't really have a set blending brush but any fluffy eyeshadow brush that you haven't used to apply one of the eyeshadow colors to your lid will do.
  When I do my eyeshadow I find it easiest to apply my light shades first before the darker shades so I can reuse the brush if it's shaped right for where I want to apply that eyeshadow color. And then I just have one clean fluffier eyeshadow brush set aside for blending those shades out. I hope this was helpful.
Thanks ladies I hadn't realised how many different brushes there are but was watching a video that kept going on about her blending brush and I was like what I just use 1 brush I must have been living under a rock 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I have an e.l.f. Blending brush that I bought from Kmart a couple of years ago and it's fantastic. It doesn't shed and it blends wonderfully. 
Macs
5351 posts
I hear the Mac 217 blending brush is really good. I've got it on my wish list to buy.
Julieal
915 posts
I am another person who didn't realise how many brushes out there -very confusing - I suppose try one and if it works for your makeup don't worry about any more?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mac 217 is great. I've had mine about 12 years now. I've used it nearly every day during that time. I haven't looked after it that well but it's still going strong. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I agree with Mac 217. It's super expensive but worth the money. If you're going overseas I'd recommend getting it there. I don't wear eyeshadows often but I find this brush really easy to use and it blends shadows really well. The real techniques one is also good but it's not as fluffy and mine was a bit scratchy (think I got a dud one though).
I slowly acquired the set of brushes from the Body Shop.  They're expensive, but they're good - and the best bit is they have their names on them, e.g. eyeshadow blender, so you know what to use for what!  The only one I didn't like was their concealer brush - I ended up buying a different brand as it was too small. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'd second the RT and e.l.f brushes. Although my RT stippling brush fell apart randomly :/

i tend to use shadow blending brushes less often because i prefer bolder lines with my shadow, but if i use it it's to blend on the upper crease or lid. I also have a couple of bigger headed ones that i use for highlighter.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!