Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Has Got You Ooohing and Ahhhing But Not Yet Justifying?

33 posts, 14 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
     We all have that thing we really want but we just can't justify the price or buying another one to add to our growing collection. I have been really wanting but I just can't justify getting
the Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes palette. It's a bit pricey and I just recently coughed up heaps of money for 18 eyeshadows from Makeup Geek to use as transition shades. But everytime I see the palette I get heart eyes.

I also really want the Sweetiepie Radiant Bronzer since it looked so gorgeous and glowy on my face but I know I don't need another bronzer since I'm already playing tetris trying to fit all almost all my palettes, eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers and highlighters in my top dresser drawer. 

So which items are calling your name and you have heart eyes for but just can't justify, at least not for a few months?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I recently bought the mini rollerball of a Maison Margiela perfume from Mecca. It's called Beach Walk and I love it! I'd love the full sized bottle but it's not cheap. However, it is one of the very few perfumes I can still smell on myself at the end of the day - I put it on today, twelve hours ago and can still smell it. When I try Jo Malone perfumes on in store, they're gone before I leave the store lol. 

So.....do I wait to buy it for myself for my birthday in October? Or.....do I buy it at the new store opening on Friday, so I qualify for the goodie bag and also reach level 3 beauty loop in time for my birthday gift? Decisions, decisions. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh soozie are you that close to level 3!?!? Awesome :)

i really want  to try a full bottle of the Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior sonitll probably be my gift to self for the mammoth conference I’m doing in October. Generally, if I want it I justify it by reminding myself that I worked my ass off, got headhunted and now work my ass off again - which pays well.  

I deserve treats  and can afford them so that’s all the justification I need :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
   That's ridicous for a cologne that costs over 200 bucks for a 100ml bottle! I recently got a tiny vial spray of Jo Malone as a gwp in wood sage and sea salt. I have been saving trying it since it was so expensive but now I'm little less excited about it.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh Trudi if you haven't tried the Kate Somerville Exfolikate you really should. It burns a bit but it gives you baby soft smooth skin in about two minutes! It's very pricey but you really see a difference after one use and more with subsequent uses. I have it on my list to get once my Dr Lewinn's Peel is used up. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’ve tried exfoliKate a few times, it’s pretty good. Apart from the smell lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Just try the perfume Tannygirl! Everyone's skin chemistry is different and will affect how a perfume wears. It must last longer than a few minutes on other people otherwise no one would buy it! But when I realised it was a cologne, it's no wonder it doesn't last on me. And it is a ridiculous price for cologne. I'd rather have a $30 bottle of 4711 to be honest. I'm really impressed at how long the Maison Margiela last for EDT. 

Trudi, I'm not sure if being that close to level 3 is a good thing lol. I never thought I'd get anywhere near there! But you are right. We work hard and can afford it, so why not. I think if people have to pull out the credit cards to pay for these things, then that's a different story. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm loving Olay Regenerist miracle boost youth pre-essence and Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream. I got them in a BBBE. Fabulous. I probably will justify them later.
Helibabi
101 posts
MareeB agree that olay is lovely to use! Mines lasted me a long time too - bonus. 
I have so much I want but at the top of the list is some Estée Lauder advanced night repair.. one day maybe. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Oooh me too - I'd have Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Arden EVERYTHING if I had unlimited $$$$$
trudijoy
8375 posts
Agreed soozie - ‘credit for essentials (when needed), work for treats’ is my motto.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also perfume expires! Just use it :) better to have a short time of loving something than binning it without being able to try it at all
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've been in love with the Tom Ford Santal blush perfume for ages, but the price tag is a little too high right now. Maybe if I had something huge to celebrate or did something amazing that I wanted to really treat myself for.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Charmmy-kitty I looooove Tom Ford perfumes but I think the only time I could ever justify spending that much on one would be if I won lotto! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Oh I don't spend money on colognes Soozie! Almost every fragrance I buy in fullsized at least, has to be a EDP otherwise I feel it's a bit of a waste because it won't last more than a couple of hours. One exception to that I absolutely would buy a fullsized is Flora by Gucci. That scent is so pretty and light but has the strength and lasting power of a EDP on me. Whereas some EDP like Marc Jacobs Dot barely last a couple of hours on me.
AboutFace
412 posts
I would like to get La Vie Belle from Lancome but what I would really love is to get my eyebrows microbladed. One day :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
I have been pining for YSL Black Opium Floral  for a year but just can't justify spending that much on a perfume. I would say I could look at doing that for my birthday, but financially I have had a bit of a year with my overseas trip/wedding/accommodation debacle.

In saying that, if I can keep picking up extra shifts at work maybe I can make a miracle happen. 
Julieal
915 posts
I love Linden Leaves products but rely on being given as a present.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Definitely the Glamglow Mask - the one that looks silver and peels off. Omg, love it so much but ouch the price is a little on the high side. I will definitely get the full size as it works really well. Maybe I'll buy it for xmas lol.
tannygirl
3392 posts
     The Urban Decay Naked Heat. I have been lusting after the warm brown shadows with a really red undertone and that palette has the most matte shadows out of all the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and I want it so bad but about 90 bucks for an eyeshadow palette is alot.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Stila's eyeshadow. But it's on the list to reward myself.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I really want the Becca blush in Tigerlily since I have been really loving Becca's complexion products but I have been accumulating so much makeup this year. 
Macs
5351 posts
The Anastasia Norvina pallette. I have enough palletes. Must resist .
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I've been really liking the Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadow formulas they're pigmented and they blend so well and are longwearing. I really want the Soft Glam palette but I don't need another eyeshadow palette.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I've been lusting after Benefit's Galifornia blush for months and it's not that it's that expensive but I think I have another blush that's a similar shade.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    The Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Overning Serum. I got a travel sized bottle of it and used it every other night for several months and I think I actually did see a slight change but a fullsized bottle is 140 bucks for 30ml. Going back to my Granactive Retinoid 2% by the Ordinary and see if I can get or maintain the same results before I shell out the big bucks for the Dr Dennis Gross one.
Imoshen
461 posts
Don't spend so much money on something that isn't affordable for long term use.  Get Differin which is a second generation form of Retin A and you can purchase it over the counter for around $35 a tube.  

Differin helps with acne, sun spots and anti-aging and is less irritating than Retin A (but you do need to let your skin acclimatize slowly to it).
Sophia
203 posts
I would like an IPL or home laser hair removal machine for DIY De-fluffing!  $400 is the cheapest I've seen them come down to at Farmers and it's still too much.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'll look into it next time I'm at the pharmacy Imoshen, thank you.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Imoshen, is Differin easy to get over the counter or is there lots of questioning from the pharmacist? I used Retin-A for years for acne but haven't used it since my skin cleared up.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Still ooohing and ahhhing over a full sized bottle of Beach Walk here! My birthday is getting closer though......

I'm also going to a VIP night at Mecca tonight so who knows what I'll end up buying
Imoshen
461 posts
You might need to ask the pharmacist for it (I have noticed an empty box sitting on the shelves with a sign saying "Talk to our Pharmacist") but you shouldn't have any problems or awkward questions like you do with voltaren.

I picked up a tube of Azelaic Acid (because we can get 20% products here!) and all the pharmacist said was "make sure you use sunscreen religiously with this" which I do anyway.

Retin A still needs a prescription but if you can get it, highly recommend you go back to it.

Differin is good, really good but it's not Retin A :).

For anyone interested in Differin, do your research because if you are suffering from acne they say it MAY get worse before it gets better and to go slowly with it by applying every 2-3 days to start off with and over a period of 3-6 months go to everyday use.  So, make sure you research and understand what to expect when you start using this and don't use if you are pregnant or intend to get pregnant.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    More highlighters! Especially gold highlighters. Eyeing up the new limited edition Lava Gold one that Becca's releasing for the holidays. I also really want Champagne Pop. 

Sephora is having 20 and 15% off sales. I think they're trying to sell some stock before the holiday releases get added. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!