Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Unbelievable Prices... Do I 'Add to Cart'?

18 posts, 10 members
EliseMM
120 posts
I'm sure we've all been enjoying shopping in its various forms lately. I'm currently in need of haircare I usually purchase from the site Look Fantastic, and have found some great products listed for $0.02

Yes, that's correct. 2 cents. 

Do I add to cart and hope that this obvious glitch in the website will not backfire on me? Or do I avoid the risk altogether? 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I remember seeing an expensive coat listed for either cents or nothing long time ago and emailed the website and found out it was a glitch. But 2 cents isn't much if they ship for free and you like the haircare. If they don't, well 2 cents isn't much of a gamble. But anyways that's my 2 cents. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol, there's definitely a glitch in their system as they also have a hair oil on there for $81,000! I think probably the worst thing that could happen is that they cancel your order once they realise their mistake. I think I would risk it lol. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Go for it! What's the worst that can happen? I think they should be obliged to complete the sale even if it's their mistake.

Not related but related in the too good too be true way. I had an ad on my insta this morning for a $1 usd beauty box with free shipping so I bought it. Basic research appears to be legit. Will have to see whether it comes through in the post now.
First Lady
957 posts
Retailers who fall victim of pricing errors they don't legally have to complete the sale - especially if its a very obvious error to all.

xx
MareeB
5239 posts
That must be some great hair oil soozie!!
Sonnies
137 posts
I would have taken the change hehe
EliseMM
120 posts
Tabucutie oooohhhh exciting to see what happens with your beauty box!
Susilia
484 posts
Tabcutie, just read about your $1 beauty box, I hope it’s not babebox? 
tabucutie
1811 posts
No its not babe box. What's that box about? 
Susilia
484 posts
Ok, that’s good then! :) read scammy things about them!
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've been doing research since you mentioned it Susilla, it certainly isn't great.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah be careful signing up for sub boxes where the first one is free or super cheap as you might not be able to cancel the subscription that easily if you don't like it. I'm being more careful after being scammed over a bikini earlier this year. If you are tempted, use a credit card and then you can put on a dispute through your bank if it all goes wrong. That's what I ended up doing and got a refund. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I use PayPal if im uncertain, i can easily dispute it that way if nothing shows up! I hope it arrives though and you post pics!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Definitely feeling a bit suss about it now. In hindsight I should have done the research first.  Just going to put this down as a learning curve.
Susilia
484 posts
Which subscription company was it, if I may ask?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hopefully it's not a scam. Worse thing about being scammed is feeling stupid for being scammed! We've all fallen for them though. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm always so suspicious of 'to good to be true' offers lol

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!