Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Weightloss before summer

16 posts, 16 members
RianaRoera
82 posts
Hi Ladies,
With summer fast approaching and the wheather warming up what type of exercise or weightloss product can I take to help burn the fat fast and stay off. I do currently go walking and know I need to do more exercise as any advice will help. Thanks

Macs
5351 posts
Hi there. I like walking as well. I normally do alot of cycling on my exercise bike 30 mins to an hour with a combination of workouts every day. I do lunges, squats, sit ups, push ups and planking. I do about 40-50 of each except push ups I do ten. Their my hardest lol. I have used protein shakes in the past as meal replacements. I have never tried any diet pills because Im a chicken .
chikoboo
3402 posts
There is similar threads about different ways to lose weight, most recent here (oops link broken - just look up in the search bar lol)

There is no such thing as a fast way to get rid and definately not to keep off!  I used slimming pills 8 years ago and lost a staggering 70kg but I have been left with major health issues from using them, I have high blood pressure now which has been directly linked to the pills I took (Adios were the ones, I think they are now off the market) they were found, as alot of the slimming pills out there to be packed with salts to help you feel full and crave water.  So I strongly stand against such actions.    I packed on 25kg as soon as I stopped using them then shifted that through exercise and diet.  Then I fell in love, moved here to NZ, got married, settled and saw 25kg creep back on so I'm off on the healthy route again. 

If there was such a miracle then all the slimming clubs/organisations/food companies would be out of business lol  Be weary of even the herbal pills and teas. 
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
Do Zumba! I love It and do it daily, you could also try the 30 day chalenge's, I've just started the crunch challenege check them out

http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/challenges/
allanahkenny
87 posts
I like yoga. I absolutely hate running and gym stuff and I find yoga so relaxing. It doesn't look that challenging but some classes you get so sweaty and puffed by the end lol. It's good for flexibility, strength, balance, coordination and happiness! I'm really weak and have a chubby tummy and back pain and I find yoga helps heaps. You also get a perky yoga bum!

If you don't wanna do classes then two sites I really like are:

doyogawithme.com - my personal favourite, has heaps of free hd videos from beginner to advanced in different styles of yoga and if you're lost then you can email the instructors and ask for help :) they also have free programs if you want something more structured.

doyouyoga.com/challenge - this is a free 30 day challenge for beginners so you don't need any previous experience, it's kind of like a sample platter of yoga lol. I have to admit I've been lazy these past few months so I'm doing this challenge to get back into it. 

The only equipment you really need is a yoga mat otherwise you'll slip, you can get them cheap online if you just wanna try it out.

Yeah let's all get awesome summer bodies!! Xx
Mila
1209 posts
I'm with you on that Chikoboo ! I used lots of different pills in my younger years all stuff you could buy nothing was illegal but i've still got health complications now and wish back then i know what I did now....... hindsight hey !!.

but Chikoboo is right, there is no magic pill cure detox or any such thing, if there was everyone would know about it and we wouldnt be talking about best ways to loose weight :)

Just be healthy, eat healthy good food, exercise no matter what that be for you whether it be a gym a run a walk a swim or something off you tube whatever fits in for you.

Just be healthy make good food and lifestyle choices, little bits add up, takes time but so do all good things :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Unfortunately there is no magic pill. You best bet is a healthy diet and exercise and plenty of water. Also enough sleep at night overwise you get cravings for sugary treats and lots of refined carbs the next day, some people are good and can resist, other people struggle with that.

I stick to workout DVDs because they don't cost as much as gym membership and I can do it at home when I have some time free. I find if you're short on time cut your workout down from say an hour to half rather than skip it altogether. And last but not least give yourself a break once a week from diet and exercise so you can enjoy yourself. Best of luck.
Balanced diet, exercise and lots of water. I count weight watchers points (old school), gym 5-6 days a week (RPM classes), walk with friends and lots of water. I do not miss out on anything. I eat loads carbs, chocolate, drink wine. But everything in moderation. And have fun.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
@tannygirl what sort of workout DVDs do you use? I've tried some youtube videos but didn't really like the quality of them. And my laptop speakers really aren't that great.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I love workouts where its lots of fun you forget it's a workout such as zumba and spin.

Although these days only doing walking and low impact exercise as I'm pregnant, so will be getting bigger and bigger as summer comes lol 
trudijoy
8375 posts
myfitnesspal.com

I lost 30 kg in 360 days last year and it's stayed off xx
MicheleC
419 posts
Awesome trudijoy such an achievement. I went to City Chic today and bought a dress in an XS so was really happy with the changes that have happened so far. I think I might have lost 10-14kg since I was married last year in December. That is not a lot in the big scheme of things, but it has been slow and I have not had any rebound. There is still a long way to go, but I think the long slow path is best and most likely to succeed. I wrote a long bit in one of the other threads about my thoughts.
PaigeC
194 posts
I would say watch your sugar intake. Sugar is a big part of gaining weight (in my opinion) and so try and watch how much unnecessary sugar you are taking in, for example from fizzy drinks- fizzy drinks hold no nutritional value however they hold a whole lot of sugar

Also regarding diet, watch the "low fat" products on the market, often when fat is taken out of a product, they load it with sugar to ensure that it still tastes nice (otherwise people wouldn't buy it and there wouldn't be enough of a market to warrant the product).
george
150 posts
Balanced diet! Loads of exercise and water (the water thing I find so hard D:). I'm about to reduce my sugar intake and cut out my love for Pepsi Max.. just switch to good ol' water or sparkling water for my fizz cravings. Egah! 
Lutece
1849 posts
good on you for finding a healthier you :)
if your wanting a DVD workout system I can highly recommend insanity or beach body workout, it isn't for the faint hearted but it really do burn a lot of fat!

I fully agree with chickoboo , pills only temporarily fix the problem, 
Good luck with your journey :)
If you type into Youtube 'Fitness Blender' their amazing channel will pop up. They have hundreds of workouts that you can do at home in your lounge without any equipment and they are all completely free without ads. 

They vary in difficulty so I would definitely recommend giving a couple of these a try (perfect for a day when it is cold and you don't feel like leaving home for a walk or  heading to the gym)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!