Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Toothbrushes You Can Recycle (BR-ish)

22 posts, 10 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Has anyone tried the toothbrushes you can recycle or compost?

I've seen a few different ones and I'm always keen to pick a more enviromentally friendly alternative. But I'm a little skeptical of whether it will work as well as a good old colgate toothbrush.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I’d like to be able to give them a go in the interest of using less plastic but the one thing I can’t give up is my electric toothbrush!
MareeB
5242 posts
I didn't know there was such a thing, but it's a good idea.
Sophia
203 posts
Electric toothbrush gets more uses than any regular toothbrush and is rechargeable so seems to be the most sustainable.
Once you use one you won't go back to regular toothbrushing. It's like the difference between using a vacuum or a dustpan n brush!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’ve used the battery operated electric ones and liked them; haven’t bought a proper electric one yet but tempted. I use American toothpaste now though; so good
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
 Sophia, I totally agree there's no going back once you've used an electric toothbrush. I'm not convinced they're better for the environment but they're certainly better for your teeth. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi, Countdown have a Braun electric toothbrush for $25 (half price!) this week! The replacement heads are quite expensive though. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah it’s always been the heads that put me off, cost wise
Julieal
915 posts
recylable tooth brushes probably excellent if you are travelling but I also prefer my electic tooth brush and I believe they reduce plaque so in the end less cost for tooth damage.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I haven't seen recyclable toothbrushes personally but have heard of them. Does sound like a great idea, although I am probably more leaning towards electric or battery operated toothbrushes myself and for the kids.

I would like to know which electric/battery toothbrushes you recommend, but I don't want to take over this thread as it was originally about recyclable toothbrushes so I'll start a new thread xx
MareeB
5242 posts
I've never seen nor heard of them. Do supermarkets sell them?
Macs
5351 posts
Ive never heard of it either. Post pics if you purchase one pls
tabucutie
1811 posts
No supermarkets sell them at the moment that I am aware of. I have done some basic research  into eco brushes as I continue to try and lessen my footprint. GRIN has bamboo toothbrushes. And there is toothcrush which is an eco toothbrush subscription . $5 a month  or $40 for a year (12 brushes). I just don't need 12 brushes. I figure I could stock up though? I might try it out next year.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Grin toothpaste is in New World supermarkets. I think they sell the toothbrushes as well? You can return Eco Stores toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes to them for recycling. I've been using their toothpaste as it's SLS free, well priced and readily available at supermarkets. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
That Ecostores toothpaste and toothbrushes. Is that only available at New World?
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I picked up a grin toothbrush at new world they also had another brand that did bamboo toothbrushes.
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's so cool. I there was a New World closer to me. The nearest one is about20-30 min drive away. It would be easier if Pak N Save and Countdown stocked more Eco options. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Countdown stock the Eco Store toothpaste and probably the toothbrushes too (I've not looked for the toothbrushes so can't be 100% sure on that one).
tabucutie
1811 posts
I've not seen it in the Countdown I always shop in. Has he Eco store toothpaste been a recent addition?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The toothpaste has been out a couple of months now I think.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Picked up the Eco store toothpaste. Stoked, they also had the toothbrushes. Look forward to trying in future when I am due to change it out.
lisaflow
9 posts
My toothbrush is fully organic. I just hate those plastic brushes... My new bamboo toothbrush is definitely better. When I've purchased it even the package was made of recycled paper. It's soft enough, just perfect for my gums (sometimes they are bleeding when the brush is too rough). 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!