Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Makeup Did You Completely Use Up in 2019? How Many?

16 posts, 12 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I used up 15 items completely (including mini mascara)! There a pic on the photowall of 12 of them. 
- 1 eyeshadow
- 2 setting sprays, 1 fullsized and 1 travelsized 
- 1 full-size loose powder
- 1 full-sized lipstick
- 1 deluxe sized lipgloss
- 2 mini eyeliners
- 1 2-in1 brow pencil and gel
- 1 eye primer stick
- 1 concealer
- 2 full-sized primers/CC color color corrector
- 2 mini mascaras

tannygirl
3392 posts
  It's the first time I've ever used up a full-sized lipstick or a lipgloss so I'm really happy. The setting sprays and loose powder were the only ones I had so that figures. It was also nice to get some of the items that were the first in my collection out like the primer, concealer and eye primer. So were there any items that you completely used up in 2019? And would you repurchase any of them?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ummm, a year is a long time to try to remember what I used up but I'll give it a go ha ha ha.

I know I used up a few Eco Tan products - 3 Glory Oils, 3 Acai Exfoliators, 2 Super Fruit Hydrators, 1 Toner Mist, and 1 Himalayan Scrub, so that's 10 products from that brand lol alone.

A few lip balms

A few BB/CC Creams - mainly Garnier, ZA (which has since been discontinued wahhh), couple of Korean brands.

A few Primers - The Ordinary, Essence, couple of Korean brands

A few Coffee Scrubs - Personally made by myself, a few made by a friend

Lots of Shampoos and Conditioners but all were different brands so too many to list.

Thats all I can think of at this stageother but there were items I nearly finished but didn't quite make the cut off. That is where my New Year's resolution comes in he he he.

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I don't keep track of what I use or keep empties - as soon as I use something up, it's out of here! Im making a conscious effort to use up whatever's open and only buy something if I have no back ups. I know I've used up tinted moisturiser, powder, eyeshadow crayons, mini mascaras, eyebrow pencils etc. Lipstick is something I always manage to acquire without actually buying and it never seems to get used up. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I love mini lippies too Soozie I have more mini lippies than fullsized ones. 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
That's amazing tannygirl... for me i only used up a few mineral powders and bb creams. Make up tends to last me a long time... but finished tubes and tubes of lip balm as i can not live a day without putting on any lip balm hahahaha =D
Kimrose
1419 posts
Such a great thread, however I can't remember exactly what I finished up last year. This year I will be keeping a record of what I finish.  I always have a weird sense of accomplishment when I finish a product. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i couldn't tell you what i used up last week, let alone last year lol.

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hmmmm my memory is so bad! I know I used up an eye of horus mascara, a rimmel foundation, a nyx bb cream. The only makeup I generally get through is foundation/BB cream/mascara.
I never finish nail polish or eyeliner. For me things probably expire rather than get empty. 
Roseanne
3 posts
As far as I can remember, I only finished two makeup products in 2019 and they were a Colourpop brow gel and lipgloss. I'm going to try and finish more products I have this year except foundation, because I dont think I should go to an effort to wear foundation just for the purpose of finishing it.
I always gravitate towards certain products or shades over and over again. I end up neglecting the rest of my collection even though I love creating different looks and wearing colour,  mostly because I end up not having enough time when I actually want to wear it out!

MareeB
5244 posts
Trilogy oil. And mostly serums and oils. Most other things get thrown out before I've finished them.
Jessicaparkin
13 posts
A living nature lipstick and a Clinique mascara. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Same as me Jessica. :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Agree lilmonmon. I find it easier to use skin and haircare than makeup. I'm actively working towards using up some nail polishes I have had for years before they go bad. I think I'm 2 down already yay.
Emily-jane
314 posts
Mainly moisturizers as I use it everyday. I find it easier to use up skincare and hair care products. Make up lasts me a very long time so I definitely prefer mini versions. I have used a few smaller size hourglass primers up but can't recall anything else. I need better will power to use thing up before buying and opening something else.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I feel super cluttered with the amount of stuff I have beauty and non beauty so think I'll be doing a declutter this weekend. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!