Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

what is there the most of in your backup stash?

27 posts, 23 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
most of us have things in the cupboard waiting their turn...what do you have the most of?

For me, it's probably soap. I only use soap in the shower to wash my hands before washing my face, and wash them at the end of the shower, so it lasts ages, but I have to have it.

I have 2 Lush backups waiting (Godmother and Reindeer Rock), the Camille Co one from the vault, a handmade one I was given as a conference presenters gift in Nelson, a Malin and Goetz one, and about a kajillion wee hotel soaps, the pick of which is probably the Crabtree and Evelyn one from the hotel in Melbourne.

Next in line after that is my back up stash of in Your Face cleanser, and after THAT, probably lotion
RamblingRose
1280 posts
For me, it's the two things that take forever to use up ... blush & brow pencils.  I have 3 blushes in my backup bag (one cream, one stain and a powder) and two brow pencils. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
none of my blush is in backup stash, it' all open (!) and probably the thing I have the most of on the go right now, because I have a bunch of Benefit minis (6 or 7, oops), my 'main' blush, which is my TooFaced one, the ZA one from one of the BRBBs, the Australis one I travel with (various shades of pink in the one compact; makes life easy) etc etc etc
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I think it's Foaming Facial Cleansers - there are at least 4 at home... sitting waiting for the current one to run out.
I have 3 Za liquid eyeliners (one of which is on the go, and I plan to dispose of it at the end of the month - finished or not).
While I also have a lot of hand creams, they are all opened & 'on the go' depending on where they are located. I have two at work, one in the lounge, one by the bed and at least one in my beauty cubby. And then I have a collection of body moisturisers too.
Sometimes, when I'm feeling generous, I'll pass products onto my daughter.

trudijoy
8375 posts
i do the same with passing things on Karen - not to my daughter (i don't have one) but to my Mum or sister in law or friends. Probably eventually my niece too, she's 20 months right now and when I was up for Dad's funeral she was fascinated with my makeup and took to carrying around one of my brushes and dabbing her face with it
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Mine is skincare, facial cleansers etc, and nail polish! So many unopened lol
Macs
5351 posts
In my stash theres two lush soaps sultana and reindeer. I have two loreal laser night and day peel creams, two mascaras Za and Maybelline unopened. Tailor dry cleanse is waitjng after I finish my current cleansers.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Usually some form of skincare, black eyeliners and lip balms. I need to get some more lip balms for the first time in a while and I have a surprising stack of body lotions.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Brow pencils and foundation! I have 3 of each unopened...I guess it makes sense because they're the two things I'd most hate to run out of and have to leave the house without! Not to mention the 4 of each I currently have open....
Definitely skincare, powder(I go through this fast enough for it to be justified!), hand cream, mascara and right now, foundation.

I don't exactly have any perfume backups. I know some people do but I have some that are too hard to get a hold of to have backups of them.
megj82
shampoo and conditioner! can't turn down a deal haha 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lip balm... so many. I think I have 6 next to my bed alone, along with 2 at my makeup station, about 10 in the living room and 2 in my handbag... maybe 3 hahahaha. And handcream. I also have 5 mascaras and 2 mini mascaras. And shampoo and conditioner, as I don't wash my hair often so it's taking me quite a while to get through them hahahaha
MareeB
5242 posts
Lipbalms for me too Shaz, I have hundreds!I l also have a lot shampoos, conditioners and hand creams. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
The stockpile I created for myself just doesn't seem to move on bodywash/soap, moisturiser and face masks. On the bright side I don't need to buy any more of these at present.
Lutece
1849 posts
Ohhh you have a backup of Reindeer!! I LOVE that soap!
I have far too much of everything but I would say the majority is cleansers and soaps, others are bits and pieces, its amazing how much is accumulated when you buy things because theyre on special hehe, I dont know whats worse my chocolate stash or my beauty stash lol <3
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yep Shaz hooked me up with an epic raok surprise earlier this year <3
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm currently using up my stashes I do have a fee back ups of mascara, lipstick &lipgloss; I'm now using up my foundation back ups I spose I have a fee btoner back ups too but I want to Depot them so I use them more. I'm saving my full size tarte mascaras of which I've had almost a year brand new & have been using up the deluxe sized ones
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I did have back up of masks,cleases, toners & skincare but I'm now using those up so I can't repurchase my favorites
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I do have backup for cleanser, hand cream, day and night cream like mostly skin care. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm not usually one for backups. Especially because lately I've been trying to use products up. But I do have two spare body butters. Why I don't know because I hardly ever use them. And I also have another shampoo and conditioner waiting to be used... But I don't feel so bad for that one because it is OGX that I bought quite cheaply over in Aussie.
MissQT
1547 posts
I seem to be collecting primers at the moment. I never used a primer until I came onto BR hehe.
Ringy
825 posts
Lush soap is my biggest stash, I think there could be about 10 located located in various cupboards at the moment. I have at least one back up of all skincare products - moisturisers, cleaners, exfoliators etc. Makeup I don't really stash.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I am like a lot of you with the Lush back up stash.  Although it's not so much a backup as it is a collection.  I don't use them I just have them in a cool jar and on my bath wooden thing that goes across it to look purdy.  The ones I love I buy two of so I can use them but mostly I use them to wash my hands cause they make my skin hate on me.  Other than that I have sooooo many bath bombs only cause I love how they look on my bathroom cabinet.  I do use them but not often enough.
MrsRosie
214 posts
So I was going to say I dont currently have a backup of anything, until the courier just delivered 2 x fake tans I ordered so I guess thats my current back up. I also make sure I have a spare mascara, but thats as far as it goes for me.
I normally replace items just before they run out as opposed to having a heap of items hanging around my cupboards.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Body care wise it's body moisturizers (lotions, creams, body oils, butters). Not too bad considering they're easy to pan off since I always moisturize after I shower or have a bath.

Skincare wise it's masque sachets. I don't feel bad about those considering I only get one use  out of sheet masks and about three-four out of the regular masque sachets. Next to that would be my Oasis Apple a Day which I use a good healthy dose of daily.

Make up wise the only thing I have back ups for are liquid liners (thanks to a gwp and two of the BEBB I bought). I wear liquid eyeliner with every makeup look and it does need to be tossed after three to four months so it's not bad to have back ups.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Skincare - mainly moisturisers. Also mascaras, I have about five unopened I think
charly
456 posts
I'm the worst with moisturiser because I find it takes me a long time to get through a tube of it.  If you overdo it you just end up oily, so no being 'generous' in my usage.  But then other lovely moisturisers come into my life and I end up with a fair backlog. 

Though to be fair I have multiple backups of everything except hand cream and mascara (the two things I use up or replace regularly).  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!