Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What are your New Year Beauty and NBR Goals?

41 posts, 14 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   What are your beauty related and non-beauty related goals?

One of my beauty related goals is to wear makeup more often. I don't have as big a makeup collection as some of my fellow beauty review members but I still have a large collection for someone who probably wore makeup on about 30 days or less out of last year. I have curbed my spending on things like new eye shadow palettes and stuff because those things take forever to hit pan on but I'd like to wear makeup more often and get better and quicker at applying it. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I'd also like to have a more organized makeup setup as my stuff is in drawers and my small collection is taking up alot of space so I'd like to get something to organize it inside my drawers.  Also some acrylic storage for my brushes that looks good on my table where I can store the brushes that I used for powder products and are good for a few more uses but I don't want to put them away unless I've washed them. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'd also like to take baths more often as I am more a shower person since I live in a really cold house with a cold bathroom. I stick to showers because they are quicker but I have a box full of bath bombs and stuff that needs to be used up so I want to use those up and have more than just four or five baths a year. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   One the beauty and NBR side of things I'd like to only buy what I'm 100% sure that I'm actually going to use and products that I already have in my routine or that I'm actively looking to incorporate into my routine. And also not to buy products that are so expensive that I feel I need to save them for a special occasion (which usually doesn't happen or come around in time or often enough before the product expires). I currently have a really pricey hand and body lotion that smells amazing but it's expired because it was $50 and I was always saving it for that perfect opportunity or some vacation deemed worthy enough to use a luxury body lotion. I want to avoid purchases like this in the future.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I want to eat smaller portions and eat more often. I did this last year for a bit and I actually lost a couple of kilos which I gained back over the holidays sadly. :-(  Going ham on all that Christmas ham, stuffing, meringue, cheesecake, chocolates and treats. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I also have heaps of old clothes. You know those opt shop buys and second ones you get the Salvation Army shops. Alot of clothes that just don't fit me or are really old but still tucked away in a box because, well I don't know why I still have them. I think when something gets several holes or becomes raggy I entertain the idea of using them as disposables and not having to do laundry so I have it tucked away and then forget about them.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   And I know I will fail miserably at this but I'd like to go to bed earlier because beauty sleep is a good thing. 
Macs
5351 posts
Beauty goal this year is to use up all my make up and skincare . Only buy products that I run out of . I plan to put myself on a No Beauty buy after my birthday . Take myself off it when the next beauty vault arrives . Then put myself back on it after it. I got rid of all my single shadows that I never used and just kept my main pallettes that I use every day for work. I’m trying to pan my Too Faced Chocolate Bar pallette . 

Hoping to hit 700 reviews this year. I think it’s possible.

Non Beauty Goals : 

Im studying to be a Crew Trainer at my work . Hopefully get my Cafe cert making coffees Hopefully achieve that within the next three months. I indulged over Christmas put on 4 kg bumped me up to 74 kg .  Hoping to get to my goal weight 60-65 kg this year . 
trudijoy
8375 posts
whoa so many posts by one person in a row haha i thought it was multiple people using your pic for a sec tannygirl!

My 2018 goals are:

- the goal clothing box - everything that used to fit and doesn't currently fit, that i like, is in a box. Every two weeks i'll try on clothes from the box and anything that fits now gets to come back into my wardrobe. Meanwhile I'm counting steps and calories. no start weight, no goal weight, no weighing myself. just a positive focus and an end goal of emptying the box!
- use all the things until I go to Hawaii then buy all the things there, then use the things again
- book my next one or two trips overseas after Hawaii - thinking Raro/Oz and Japan
- keep my work and living spaces tidier - I function better in a less cluttered space and it got away from me at times last year
- rock the hell outta my new job - keen for my area to be super successful :D
- go to some of these places in Auckland/close to Auckland I keep planning to go to 'one day'
- date myself more - ie take myself out to the movies and dinner and things. Kicked that one off on New Years Day with Pitch Perfect 3!
- build on the happier me I achieved in 2017.
- not a goal but it'd be nice to meet someone this year as well, very ready to be on the dating scene
tannygirl
3392 posts
  (I edited this comment after Trudi pointed out some things.) Great goals Maccine. I still haven't done a makeup purge I keep holding on to things hoping I'll pan them off. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
just a gentle note that that sort of comment can be really harmful. If people have unhealthy weight relationships or food disorders then someone saying they're at the persons goal weight but need to lose weight can be a trigger. i know you didn't mean it that way, just a general caution to everyone to be careful. (not saying Macs is struggling with these things or that there was any malice in your comment tannygirl, just hyper aware of the need for us to allllll talk positively about things! <3) 

Its all about body type, size, height etc anyway. At 60kg i'd be emaciated, personally! but I'm tall and built more like Ashley Graham than Ashley Oleson lol
tannygirl
3392 posts
Lol no Trudi. I was trying to push the spam off that was cluttering up the forum and since I had new thread discussion ideas I decided to use them. I have a goal this year to get around to watching some of the movies and TV series I've heard about seen parts of, because they're playing in the living room right where I can see them from the kitchen sink but then I'm only seeing parts. I really hope you do meet someone. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah that spam was nuts. Without a doubt the best thing i watched last year was Outlander <3 Maybe check that out!
Macs
5351 posts
I didn’t see your comment. I was out working out . I love reading other peoples goals . I’m in fitness groups with like minded people on the same journey as me. Weight wise I started at 99kg . I think I’ve come a long way . Last year being a good year new job, weightloss etc. I like to try and push myself further this year with the hope of becoming vegan eventually.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs you've hit on a plan that really works for you, from the sounds of how much you've lost and how ingrained the healthy habits are for you now! Do you mind if I ask what you're doing?

My own plan is to use My Fitness Pal coz that worked last time, hit 10k steps a day until Hawaii at least and try and pop a mini workout before work 3 days a week - I have one based on an Ashley Graham 15 min workout that i've made a one song one, or i'll do yoga or some weights.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Wow that's amazing progress Macs! About my previous comment it was just mentioning my current weight and how I felt based off of your comment. It wasn't intended to make anyone feel bad. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
 I buy these online workout programs that have workouts scheduled for each day that are geared towards weight loss, toning, or working specific areas. They're reusable too.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I plan to get to my Weight Watchers goal weight by June this year. not sure how much 'damage' I did over Christmas, but given I had lost nearly 30kg in 2017, I felt I deserved to just do what I want. So I might have another 10kg to loose to get there. 
I know my down fall is food, but I am being more mindfull of moving & will keep doing a minimum of 3 sessions of 20min exercise per week.

I also spent a lot on Beauty boxes in 2017 - which were all wonderful, but now I have a lot of cleansers, moisturisers & all sorts of other items, so I am going to reduce my spending on products (sorry BBBE).
I have a few trips around the South Island for this year, and need to save money. I am also going to complete a few home DIY projects as well as  a lot of other NBR craft projects.
AND, I am going to direct a play for our community theatre - really looking forward to that!

In terms of work/study, I am going to complete 4 more papers towards a Health & Safety Diploma, and apply for related job opportunities in that area, really hoping something will come up, but it is a bit more out of my control. In the meantime, I am going to keep on keeping on and not sweat the small stuff.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am on a no spend. So I am going to use up everything especially my million shampoo and conditioners that I have. I want to lose 10kg to get to my goal weight. I have lost 55kg so far and feel pretty great. Macs well done hun! I also plan to be more adventurous and do things i have never done. I love 2018 so far. Great start to the year for me.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lisa and Karen, such determination, great efforts! I lost 30kg once, i don't have 30kg to lose this time but i'm trying for that same determination to get into those clothes :D
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Beauty Goal:  To use, finish or clear out make-up items that I’ve forgotten about or hardly use anymore.  I need to minimise my personal make-up collection to a few palettes and items that I really like. I’ve been working on this for 2 years now, and am slowly making a dent in my stash. 

NBR: To lose the (unnecessary) 10kgs that I put on due to stress. My plan is to drink more water and to do yoga 4-5 times per week, at home, using Yoga by Adriene YouTube videos.  I’m halfway through her Yoga Boot Camp and am loving it! My body feels stronger and it’s given me a bit more confidence.  Fingers crossed, hopefully the weight loss will eventually start to happen as well.  I know with my own body, it takes a while before I start seeing weight loss results, I have to tone first, weight loss comes after. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i LOVE Yoga with Adrienne!
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Yes rediscovering makeup at the back of the drawer. I re-discovered my Becca Opal pressed highlight today. I used to view it as a really blingly concentrated highlight that you can see from the moon but actually it's really pretty if you go in with a lighter hand and use a different highlighter brush it can look a bit more natural. 
Koni
444 posts
Beauty goals
1.Skincare, skincare and skincare
2.Let go of winged liner
3.Pan any 2 duo compacts
4.Build on eyeshadow technique

NBR goals
1.Begin renovation journey (i.e. quotes waahhhhh)
2.Touch base with 3 different friends/relatives each month
3.Reduce sugar intake
4.Read more educational articles

You've all mentioned great goals - go hard lovelies!!!!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I haven't really thought about goals as such as the year didn't start off that great for me so at this stage its just getting through day by day. I think this year will be for reflection and taking out time for myself and spending more time with hubby and the kids.

Beauty related focus will probably be using up products that have been stock piled and then asking myself of future purchases - 'Do I need this or do I want this? And if I do get it, will the excitement once I get it last longer than 5 minutes?

Its great to see that you have all got some wonderful goals and are already achieving some of them xxx
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Trudi, 

For eating I gradually reduced my carbohydrates. I use My Net Diary as a log in to see how many calories I consume a day. I allow myself One Free Meal a week.A typical day would be Breakfast : Fruit Smoothie / eggs Two Snacks in between : Fruit/nuts/raw veges/bliss ball in between Lunch : Salad /Smoothie bowl / Fruit salad / Eggs and A dinner with one Protein and Veges.  I gave up Flavoured drinks No fizzy , juice . Only drink Kombucha, Water , Soy Chai latte as a treat . Eating is the biggest battle I’ve had. Every time I fall off the next meal is always a healthy one . I never say tommorow or next week .

Exercise I used to walk . Now I run every morning about 3 km a day plus a set of exercises at home. I do Buttabean Motivation Training a set of Zu Moves . I’m apart of that group. Their positive people who help people who want to become healthy for their families and themselves. They dedicate their time for free every week with training classes. The creator has an app that costs but not the free training. I do Zu moves at home because my night shift work interferes with it attending classes. I noticed that I needed to gradually increase my training to get to where I am  now. 

I know I need another change again to get to the goal of where I want to be. I’m needing to get my healthy habits back to get they were before xmas and new years happened . m
I hope you find what works for you . 

Thank you Lisa . 55kg that’s amazing results. Well done ladies for all your weightloss goals. I hope we all make it there. I might try adding some yoga to my workouts and weights. I feel inspired to change up my exercises. Interesting reading everyone’s goals . 
Julieal
915 posts
I am going to sort my clothes and give away surplus.
Use all open creams prior to trying a new one.
Take more care of my skin.
Be happy with what I have and make the most of each day.
Look for the good in people and not focus on the negative.

trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs that's really interesting, thank you. I love this: 'Every time I fall off the next meal is always a healthy one . I never say tomorrow or next week .' This is one thing I need to remember to do! Thanks :)
Imoshen
461 posts
Youtube Yoga?  I have never ever thought about using Youtube for this. 

I have always wanted to try my hand at Yoga but I find the classes rather expensive so is this youtube star suitable for beginners?

She has beginner videos!  Oh this is awesome, joyous day!  Now I just need to get rid of our unwanted house guest so I can actually do it :/.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Imoshen I'm a total beginner with a really dodgy spine and I find this really accessible, I really enjoy it :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Beauty Related Goal: On a No buy unless I actually need it. I spent a lot of money on beauty boxes and extra beauty products I didn't need just because it seemed like a good deal.

Non Beauty Related Goal: I actually need some more clothes so plan to buy those instead. I want to have more getaways with my partner even if it's only in NZ (I like using air b n b). Health and exercise, I know what needs doing but I have sweet f all motivation. Just struggling with that.

Everyone else is super inspiring though, I think you will all do great things this year :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
My osteopath keeps recommending Yoga with Adrienne but I've yet to get any further than searching for the videos on YouTube lol. I go to the yoga studio which is attached to my local gym. For full gym membership of $20 a week you can take as many classes as you like. I usually only go to two a week but that still makes it affordable. 
KiwiLass
174 posts
To stop buying so much make up etc that i don;t actually need, and pan a lot instead.

And to do something about my damn sun spots. I really am over the amount of pigmentation I have and it's been geting me down! First world probs I know, but there you have it.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Another NBR goal of mine ... eliminating all "toxic" people and relationships from my life.  By toxic I mean the people who constantly ask about the details of my life, but don't truly care, they're just after something to gossip about.  So-called 'friends' who never contact me first, I only ever hear from them if I'm the one making the effort, and those 'relationships' with people who leave me feeling anxious, uncomfortable or inferior.  I'm over it.  I don't need those people in my life anymore.

Here's to 2018, may it be filled with good health, personal wellbeing, and overall happiness!  (And lots of good, positive stuff on BR!)
trudijoy
8375 posts
first try on session from the goal clothing box was a success... 9 items welcomed back into my wardrobe that didn't really fit/i wasn't comfy in a month ago
(especially impressive bc it's not the best time of month to be trying things on).

It's working!
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Congrats Trudi. That's amazing progress.
bronjenks
253 posts
Sounds like some great goals there ladies.  I love how determined you are and Macs, you are truly inspirational!

My beauty goals for this year is to throw out all the stuff I dont use (eek).  Invest in some decent pallets and makeup as the cheap stuff just does not agree with me.  Be kind to my skin, do more for it, moisterise, moisterise, moisterise lol. 

Non beauty goals... like most of you, loosing some weight is right up there. I went back to work and my 'fat pants' dont even fit :-(.  So, its time to get serious about it, which is hard for me cause as soon as I tell my body I'm going to deprive you of sweet treats, it counteracts by trying to eat all the sweet treats it can find!! I have invested in some Matcha green tea and another product that I'm hoping will help curb those nasty craves.  

I am also going to check out Muay thai boxing.  I cancelled my gym membership as I got bored, but need to to replace it with something else and a work collegue of mine goes and says its really fun.

Be kind to my emotional health.  I suffer from anxiety and stress that has given me a real beating the last 12months, so that is something else I want to focus on this year.  I used to be able to get out and do loads of social things but at the mo that just freaks me out... sucks!

Love reading about what you ladies are doing.  I dont get in here all the time but when I do its great to see you all being so supportive of each other xxxoooxxxx
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks tannygirl!

bron try oolong tea as well - it's milder than the maccha and just as beneficial.
bronjenks
253 posts
Thanks trudijoy, I'll look it up.  I do like my Matcha though, maybe I can alternate ;-)

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That is awesome Trudi! Mine have not gone great....my no spend is now spend all the money lol and I had so much glorious food and drink on my holiday so went off my plan bad. It's a new month though so time to start again.
Macs
5351 posts
The struggle is real. This week has been a bad week exercise and food wise. I never give up though. 

Good to see you on track Trudi.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!