Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Are You Blessed with Facial Feature wise and What Features Do You Like to Change with Make Up?

14 posts, 10 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
Hi Everyone,
   I was just able to score a bargain online and get myself a matt bronzer that hopefully is the right shade for me to contour with. But that got me thinking I only recently started using a bronzer (Hourglass) and never really contoured much. I guess I'm blessed with an oval face shape, with the exception of blackheads and big pores I'm pretty happy with my nose and how it's not much of a feature on my face and I don't have a double chin - yet. 
   On the other hand I wasn't dealt the best hand when it came to eyes to start off my eyesight is bad so I wear glasses the majority of the time I'm awake, I have monolids which means eyeshadow doesn't really show up as much and if I want my eyeshadow to show I am limited by the number of eye makeup looks I can do, almost everything will crease, sometimes even with an eye primer. I have very, very sparse, short, non-existent lashes. I apply my makeup and then I open my eyes and it disappears. Because of this winged liner brings out my eyes the best, unfortunately it's pretty tricky to apply and get even on both eyes plus the wing can't extend past my frames and it's kind tricky when you have bad eyesight. It has to look good when I'm looking down plus not disappear when I open my eyes.
    So while I can save time and get away with no bronzer, contouring or blush (I have some color in my skin so I won't look sickly, pale or washed out without it), it takes me a really, really long time to do my winged, liquid liner even though I use one that's like a felt-tip marker. 
    So what were you blessed with feature wise and what do you spend time trying to minimise and detract from or change the shape of?
trudijoy
8375 posts
I think my eyes are my best feature but everything else is okay at best.... i have an okay shaped and structured face but its puffy and fat atm. My nose is awful, my lips are weird, my skins recovered but isnt perfect and my teeth annoy me.

Yet overall i think i make it work most of the time. I kinda use makeup to highlight my eyes, smooth my skin, pop dem cheekbones and add drama
chikoboo
3402 posts
I think I got blessed with good skin and I do love my eyes, it is one thing that the hubby always swoons over stating that the moment he saw my eyes he was in love (side note: big fluffy southern man!! lol) so I do love to work with eye makeup and it is amazing how you can alter their size and shape with liner, colours and mascara.  

I suck at contouring and I am not ashamed to admit it so I do not bother, a lot of that comes down to my paleness and not finding that one bronzer powder that will transform me rather than make me look like I have been towed behind a tractor on a dirt road for the past 6 hours.  However, NARS laguna is slowly becoming a contender as I am playing around, but it will never be like on the YouTube channels where they can totally alter their shape, I like it to add a lift to my blush instead.  Kind of love my round fat face, even if it is puffy and pale.  

So no there isn't anything I go with the intention to change more like enhance and draw attention too =)
Macs
5351 posts
I was scratching my head trying to think of what it was and I think its my thick full eye brows. They grow so fast I never have problems with them being too thin. I ask my partner and he likes my hair and lip shape. Which never really occured to me because I can see damage and think the top lip isnt as full as the bottom :/ anyway its lovely timing for me to make me think about what I do like about myself because I tend to be highly critical of myself. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ummm I think my best features would be my eyes aka having long eyelashes so I don't have to wear mascara which is great because that stuff always runs ha ha ha.  Lots of people would say my hair would be too as it is so long and thick but I just find it a nightmare to tame and style, so I just brush it and leave it now.  I do try to change it up a little by straightening it but never seem to get that 'Just been to the hairdressers sleeky look'.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Feature wise I'm pretty decent all round I think except that my nose reminds me of a potato. I would love longer lashes too.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Since doing my makeup on the more frequent I've had to look at my face alot more lol and I love my eyes and cheekbones!
My lips are rather thin so if I knew how to line them so they looked a little thicker I would totally do that!
Artemis
311 posts
The good - I have naturally big, thick, black eyelashes, and I although I often wear mascara/eyeliner, I easily get away with not wearing it. I also get a pimple about once every few years (but this is a result of being super-dry so don't be jealous).

The bad - Very dry, sensitive skin! I'm also prone to growing lots of hair so I always have a bit of a, as a friend once called it, 'brostache'. I think my face is too 'skinny' too, wish I knew how to coutour some nice rounder cheeks!

The "I'm not sure whether its good or bad" - eyebrows. Now that big eyebrows are in, people compliment me on my natural brows all the time, but when big eyebrows arent fashionable, they just look overgrown. I don't usually bother with them much though, I used to get them overplucked and looked ridiculous.
Also my skin tone - I'm pale like my mum, but as soon as I see a minute of sunlight I tan like my dad, it can make choosing makeup hard because I'm not genuinely pale so colours can alter how my tone looks if that makes sense. Right now I've still got brown hair from stripping the colour out and I look ill! Although its annoying, I actually do take pride in it as my mixed heritage is very important and special to me, and my beauty 'flaw's are part of what makes me unique.
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha i love that last one. when I'm in japan they love my very pale skin and ask how i 'achieve' it.....
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Yeah growing up in Asia, I definitely agree Trudijoy. Even though my dad is white I still have tanned skin. I used to hate it but now I've come to accept it so long as it's not going saggy, splotchy too fast I'm okay. I'm pretty religious about sunscreen but that's due to seeing my dad get skin cancer when I was younger.

Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I have a couple that I love but most of all I love my eyes and love experimenting with colours to make them stand out more.  I have doe eyes apparently.  They are big and full of emotion I am told.  There was a time I hated them because I bullied for having saucer eyes earning myself the nickname bloppy (i have no idea why) because of it.  I like to change my lips often.  They are full and soft and to enhance them I use lipsticks in all the colours of the rainbow besides yellow,  
tannygirl
3392 posts
Didn't know that you could get bullied for big eyes, maybe for wearing glasses. I thought it was the other way.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I guess you can get bullied for literally anything and everything if someone wants to make fun of it.  It's the sad reality I guess
Jcw29
20 posts
I think its really easy to get over critical with features good and bad, I often find myself looking at something on my face long enough that started out looking ok and then I end up finding some hideous fault with it haha.?Things I do like would be my eyes and lips, I like my skintone alot and I love my hair, however I have a ski slope nose which I can't stand to look at side on, and I have dimples that look horrendous when I smile. Unfourtunately my dimples don't look cute, they just make me look like a fat cherub when I smile lol.I have found I can sort of disguise my nose front on quite well with careful use of highlighter and a little bronzer, but the dimples are there to stay.But I'm glad to be happy with things 80%, that's a pass in my mind, and makeup seems to fix pretty much anything in my opinion!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!