Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What are your beauty plans for the weekend?

71 posts, 29 members
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
What are your beauty plans for the weekend? Are you having a pamper evening? Putting on a face mask? Purchasing a new product? Going full-on glam for Saturday night?

I'm having a makeup-free, skincare weekend with loads of eye cream, lip balm and the Manuka Doctor Peel. I'm also contemplating purchasing the Skindinavia No More Shine makeup setting spray, just in time for the races next weekend. 
Ringy
825 posts
I had a mandelic peel yesterday so think I'll be a bit gentle on my skin this weekend. I did my nails last night and but they are all sleep dented this morning so maybe a super mani with hand exfoliation and mask?
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
That sounds lovely. I think my hands and feet need some care this weekend too!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Sounds lush Chelsea!

I'll just be doing my nails, as per! Keep seeing gorgeous grey based nails all over Insta do I'm dying to put on my fave OPI Berlin There Done That.

I'm going to put some olive oil in my hair too (then wash it out, haha) as I've been curling my hair a lot lately so it's feeling a bit dry.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I need to have another wee beauty clear out this weekend... and a clean. My brushes are a it dirty and my dresser is covered in powder and other beauty muck.

Personally I need to redo my nails. I hate having chipped nails so I want to redo them a nice colour, maybe it is time to bring out Essies Mint Candy Apple. Also want to re-try the Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell mask. I didn't have much luck with it last time it broke me out but I just want to try it again to make sure that it wasn't just a coincedence.
-Bex-
611 posts
I have a crazy busy day with cows today. but tonight it's a big bath with a bath bomb and bubbles, a face mask and if I haven't fallen asleep I shall do my nails. Also need to do feet but maybe tomorrow. Hope you all have a super-de-duper weekend
trudijoy
8375 posts
Slept in. Took my time on my face. Now having a pedi and relaxing :)
Mila
1209 posts
I'm having a nice quiet weekend so is going to be a makeup free one for me a bit of fresh air and sun care I think is in order
kknz
82 posts
I have to re-do my nails & I'm going to give myself a pedi while I'm at it. That's probably about all beauty related for me this weekend I think
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I did some clown contouring which makes my face glow like a xmas tree....in a good way!  I wanted to put my makeup because I received my Red Burlesque lippy for trial this morning and needed to get some selfies to see if I liked it on.  Other than that I am going to be shaping my nails and putting some polish on before a birthday party tonight.  Nothing like weekend pamper time :D
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Slept in finally at my new place it's beautiful & am still in my pj's lazy as its so beautiful and sunny the kids have been enjoying our 180° north facing decking and I've potter ed around putting everything in its place. Probably go face free of makeup and just do my brows maybe I've gotr go to the grocery shop for some last minute stuff as I'm hosting lunch tomorrow. Wait why has noone mentioned the BR dispatch this Monday ?
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm experimenting with my chi chi metallics palette, I'm not totally sold on it yet but I like having a brighter look. I'm also doing my eyes first and then face.  It's so weird doing it backwards but it helps with the fallout.
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm rocking my new Red Burlesque - Rita Fontaine Lipstick! 
Decided to brave it & wear it to work today with a subtle eye and have had loads of compliments! 
Going out tonight so might do a smokey eye with Rita.
Might have a bare faced day tomorrow though
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I redid my nail wraps last night, and put on moisturiser this morning lol. I am going to use my Bossy spa toner tabs tonight and try and get on top of my skin
glamfish
87 posts
I've gotta do my nails, and a skin mask. My forehead is so congested at the moment. Going to go out shortly and get a bottle of wine...because wine and face masks sound fantastic for a Saturday night in!
MissQT
1547 posts
I think I'm going to do my nails too, once I've removed my current polish.
new2me
49 posts
clean face weekend, will be washing my brushes as they are a bit gross
Did a big sort out yesterday and cleaned out some products im not using
shazatron101
5112 posts
Friday is nail day and I did an ombre from inspiration from the BR pastels article - not the same colors but it looks okay. Ish. Haha. Today I rocked a bright pink lippy and a purple wing - Finding a lipstick that went nicely with purple was hard haha 
Lutece
1849 posts
Oh I have heard so many amazing things about the Manuka doctor peel, I hope your weekend is going well,

Beauty wise I think I will wipe down all my makeup and wash my brushes, hopefully get a footspa in :)
Ringy
825 posts
Succumbed to my usual haunt...the shops! Ended up with a KAGI necklace- another New Zealand wonder- they have such cool stuff. I'll have to manicure it tomorrow!
MareeB
5239 posts
I went shopping too Ringfamily - and I HATE clothes chopping. But I did buy a bra, undies, socks, 3 tops, a jumper and a cardigan - mammoth effort!
Ringy
825 posts
That's quite a big shop! I just got the necklace, a belt and a robotic mermaid which is going to absolutely make someone's day more than our BRBB arrival will make ours.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Today was the first day in a week I wore makeup. Allergies caused havoc! I concentrated on skincare while I waited for it to come right again. Felt so good saying hi to my favourite goodies again.
Ended up in dunedin as it was to wet for hubby to do what he wanted on the farm. Went for lunch in the octagon and it was yuck. Ended up in the mall buying BK!
Macs
5351 posts
Today was my first time walking out the door with lip colour other than pink, nude or red. I wore a bright lilac to a family fun day. It was nice to watch my kids have fun. Tommorow I will wash my brushes, chuck out all my old nail polishes and finished products, theres quite a bit. Write a new list of products I need to buy. I must stay away from lipstick lol.
Koni
444 posts
As much as I love makeup I do love a good makeup-free day - ohhhhh I've had my eye on the Skindinavia setting sprays!

Today I decided that the stupid exchange rate wasn't going to improve anytime soon so I authorised Shipito to send my beauty items to me - only Tatcha skincare and some highlighters (but of course). Tested the Rovie mascara today then got carried away with painting my face hmmmmm.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I've got the Living Nature Hydrating Gel Mask on at the moment. I cleansed, exfoliated and used their Deep Cleansing Mask prior to that. I'm spoiling myself tonight :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Koni, I can't stop staring at that new photo! Just gorgeous! And I need your skin, What lippy is that?

And hoorah for finally getting your package shipped! I can only imagine how hard it has been having those highlighters just chilling at the depot lol
Koni
444 posts
Awwww so sweet Sarah but no embrace your youthful looking skin - mine is all lighting, filter, angle and highlighters haha. It's Dose of Colors matte lipstick in the shade Stone mixed with abit of MAC Blankety :-) I've never used these highlighters so hopefully they're worth the wait!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha you're such a joker, I'm pretty sure we're similar in age! Aka we're both youthful ;) mehe

What highlighters are they?! I don't remember if you said already.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
The only beauty thing I've done this weekend is get my highlights redone.
SandyGedge
394 posts
Yesterday was one of the first days in a while that I've worn a full face of makeup as I'm trialing the Red Burlesque lipstick. It felt nice to have a play around with my makeup again :-)

Tonight my daughter's and I will be having a face masque session which I always love doing with them.
Koni
444 posts
Sarah they're JD Glow Cosmetics highlighters :-)

Sandy that really is a gorgeous pic on the photowall!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm having such a reviewing Saturday today! I feel like I have spent my whole day today playing with makeup and writing reviews... loving it! My beauty area looks like a bomb went off but nevermind :) That is a job for another day
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Kirsty I LOVE your new photo!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Thanks Farmers-Wife... thought I should change it to something makeup related :P
Koni
444 posts
Pepper is beauty :-) Love your pic!!

I tried out my new highlighters today (arrived damaged but I don't care I love highlighters)..annnnddd tried to get decent pic of my "Candylipz" with Eye Can-D for Ongelique but just lousy lighting :-( ohhh and watched the BRBB unboxing :-)
Macs
5351 posts
Im watching make up tutorials fall favourites by Jacylin Hill, Manny Mua. Just finished watching Shannon Shortcakes Allure unboxing. I want to also watch the Make Up Geek Duo Chrome look by manny. I haven't worn any make up this week it's been raining. Finally have a sunny day today.

Ps Love your new profile pic Kirsty J. So cute xx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Koni please send it to me. I don't care about lighting xx
Now you ruined your surprise. I hope you still enjoy it when you finally get it xx
kirstyj
1732 posts
Thanks Macs :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Gorgeous pic kirsty!

I forgot to set my alarm and missed the All Blacks :/

I was early to my appointment at Benefit for a free mini makeover and to check out the Christmas kits, and I'd forgotten they were putting makeup on me until after I'd done my eyes, so she left my eyes and lips as they were and just redid my base. She asked me for a step by step on my eye makeup so she could try it herself, which I found flattering and crazy haha.

The girls at Benefit were made up amazingly with eyeshadow applied over lace, giving gorgeous patterns they'd added diamantes and glitter to. I need to try that sometime!

I bought the 12 days of Xmas 'Party Poppers' kit which is epic especially as it has small versions of several of my must have Benefit products and other stuff I've been really keen to try!

Now I'm packing for what could be anywhere from a week to ten days away, so might be ripping into that Xmas kit early hehe.

Oooh Koni which new highlighters did you get?  BTW she put the Rockateur blush on me and I love it, so luckily there is a mini in the kit because i want to play with it!
shazatron101
5112 posts
No beauty plans today, like sure I did my face but that's just the usual so not overly exciting. And weirdly, I got no comments on my hair, but my mother in law did ask if that was the reason I bought fabric dye, so I could put it in my hair. No woman! It was for fabric! I must of looked stupid or something for her to ask that :P   
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh Farmers-wife, my colleague and I had tea at the Black Dog (next to Scenic Circle) this week. it was lovely and pretty economical, and well worth a look next time you're in Dunedin..
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol Shaz fabric dye in the hair? hmmmm

Maree my ex and I used to go there for brunch years ago!
MareeB
5239 posts
It's nice eh? and the staff are really lovely.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol we broke up in 2008 & i havent been back since!
chikoboo
3402 posts
My plans for the rest of the weekend is rest lol.  My past week has been so solid and topped off with illness so now I am sat in my new recliner half asleep as the hubby watches the All Blacks on replay, he moaning as everywhere we went had Sky Sports so he was watching matches live then but now he had to wait! 

I'm deep in products to play, blog and review now thought.  Trudi that 12 days of Christmas is so epic right? the little tune it plays eeekk!! I've been a good girl so far and put it aside to at least December, and have no idea what is inside as I haven't been looking for spoilers or asked the Benefit girls.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oh and I agree Kirsty you look lovely in your new photo love the black rimmed glasses on you
trudijoy
8375 posts
Don't look at my post on the photowall or products to review xx Its fabulous. You won't be disappointed. I extracted two and am putting the rest aside for now but I am getting the Beautiful Christmas NZ advent calendar so the Benefit ones just a treat because my conference pay came through hehe
Ringy
825 posts
Beautiful Christmas Nz?????
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yep Ring Family I have a lil bit of insider knowledge on it but it should hit Facebook in the next week or two.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!