Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Violet Box vs Goodie Box

25 posts, 18 members
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Afternoon ladies!

So I'm currently debating whether or not to sign up for Violet Box and/or Goodie Box. They both seem like so much fun and could be a real money saver, too, for just $25 each month.

Have you tried either box services? Is one better than the other?

Hope you're all having lovely Tuesdays xx
1139 posts
I can't provide a comparison but I can give you my opinion on Goodie Box. I subscribed for about six months and liked every single one of the boxes I got. Obviously there are always going to be products you'll never use but everyone is different.

The reason I unsubscribed is that I just wasn't using enough products to get my money's worth. Yes, you definitely get products worth way more than you pay for (usually at least triple the value of the box if I recall correctly) but I just started stockpiling all this product that I couldn't use fast enough. I decided that my $30 would be better spent on one product I really wanted since I hate things going to waste! I'd recommend it if you really want to try new products and are good at using up stuff pretty fast. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I got the violet box last month and waiting for this one to arrive.

I was impressed with the products in the first one. There was something's for me, and other things I can add to gifts. It was well worth the money (hope it's the same this month)
Chaotic82
522 posts
I have got the Violet Box both times since its release here.  Loved the first one.  This one is good too - I like it, but I can forsee a few complaints about it.  It has two products that were on my list to buy anyway, so thats great for me.  And I will use the other things.  Won't give away whats in it for the others waiting for theirs. :)  I'm not sure if I will stick with it though as there are some things on my wishlist that I could put the money towards.  But the surprise is so fun...I'm torn LOL

I have never had a goodiebox, there's such mixed reviews out there about it.  To be expected though.

I'm really excited about my Memebox - Make up edition, which is on its way here right now :D
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Following this thread, I've been umming and ahhing over which one to get too. Would love to hear everyones opinions
chikoboo
3402 posts
I used to have goodiebox but it became very focused on poor samples and repetitive ones too.  The last 3 boxes I had was all hair/body care, not a stitch of cosmetics in sight.  So I gave that up around Christmas time as I had enough. 

Violet box is new so its exciting and the first box was great, except the odd one thing that I won't use but that is just because I don't want to tan, love my paleness =)

Memebox is by far the best thing though from the mini boxes to the superboxes which focus on a subject, such as pore care, masks, hair, bath, etc...then luckyboxes where it can be a total mystery, hence the reason I am currently looking at getting 9 delivered in the coming weeks, be warned they send the email out of a new release, sometimes with a wee teaser and you just cave and have to have it lol.

Katy (abeautifulberry) got me on another one recently, still awaiting the first box, and ordered it in my hubby's name though, so he didn't feel left out (plus reduces the guilt on me lol) for a spicy subscription...ohhhh la la =)
Bird
231 posts
oo that one sounds intriguing chikoboo ;) hehe the Man would get a bit of a surprise opening that if I got it without telling him haha! I like the idea of putting it in his name!
Kellie
570 posts
A spicy subscription!!  Would you believe when I first read that I thought of a subscription where you'd get spices - like mace, star anise etc. Then ... yeah ... *click!*  Sounds FUN!
Manda129
419 posts
I just recently stopped my goodie box, cause I just felt I wanted more make up from them. I got my goodie box today, i was quite happy with it and was estatic there was no self tan in it :) Ive got so many already I dont use lol I really want to try that memebox but just haven't brought myself to do it yet lol
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Thanks for all the advice everyone! I've totally caved in, and just subscribed to both Goodie Box and Violet Box! I am now SO excited to receive them next month. Nothing like receiving a parcel, expecially something beauty related
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
What's the name of the spicy one aye?? Does farmer hubby need it? After all you seen everyone talking about his Eco nuts wash balls ;)
katypatatie
142 posts
Farmers-Wife Spicy Subscriptions you should give it a go if you are both keen to spice things up in the bedroom ;)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Farmers-wife omg don't start with the nuts again lol.  Haven't had my first box yet but looking forward to it =) but who doesn't want to bring some spice into the bedroom especially with the cooler nights, please you pass the guilt a little as its for him as well as you...if you know what I mean
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
CRIKEY! Never knew there was such a thing. Husband goes "what the frig!" LOL now he's calling me a ding dong, you're not  ....... I'm crying I'm laughing so hard
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
You will LOVE the nuts. Get a couple of boxes. I need more of the hot choc & chocolate. Mmmm
chikoboo
3402 posts
In case any of you lovely ladies wanted to take a look at spicy subscriptions, I got this email this morning, I already have my 1st box coming so I have no need for it =)

Use coupon code "SPICEITUP" to get your 1st box for $19.95 on ALL monthly subscriptions OR use coupon code "1STFREE" to get your 1st Box FREE AND receive an extra toy in your 1st box on all 4 month subscriptions!

(P.s this is US dollars)

MicheleC
419 posts
The temptation continues. I have had a look at Meme, Violet and Goodie Box online.  Have watched videos by recipients of Goodie Box and they seem to get a great selection of 'goodies'. This is all very tempting and I will have to hide the plastic card and wipe out all memories of what I have seen!  
yazzy_o
6 posts
I've also been wondering about which to subscribe to and hadn't even heard of Memebox!
Just tried ordering a couple of lucky boxes and they're all sold out!
But thanks for the insight, i'll have to try again later!
chikoboo
3402 posts
yazzy-o yep those boxes do sell out pretty fast, best thing to do is to sign up for email newsletters so you get the new releases, gives you more of a chance to snap one up before they are all gone. 
JamieLynneKirk
157 posts
Need to try violetbox but I really love Goodiebox...
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I haven't tried violetbox, but used to sub to goodiebox. I got a bit over gettin fake tan stuff so I stopped subscribing to them. Now (because of the ladies on this forum), I'm totally addicted to memebox! I got my first one yesterday and am SUPER impressed with it. I just ordered my mum and sister one each as a suprise as they never spoil themselves, and ordered myself another one too ;) I highly recommend memebox!
Susilia
484 posts
Luckybox #1 is restocked, a pretty good box to begin your meme experience with!!:) 
Here is what you'll get: memebox luckybox 1
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Well received my violet box the other day and absolutely loved it will use every item. I have received my goodie box today and am hugely disappointed as I had received items that I received in my last box. I got a new mascara, a lip balm that I got last month, an exfoliating cleanser that I had gotten in another previous box, Angel hair care samples which I have received from this subscription service time and time again, a loofah sponge which I received in last month's box, tampons which included a 2 for 1 voucher which I will use and some cotton makeup pads which I will eventually use. I am giving them another month to see if they suprise me but at the moment am definitely considering unsubscribing.
LouV
55 posts
Hey, I have started keeping a blog about my Goodiebox and Violet Box. Feel free to go check out my reviews and see what I got in my boxes (both of May's are up). :)

hi I had never heard of violet box and seen goodie box in my news feed on Facebook but never really looked into what is actually was but after reading this I have signed up to violet box but think getting a box every now and again from meme box is going to be the best way to go I'm very excited about getting my first box 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!