Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What beauty thing does your other half do?

30 posts, 22 members
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
My good old farmer hubby has been so amazing to be this weekend. First I actually asked him to cut my hair off!! Yep my hair length was down my back to my bra strap! How it sits above my shoulders. I wanted it higher but he said no. BTW HE HAS NEVR CUT HAIR BEFORE JUST SHEEP!
I'm loving it.

I got.him to help me with the pearl hair removal. Next he will be doing the ilight on my as I'm not very bendy at the moment.

Now he jumped into bed and declared I'm showered, shaved, washed hair and used gel! It's taken a year of trying to get him to use man beauty products.

So what do yours do for You
shazatron101
5112 posts
That is the cutest thing ever!

My fiance does... Nothing. He uses his musk body shop cologne and body wash I bought him every now and then, but it's not very often, or at all! He does however, let me comb his beard. Might be strange but it's weirdly thrilling and I like feeling how soft and fluffy it goes lol. 

To be honest, I'm lucky if he puts his clothes in the drawers once they're folded!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Lol shazatron mine doesn't believe in drawers! I'm determined to get hubby more interested in man care. He can help with mine In the mean time
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
My partner lets me do his mono brow. Its come to the point where he comes to me and asks me to do it instead of me chasing him. But sssshhhhh dont tell anyone he wants it to be a secret hehehe
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
My partner is terrible at even bothering to wash his face, it drives me nuts (probably shouldn't lol) but since I used to practice my facials and massage on him while I was doing my beautician module I can manage to get him to sit still long enough for me to give him a mini facial occasionally lol - not that he'd ever admit it!
neninoir
210 posts
ha ha Mark Rober the barr-barr!  Get it??  Lol sorry too much coffee this morning!! Been with my fella for over 15 years and the only beauty stuff he uses is, shampoo, soap, deodorant & toothpaste,  when he gets his hair cut, some pomade. And thats it. My obsession with beauty products certainly has not rubbed off on him.  :)
Mila
1209 posts
My partner has been really good, I'm pregnant and possibly not my usual self (reads hormone crazy at the moment!) he doesn't help me so much with beauty stuff but he has definitely been helping me with other house stuff like the cooking and cleaning and grocery shopping.

He does use my solid shampoo's/soaps, he has his own moisturisers and stuff but that's about as far as he goes at this point. I did manage to persuade him that when he can grow his beard in his holidays (im not mean and say he cant grow one hes a fireman so cant have a beard at work for safety) we can try a beard softener :)
SandieNZ
424 posts
Your hubby sounds amazing Ong!  I married a logger so I'm lucky that he remembers to take his dirty work clothes off before he comes inside and tracks blimmin wood chips everywhere!!  He does shower every day (without fail) and uses bodywash and deodorant but that's about it.  A night out means a squirt of his Boss....  He does get me to trim his beard and mo which I love doing, but I think it will be a while before he lets me moisturise his face lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
I get the look and its like "what's drawers, precious?" (gollum voice). males!!! hahaha. there is currently a massive pile of his clothes on the floor by our bed. I put them on his side in the hopes that he will put them away... my hopes are crushed and then hours later my dreams are broken because of snoring. They'll be rewashed without him even wearing them, as my motto is if it's on the floor its dirty. His is - if it's on the floor, I'm obviously going to wear it again *eye rolls*
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
My boyfriend doesn't do anything extra in terms of beauty except for religiously getting his hair styled - he is super particular about his hair ;) aside from the regular showering, shaving etc he doesn't really do anything except style his hair and wear cologne daily. He takes pride in his appearance but doesn't do anything like moisturise or look after his skin. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Mine does nothing. He did purchase a moisturiser of his own accord however, so that's something. Not sure how often he uses it though.
Macs
5351 posts
It's been a really long time since my partner has used any beauty products. He has used Proactive before for his pimples in the past. He used to use nivea men skincare system when they had a deal on at pak n save a while ago. His regime at the moment consists of Body wash, Calvin Klein One, Hair gel and phillips electric shaver. I do his hair cuts got a hair styling pack for him. He does wear lip Balm for his wind burn. I make him take a bottle of sunscreen to work. His skin is so ivory and he burns really fast. He hates putting it on but I growl.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Oh so the struggle is real. I wondered if since so many of us are addicted to skin care and makeup if it would rub off on the other halves.
MrsO
196 posts
My Hubby is the typical Kiwi bloke, so just the basic soap, shampoo, sunscreen (at least he does that), not even aftershave unless it's a special occasion. I would love him to use moisturiser for face and body as he's outside all day and his skin gets dry, but no luck so far. "I'm not putting that greasy gunk on", typical comment.
MrsO
196 posts
Oh, I forgot, he does use Chapstick on his lips. Hooray!
skingeek
537 posts
haha mine is a bit of a pretty boy. He has more perfume (sorry, cologne, right?) than me! He loves to smell good, and he has this really beautiful english shaving kit with the proper brush and cream. He uses my glycolic and my mud mask, and uses moisturier, eye cream and spf every morning, and moisturiser and eye cream at night. So cute. I remember when I first met him and we had a work "coffee meeting" he basically spent the entire time asking what he should be using and having me explain active ingredients. Bless.
ChristineHoll
152 posts
Mine doesn't really do a whole lot, but he's quite open to suggestion so if I buy him something he WILL use it (even if it's just a few times), simply because I bought it for him! At the moment it's generally just the usual stuff though. Shampoo/conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, moisturiser. 
ajrees23
41 posts
My partner does nothing besides pick out a body wash at the supermarket and use lynx spray. I have been trying to get him to let me fix his mini mono brow that he has going on but he isn't so keen. He's very much a country boy and not into anything beauty care related.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Last night we were looking at the sky. It was gorgeous. Then he pips up tell the girls how pretty it is. Tell them it's pink like MAC. No tell them its more like lime crime pink! Heck he listens to me lol
pintsize
1072 posts
I am with MrsO on this one... The struggle is very real to get hubby to use anything other than soap and water... He does condition his hair (he has a buzz cut? so really it is his scalp that he is conditioning).  I really try to get him to moisturise his hands especially in winter as he tends to get cracked skin. Even then it is an unscented hand salve!

Oh and he does use Lynx too ;)
Kenns
85 posts
He borrows my hair straightener to tame his natural curl. Otherwise, I'm lucky if I can get him to use soap or deodorant haha
chikoboo
3402 posts
Ahhh Mr Farmer is a funny thing with his knowledge of makeup now, going to have to get him to give you a hubby makeup over, you let him cut your hair, do you think he can manage mascara on your lashes!!! (o.o)
sunelizabeth
410 posts
My hubby exfoliates about once a week, uses my moisturisers every day (too much of my expensive ones!), keeps his body hair trimmed and sometimes lets me put a mud mask on him!
sunelizabeth
410 posts
My hubby exfoliates about once a week, uses my moisturisers every day (too much of my expensive ones!), keeps his body hair trimmed and sometimes lets me put a mud mask on him!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Your farmer hubby sounds uber awesome Ong!  Mine has started using daily face scrub and moisturiser after giving him the Za mens products from the December beauty box.  He lets me trim his fuzzy caterpillars because they annoy me to no ends and besides that he uses deoderant and what I call his 'special spray'.  I call it that because it's like pheremones to me haha such an amazing heavenly scent!
accidentprone_x
845 posts
My partner doesn't use anything beauty related. He only moisturisers if he burnt himself at work, uses shaving cream and uses his lynx spray and body wash.
Lutece
1849 posts
Oh that is the cutest thing i have ever heard! You have taught him well ONG!

My hubby on the other hand does, nothing! Except maybe trim his beard once a month, each to their own i guess :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I am very lucky to have an amazing husband. Love him to bits.
love seeing what yours do and don't do.
Pintsized and Lutece I love your new profile pics
pintsize
1072 posts
Naw, thanks Farmers-wife xx you are too kind.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Mr Farmer is such a keeper helping out and keeping himself looking good for you as well.
Skingeek sounds awesome to have a guy into beauty products as well but it must get annoying at some point when he gravitates to your expensive stuff especially once he knows what all the active ingredients do so he can read the labels and certain products will catch his eye. My guy showers and shaves and trims his beard and occasionally wears perfume or cologne but nothing else and won't let me do anything to him beyond a massage or plucking ingrown hairs mostly because they bug him and I'm one of those freaks that finds digging them out and plucking them out satisfying.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!