Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

translucent/finishing powder....

18 posts, 11 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
recommendations, please, ladies!  I've tried a couple - the Face of Australia (not bad), Nude by Nature (meh) and Australis (good)ones lately but what do you use - and is it awesome?

I like the look of 'finished' base, set with powder. Fine, non-tinted, and won't-make-me-go-oily, please!

Also I have a mini Hourglass ambient - i usually just use this under my eyes but is this a full face option too?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't have very many face powders but I do have some Hourglass ones. I use them all over my face, especially Dim Light looks great for setting under the eyes and Radiant Light is great for adding some warmth sometimes I use a bit more on my cheeks as a bronzer. I have YSL translucent one but with the price tag on it I wouldn't recommend it till I have throughly tried it out. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have loved using the NARS loose translucent powder, there is just something about it that gives you face an airbrushed look to it (which never hurts). I have also just brought the hyped up RMCA powder, I haven't really used it enough to comment though but I will let you know how I get on with it.
Macs
5351 posts
I never buy face powders. This year I want to try them. Im looking at Eco Minerals one after reading Sandys review. Definately will be watching this thread for some suggestions.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh how much is the NARS? Tannygirl I think I have the dim light one; use it under my eyes mostly
MissQT
1547 posts
I have two that I use and like both of them. The elf hd translucent powder is a loose powder and it makes your skin feel so silky and smooth as well as setting your foundation. I also have Rimmel stay matte translucent which is a pressed powder and also good
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I use the RCMA translucent powder and I lovvvvvveeee it!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I have come to really like the Rovie one. and the Rimmel one is decent too. The Rovie one I think sets better and the Rimmel one adds a more matte finish.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I'm in the same boat as Thebeautycontext, I'm using the RCMA powder but haven't been for long so it's hard to say. Thus far I don't notice it doing anything for my oils though. I hear the Laura Mercier one is meant to be good for that!
Lutece
1849 posts
For a loose powder form I love the Ro-Vie Finale powder, its great for baking and setting your makeup. Im on my 3rd pot of Finale powder now :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I picked up the e.l.f one today due to convenience and the tiny price tag but def want to look into a few of these in future! The one Sarah and thebeautycontext recommended, the RoVie, the NARS - and I rememebred I wanted to try the BonBon one too
MissQT
1547 posts
let us know what you think of the elf one. I like it but I've never used any high end powders so I'm keen to try some of the other suggested ones too :)
Ringy
825 posts
I've tried a few different brands, and I find the E.L.F one quite good
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know! The price tag is amazing, so if it works then we may have a winner... This time, at least ;)
trudijoy
8375 posts
verdict on the e.l.f powder is that it's okay but a little chalky - the Australis was better. I'll use it. Just found out I'm going to Aussie again in Nov so might see what I can get myself there :D
trudijoy
8375 posts
i impulse bought the essence 'all about matt' fixing compact powder, for all of about $5/$6 and so far it's not bad!  Should tide me over until my next duty free mission anyway hehe
Rajvee2588
221 posts
It's been long time I am using Mac finishing powder which I like it. I never use translucent powder. I have some on my Wishlist like Laura mercier, RCMA, it cosmetice bye bye pore. Good luck
MissQT
1547 posts
Ooh I'll have to try the essence one when I use my back ups haha

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!