Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Perfumes Would You Re-Purchase?

32 posts, 18 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I was just writing a review about a perfume I've just about finished - and while I like it, it's unlikely I'd repurchase it when there are new exciting perfumes to try.

So it got me to wondering: do you always buy the same perfumes or different ones each time?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I’m always being seduced by the mini roller ball perfumes in Mecca so I usually just buy something new. Also because the perfumes in there are sooooooo expensive, I’ve yet to justify buying a full size one. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I used to buy the same perfume for about 10 years then oneday someone told me it smelt like a musty cupboard bhahahaha so I have been experimenting with different perfumes, I like buying minis the best. The last full size I purchased was Prada Candy which I love and would purchase again.
Susilia
484 posts
I have a lot of different perfumes for different occasions, work ones, special dates, light summer scents, heavier scents for winter.

I don’t think I’ve ever repurchased a perfume in my life, it always gets replaced by something else.

I always wondered how some people can have just one perfume for everything and that’s their signature scent. It’s just not me. I’d find it boring.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Haha, I tried finding a signature scent but nothing stuck and I liked several about the same.
SarahAmy
3 posts
I have about 7 or 8 perfumes on the go at the moment, and I honestly don't know how many I would repurchase, it's hard because I want to keep trying out new ones, but if I can't test it beforehand, I won't bother even thinking about it.

The Beyoncé Heat and Britney Spears Fantasy versions I would because they're inexpensive and easy enough to wear daily. However, my Black Opium is so expensive I couldn't justify buying another one (not right now anyway) and my Red Door... I don't even know if I really love it as much as I thought! 

I really liked Lisa-Lou's idea of purchasing minis! Such a good plan! Not such a big outlay and when you get bored you can switch or you can buy a full sized one if you love it!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have a LOT of perfume atm, after last years trip to Hawaii. I always intended to buy some over there, having exhausted my Victoria’s Secret Bombshell (which I have rebought a lot - half the time I just buy the mist.)

Victoria’s Secret at Alamoana and on Kalakaua both had rad deals on and double ended rollerballs were 3/$21 $USD - about $30 NZ. So I got one that is  Very Sexy Now in Wild Palm and Beach, one that is Wicked and Crush, one that is Bombshell and Bombshell Seduction, a full size rollerball  of the original Victoria’s Secret scent and a Bamboo Coast Body Mist. 

Before that, I had already bought a Macaron Rose perfume in Urban Outfitters.

Got home and realised I had a Body Shop raspberry perfume I forgot about that I got for like $8 on the GC at Pacific Fair, and a Pure Fiji Rollerball I thought I lost reappeared.

needless to say I don’t plan on buying perfume this year lol

if I had to claim a signature i would probably say VS Bombshell.... if I ever win the lotto though I’m in love with, but can’t justify, Chanel Chance eau Tendre.

My Mum and I have quite similar taste in perfume; I got her Versace Bright Crystal at xmas
Sophia
203 posts
I've bought good ol' Green Tea a couple of times. You don't need much and it sticks around so is pretty good value. It,'s not what I'd call an amazing scent but it's nice and fresh. Another I haven't bought yet but will, is Green Tea Exotic, it's a tad more floral and less citrus.

For a while I had a favourite, Chloe Narcisse, but my husband got sick of it and then 'we' started trying other mutually agreeable scents.

I've spotted a new one in the Warehouse range - Gucci Bamboo. That would be my new favourite when I can justify it, a bit out of my normal price range.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sophia try My Chemist Warehouse for Bamboo - Mum got hers there for a great price :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I would definitely repurchase my fave DKNY Be Delicious Blossom it's my signature scent. I also like the DKNY Be Delicious and would repurchase that one. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I just purchased the Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Crush body mist.  Can't wait to smell it. Has a lot of great reviews apart from the staying power, but it is a body mist so yeah. Just finished off my Pure Fiji body mist in Guava which I loved!
Macs
5351 posts
I have Juicy Cotoure Rose , Juicy Origional , I <3 Juicy , Lady Million all on the go at the moment . Vera Wang Princess Rollerball set of three versions .I’ve repurchased all of the Juicy 3 times . I always get comments for how I smell great. This year  I would love to try out some new scents . 

I haven’t found my signature scent yet. 
lifeissupa
35 posts
Revlon fire and ice in the red box. This is my go to all the time, never without it lol. Oldie but a goodie. Everyone always comments how yummy it smells.
Also love and smells devine is John Paul gaultier Le male. Seriously I no its a mens but it smells so good on me. You would not no it was a males perfume that I'm wearing. And well the comments from males and females they love it. 
After reading the post I now want to go and check what everyone's favourites see whatwhat they all smell like. 
SandieNZ
424 posts
I struggle to find perfumes that sit
well on my skin. My current faves are Black opium and Flowerbomb. I took a huge chance and ordered Hugo Boss The Scent For her and love it!!
MareeB
5244 posts
I like to stick to my favs. I love Opium, Beautiful and Giorgio. I love Chanel no 5 but I haven't had any in years.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I really love Black Opium but it it's more of an evening date night or party perfume so I don't wear it enough so can't justify repurchasing it. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
My favourite that I have repurchased a couple of times now is.. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy. I have been trying out new scents this year in samples/mini as I won't buy a full size in case I don't like it. Scent is one of those things though and I find I am quite picky. I have also discovered while trying new scents that I recognise the scent from a memory which is quite odd.

I really want YSL Black Opium Floral Shock but still haven't purchased yet.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I really like Gucci Flora it's a EDT but lasts a surprisingly long time on me and is a beautiful every day scent so I'd repurchase it.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I have many perfumes also. But the only 1 that I have repurchased is the Nicki Minaj Onika. I've bought 2 myself and have been gifted 2. I think that would have to be my signature scent :)
MareeB
5244 posts
The Nicki Minaj bottle is very cool, but I've never tried the perfume.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
It has a floral fruity scent. I always decant it into a atomizer for my purse because the bottle is quite big especially her head being the lid lol. 

SmileyPisces
253 posts
I use to waste a lot of money on perfume bottles i never end up finishing, and like many others, i struggle to find the light but sweet scent i like. I just don’t end up using the same perfume scent for long. So now, i prefer to try small tester sizes or rollerball pens.

tannygirl
3392 posts
   I have a lot of perfume minis that collected a couple years back when I was crazy for fragrance and then I mostly use my full size ones these days because I'm trying to finish up a couple of fragrances that I like reasonably well but aren't ones I would repurchase. One of them is limited edition so even if I wanted to I can't repurchase it. I'm mainly trying to use them up because they're in my makeup drawer and I want that space for more makeup that I'm going to buy which I know I'll use a few times and then forget about, lol. Not the goal but what happens sadly. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I also have Armani Si in a rollerball which, honestly I liked it so much I've worn it on dates. It's smells sophisticated and polished and has good lasting power but it's not so strong or heavy that it would be allocated as an evening perfume, at least not in my opinion. 
I have 4 favourite fragrances that I rotate wearing over the week.  I'd say they would all be my signature perfumes  lol  I think perfume should be worn every day, even if you are having lazy day with no plans.
MareeB
5244 posts
Me too Whittakers-lover. Perfume makes me feel good.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lifeissupa, that’s funny as my grandma gave me a bottle of Fire and Ice in the 90s and I loved it! I actually saw a bottle of it the other day and gave it a sniff for the memories. I also used to wear the men’s JPG back then too. The women’s one would have been my signature scent back then and I once won a set with both of them in. I used to love collecting the bottles and gift sets and some of the bottles have never been opened. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I resisted a new rollerball in mecca yesterday. I’m almost out of my favourite, Replicas Beach Walk so I might just have to suck it up and get the full size. It’s one of the only perfumes that lasts on me all day. Mecca now stock the matching candles for over $100 each!!!!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My signature scent for special occasions is Kenzo Amour in the pink bottle (I think I’m on my 3rd bottle).  My ‘every day’ perfume is Calvin Klein’s Down Town, and my winter perfume is Dior’s Hypnotic Poison (hubby gave me a new bottle for Christmas).

It took me years to find perfumes that didn’t trigger my allergies and that I really liked.  I also have 3 of those little refillable travel perfume spray bullets (I can’t remember what they’re called), so I’m able to decant and pop whichever one in a handbag. 
Sussy
5 posts
I really like Pink Love perfume. I constantly buy them.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy is my all time fav. Really enjoyed Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfect for summer. Gucci Rush. Rhianna Nude! Givenchy Ange ou Demon. Gucci Guilty Black.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Have tried a couple more. To add to my list: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold and Britney Spears Fantasy. Also purchased the YSL perfume I have been after for a few years, I hope it smells as good as I remember.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!