Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Are Your Beauty Goals 2021?

42 posts, 14 members
tabucutie
1811 posts
It's a new year and recently I've been watching a few YouTube videos. It got me thinking about beauty goals. I tried a no buy last year but really was more like a low buy. I'm really into using up products before they expire, decluttering where I can. My goal this year would be to buy what I need not what I want and finish up some nail polishes I've had for awhile. Anyone else doing any beauty challenges or project pans this year?
Kimrose
1415 posts
I want to use up everything! I really have so much "stuff".
Skincare and make up,  actually,  even body washes. How did I come to possess all of these things? I just can't say!
So that is my goal!
Fingers crossed.
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Kimrose: awesome! Will have to check in at the end of the year with how you got on.
Kimrose
1415 posts
Haha, deal! Let's make a date and compare notes
MareeB
5239 posts
Great goal ladies. I need to do the same - not just beauty stuff either, the whole house! It's a goal but quite an overwhelming one ...
Kimrose
1415 posts
Maree, I was a collector of books. They were not like classic books, just books. Then I discovered the Libby app. It is audio books and it is from the public library. All you need a a current library card and you can download a book and listen to it. This has enabled me to pass on all my books and free up heaps of space. This is a great app as it plays through my car radio so I can listen to books while driving.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am trying to save money this year so I am only going to buy what I really need. Keep things simple :-)
MareeB
5239 posts
Thats a great idea Kim.I drive a lot for work so I could definitely see myself listening to a story!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm doing well with panning old products and only buying what I need. So I'll continue doing that, but my goal for the year is to get back into using a lash serum everyday and try make my lashes longer and stronger.
Macs
5351 posts
This year I hope to use up everything I have.

Gift on my old hair straighteners and eye shadow palletes that I don't use anymore. I've just finished my clarins face care and essano . Now I'll be focusing on panning my elizabeth arden skincare . I need to throw out old mascaras as well . 

During xmas I got the Blood Money gift pack with bag and pallete and the Cloud Nine hair straightener and dryer pack for xmas . 

I'll be buying only essentials that I run out of fortnightly and monthly.

Cassey
22 posts
I want to master a few iconic looks like nailing a good wing liner and a great smokey eye. As well as fine-tuning my beauty routine! 
MareeB
5239 posts
On top of getting rid of old stuff, I'm going tot ry and wear no make up when I can and try to reduce the amount of chemicals in my life. I started last year, but like with everything else, got a bit slack as time went on. I've done egg white facepack and coconut oil moisturiser tongiht so I'm feeling happy with myself. I rarely wear deodorant now, only for highly nerve wracking situations. It sounds gross but it isn't really.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Everyone seems really on to it! Look forward to checking in at the end of the year and seeing where we ended up.

Not BR related but definitely goal related. Decluttering the household and replacing what's needed. I usually sell stuff but ended up giving it away on a local pif page. Productive weekend.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Definitely decluttering the house, got a whole room of crap we dont use or need haha. Oh and taking our junk to the dump... think we have 3 tvs and 2 water blasters that dont work hahaha love it when people give us their broken stuff #not 
Millyw
63 posts
My skin related goal this year is figuring out the most effective (and best value for money) products to help with my annoying chin spots and pigmentation..... and maybe figuring out how to use eyeliner! 

decluttering is also ongoing! Have spent the summer holidays at the dump pretty much so far lol mostly garden waste
trudijoy
8375 posts
Kia Ora whaanau! Ngaa mihi o te tau hou :)

hmmm beauty goals 2021... use up what I've got and shop to replace, not for the hell of it! I tidied out my beauty cabinet so I know what I have and now it's time to use it all up!

My other thing is the whole exercise, go outside, eat well, drink water, sleep thing.... beauty from the inside out I guess. 

...and massages. Many massages 
tabucutie
1811 posts
How frustrating and rude of those people Shaz!

Beauty from the inside out, i like that. Would love to have a professional massage, never had one before. 
Daile
31 posts
My goal is to clear up all the beauty products I own. I have products spread out over the bathroom, on my dresser and many draws hidden at the back of my wardrobe that I only look at when I can't find something. Some of these products would be 5+ years old and clearly just need throwing away! I move at the end of the month so before then I want to have a really good sort through everything and chuck or gift all of the excess.
Kimrose
1415 posts
Its always a great time to have a clean out before you move so as you don't take old stuff that you don't use any more.
We all should have a pretend move once a year!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've started getting them recently, so good. I pay $89 for about 45 mins of back and shoulders, $129 for back, shoulder and foot massages and a facial,   or $179 for the $129 package plus extra time on my back and a head and scalp oil treatment and massage. All with pure Fiji products, and my massage girl is amazing. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's a lot Daile but still, sounds super exciting! Best of luck with your move :)

Absolute heaven trudi, that sounds so wonderful and like money well spent. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I love a massage! I had a pinched nerve a few months ago so my boss organized a massage for me! It was amazing and I felt so much better afterwards.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I have regular massages, booked in fortnightly. I have sports massage though - not that I play sports, but to deal with my neck injuries. Definitely no pure Fiji products involved. That sounds like absolute bliss! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've mostly been trying to work my way through all my products and only replace what I need for awhile now. I don't really seem to have made much of a dent in stuff though but I will continue. I'm going to try NOT to hit level 3 at Mecca this year lol. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Did massage research yesterday and there are so many options, which all sound lovely. Aiming to book my first one for february
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tabucutie go for something relaxing for your first one. Definitely not sports massage as it's really intense!
shazatron101
5112 posts
All this talk of massage! Will have to con the man into giving me one hahahaha ill need one after tonight, going to stack all our freshly delivered and delicious smelling wood! Nomnomnom 

My goal will be to do something with my hair thats not just a mum pony tail hahahahaha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh you'll deserve on after that Shaz! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ugh yuck Shaz I hate doing that! I've done 3 loads over the past few months and we have another in the driveway. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yup that DEF warrants a massage, shaz!

Tabucutie I go to AboutFace for mine, really recommend them so far :) 
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh gosh Shaz, that makes winter feel closer. Mind you, it's overcast and cold here at the moment ..
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We have had the fire going the past few days! Snow on the mountains.  It's a nice break from last weeks insane heat here.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Most definitely Soozie. I'd probably cry if I got those proper deep tissue massages.

Is that AboutFace the lady here on BR trudi?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nope, a chain of beauty product/service stores in Auckland - see here 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I ended up completly forgetting about it hahaha. I got through half of it. Theres a other 7cube to come D:

Lol maree it basically is winter here theres bloody snow on the mountain! Wondered why it was so cold

tabucutie
1811 posts
Thanks trudi  looking in to it.
AboutFace
412 posts
Lol not me, I came up with that name relating to make-up and being a pun at the same time. I saw the business you are talking about on the internet recently. 
AboutFace
412 posts
My beauty goal is to get fitter and try to stop any more line/wrinkles appearing, well that's the plan lol
tabucutie
1811 posts
My bad AboutFace, was a little lost. Good luck with your goals this year :)
AboutFace
412 posts
All good Tabucutie, good luck with your goals too. I also will be decluttering the house including a child's bedroom :-)
tamaraxo
12 posts
My goals this year are to use up what I've got and think a lot more about what I'm buying! Last year I started telling myself if I really wanted to buy something new I had to wait a month before buying to see if I truly wanted it. It was amazing the amount of stuff I really wanted to buy that a month later didn't even care about. Saved me so much money and made me value the things I bought so much more!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Decluttering is so satisfying! Especially when you see how much you don't need and the space it creates.

That's a great way to about it @tamaraxo. Such a good idea to stem impulse purchasing.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!