Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

27 posts, 15 members
Susilia
484 posts
Can someone just please tell me if you’re being considered for trial teams at all if you don’t have a review expert badge on your profile?

I tried applying, but that link just takes me back to my profile. :/ 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yep you have to be on the panel (ie have an expert badge) to be considered. Even then the panel is quite big and chances of getting selected aren't super high, but you're still in the mix. Email them and ask, maybe?

[email protected]
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've seen a few recent trial reviews from members who aren't on the panel.
MissDilly
229 posts
I've definitely seen non-'expert' reviewers - especially recently (though by forum & BR mileage I'm a newbie myself!!) .... but does look possible.   In the trial info it says  "The majority of Trial Team products will only be sent out to members of our Expert Review Panel"  - so at a complete guess, maybe they they start with best-fit from the panel, and if any spaces remain they go out to the wider group perhaps? So maybe the bigger trials have room for the wider group of members .....But definitely contact them if you're having trouble applying for Expert status
MareeB
5244 posts
I agree, best to email and ask.

Love your profile pic MissDilly
First Lady
957 posts
Hey everyone,

Our Head Pixie is poorly so I'm manning the forum.   

MissDilly is spot on :)

If we can fill a trial using Expert Reviewers we will, if not, we'll use the system to segment the database and/or trawl through the comments and check out people who may not be Experts yet.   They still must have placed some decent reviews, but probably either a) haven't applied to join the team, or b) we haven't got that far through the applications* yet.  (They'll generally be promoted after their review - if its up to standard!)

Trial selection is bound by the reviewer criteria determined by our clients.  So if we can't find suitable Expert Reviewers we will widen the search to get the target demographic. 

Susilia - sounds like you're clicking the link that takes you to register with BR as a new member not the Trial Team application.  It's the pink link on the Trial Team page. 

Click here to fill it out.

*Going through applications is a manual task, we look at each candidate in detail, so it does take us a while to get to them.  We do our best though :)

MareeB
5244 posts
Thanks Nat. Nice to see you :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh I’m wrong then I guess. Not 100% surprised really; I thought my turn would come up more often and it hasn’t so maybe I don’t understand how it all works after all :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Nawww get better soon Kellie xx
MissDilly
229 posts
Thanks so much Maree :)  
Julieal
915 posts
Hope head Pixie is better soon -
Susilia
484 posts
Thank you all for your help, I just filled out the survey to join the experts, I was a tad confused, and yes, I was using the link to register to beauty Review in general, but it’s really right at the top of the expert Review Panel article, so can you blame me? :D 
I joined very early when this site opened, I was even a review hero once, those were the cool days. Sadly had to take a rather long break as my work started to get too demanding with a promotion, but now I’ve changed to a lower responsibility (and lower income, lol) job again, so got time. :) 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I agree lovely profile pic MissDilly and Trudi!
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks Lisa! got my hands on the new Mecca brow mascara and was trying to see if it looked better when i'm tanned (it does)
Sophia
203 posts
Hello BR Pixies,
How often should we expect to be picked for a trial - just in general I mean, it's understood that there are no guarantees!
The reason I'm wondering is because I haven't been picked for one since last October and I've volunteered for about 80-90% of polls, avoiding ones that needed something specific like long hair or babies, which I don't have :-) .....Am not quite sure what is a 'normal' number of trials in a year.  
Thanks, Sophia
MissDilly
229 posts
Thanks Lisa! x
shazatron101
5112 posts
i know noottthiinng about how trials are picked or how many you get in a certain time frame. but i started bashing out more reviews and helllooo i get a trial.
i did think it was a mixture of being active in the forum and doing reviews but i think that was for hero status which is no longer with us (r.i.p) haha.

tabucutie
1811 posts
Interesting question Sophia. I myself have wondered the same thing. There have been so many trials this year, the last one I had was in March. I was a bit affronted about it but not taking it personally anymore. Ironically, I am more active on this site now, I place reviews regularly and have taken an interest in the forum and enjoy the conversations here. It could be because the BR community is growing? Or they think we don't meet the requirements? I'm really not sure. Hopefully it's only temporary and you get selected for a trial team soon.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm on the same page, i've only had one this year, and pre-panel used to get trials way more regularly.

I get that there are a lot of people wanting to be on the panel (why wouldn't you) but i go through phases of being okay with it and feeling totally overlooked, especially when there are people getting multiple trials in the time frame in which I got just one.

Life's gotten in the way and i haven't reviewed much this year, but then again I haven't needed to vault shop because i'm in 'use all the things' mode, and i don't remember there being a minimum number of reviews to qualify for trials once you had qualified for panel, so surely that's not the issue?
Julieal
915 posts
I think a lot of times it is your profile to the product as for example if you have dry and coloured hair and product is better suited to this you have a better chance than if you have uncoloured etc .
Macs
5351 posts
Interesting I haven’t had any trials this year. I have missed an invitation to trial something maybe once roughly going off memory. My last trial was last year november. Im not too worried about getting on a trial team . 

Ive recieved lots over the years from Beauty review and I’m thankful. I haven’t been as active as I used too . I’m aiming for 700 reviews my goal this year. Hopefully. 
Susilia
484 posts
My application to become a rewiev expert still hasn’t been reviewed and it’s close to two months now, I guess it’s just not meant to happen, lol! :D 
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's a bit of a shame. I'm sure its not intentional they are just working super hard at the moment. In saying that I have noticed a lot of new trial team people in the last 3ish months. Maybe they do intakes every quarter?
Imoshen
461 posts
Susilia - email them and ask them what the hold up is.  They might just be holding out till their new exciting changes have come through or it might have been lost in the black hole of the internet.  

They will respond quickly if you shoot them an email.
Susilia
484 posts
Still not a review expert, been waiting since June. :D 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I always thought it was just luck to get onto a trial team, but maybe you have to meet a very specific set of criteria like skin type and age etc. 

The BR community has really expanded in the last two years so I'm sure there are tons of applications for the review panel. Wonder how many people are on the panel? And if someone's not active for a certain time would they get crossed out?
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I agree Charmmy-kitty.. there’s so many of us now... but fingers crossed they won’t cross us off due to inactivity.. sometimes personal worklife takes up so much of our time... I find it difficult to sit down and write a proper review sometimes... 

Wow!! What an effort Macs.. that’s a lot of reviews... 

I’m more of a newbie... Susilia to me, you’re already an expert!! Hope they sort it out for you soon ; )

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!