Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Too many reviews to write

44 posts, 29 members
Does anyone have that situation where you have a whole ton of reviews to write up but haven't done any and the list gets longer? I have about 10 fragrances to review that have been listed and if beautyreview added all the ones I have then that list would become 25. On top of that I have an idiot number of lipsticks and blushes. I only have a couple powders and foundations to review thankfully. 

I just reviewed one fragrance which didn't have any prior reviews. Time to crank out another.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
That's how I feel right now hehe. I got the Oasis Beauty Goodie Bag with every single one of their products in it so I'm excited to review everything but also pretty intimidated! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I keep a list of 'to reviews' on my phone and delete/add as necessary.  If I totally use a product up and think I'll forget, I write and save the review for when it can be uploaded (usually in note form, often on my phone).
Then when i sit down to review I can sommetimes just bang them out - I think I wrote ten last night.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't have too many, less than 20 I think. I save them in my favorites and I do between two and four a week. I don't buy new things often so I let my list get bigger and bigger :-)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
*Goes to stalk Trudi's reviews*

I think I'm going to start writing down my review "to-do's". 
pintsize
1072 posts
YES!! Especially after the BRBB release the number to review climbed instantly (although I am not ready to review any of the items just yet) :) [love the BRBB by the way] xx.

I use the 'add to favorites' feature to save searching everytime for products to review... I see it listed and BAM added to favourites :)
(although I confuse myself at times by adding products I want to try as well which has actually saved me from searching again when I do buy them) anywhooo... lol

I am a bit backlogged on reviews at the moment with end of financial year bookwork and school holidays :/ just tackle one at a time and see how you go, it's a bit like anything (ie housework) a little bit here and a little bit there and Voila... all done and dusted (dang I need to do my dusting lol).

:)
Rezee
1964 posts
I use my favorites part on my profile as a list of to do reviews. Its pretty long!
funnily enough the only two items that I felt inspired to write reviews on are not listed on the site! Im trying to do 3 a week so wil do a couple tomorrow.  The fragrances I had planned to review are on hold since I have a cold and cant smell much.
Kellie
570 posts
My favourites list on BR is pretty much a list of things I need to review. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, but I aim to write two to three a week every week. Having that aim gives me a sense of control, and also ensures I never run out of things to review - because the moment that happens (and it's happened once) I run out and buy buy buy ... something my cc really doesn't need to have happen on a regular basis :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
there is a favourites bit on the profile ?!?!?! brb :p

eta...mind blown, life changed, love you all :p
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I actually use my favourites as a wishlist kind of thing! I think they're adding that in the revamp of the site though so I'm uber excited about that. 
OK just requested for a bunch of perfumes to be added. I'll request more some other time...

And I'm gonna use that favourites thing now. I really need to ugh.
pintsize
1072 posts
Trudi did you know you can 'Favorite' articles as well?

Handy if you want to refer back to them at some stage without doing the great search :)

trudijoy
8375 posts
nope pintsize!!

learning, learning, learning :D
pintsize
1072 posts
Heehee that's what we are here for :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
ha ha yes and when I first started with BR I was so scared I'd run out of products to review ha ha not even close there's so many I have to do and I'm always getting new stuff  wahoo :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I keep the products I want to review in my favourites list although there are two things in there that I have yet to buy, but I'm sure I will at some stage.

I usually spend weekends reviewing things and just have them saved in my computer to post later.

Also when I'm finishing a product or before I chuck it out I do a review, even if it isn't on the site yet I write the review just so I can get all my thoughts down when it is still in front of me rather than try and think of it later.
First Lady
957 posts
Ah the sweet smugness that comes with knowing what's coming... :p  
chikoboo
3402 posts
Nat you tease!!!! And yes I have heaps to do I have a filofax that has a list attached to the inside cover and I've got them all there then I cross it off as I do it. Have been doing 3-7 a week but last week I did 12!! Once I get in the vibe it's almost like autopilot.
trudijoy
8375 posts
nat you are SO lucky that we trust you to follow through on these teasers ;)
MissQT
1547 posts
ooh Nat I can't wait! Like you trudijoy I have a list of products to review. My trouble is that ok so busy I find it hard onto find time NZD sit down to write them! I've started to draft a couple first before I submit them which has helped.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I also didn't know about the Favourites feature in my profile haha, noob.

I have waaaaay too many products waiting to be reviewed. It's just a matter of finding the time, then being in the right mindset when you have the time! Slowly but surely am getting there though.

Eeee so excited for the new sites big reveal! Cannot wait to see all the changes!
Ngahew
152 posts
Ooh that is such a good idea to use the "favourite' area to list items to review. I think that would help me organise my to do list!

Sounds like exciting times a head on the website!!
sunelizabeth
410 posts
ah this is great! I never knew about favourites, I am always forgetting about products that I want to review!
Koni
444 posts
Argh yes I can relate!

This week has been a struggle because I need to be in the right mindset to write a "decent" review that doesn't prompt anyone to report it to BR haha.

Since signing up, I added the 'WRITER'S BLOCK' article by Nat to my favourites list to remind me what readers want to know so I can stop waffling :-)

I also make notes of products as I go along so that I don't forget key things (courtesy of Trudi and Chikoboo's posts some time back) and it makes writing the pile up of reviews a tad less overwhelming :-)
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't reviewed my favourites in a long time. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I keep a eye on the recently added and add the ones I use into my favorites. Then when I'm good I go through all the brands to see what I've started using and haven't reviewed yet

Nat I wanna cuddle you, sprinkle skittles over you and pour you DC
janini9
341 posts
I've hardly done any reviews and so I have a giant list. Got a few assignments to finish and then it will be a marathon effort to get some done. 
Kimrose
1415 posts
I went through my make up last weekend and there is so much to review. I have separated it into "will review" and "have reviewed ". I take 3 products at a time and review them. Sometimes, when I have time I do more, but 3 at a time is my goal.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I hve a few prewritten, waiting for the products to be added to BR and some half done ones that I need to complete bit I keep the list on my favourites alsong with ones I want to try.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I have a lot still to review, I keep them all in my favourites too and delete them out when I'm done. I aim to do about 2-4 reviews a week and always keep a reserve in my favourites to make sure I never run out :-) 

accidentprone_x
845 posts
I also have a lot to do at the moment and was planning on doing some tonight but am going out to dinner for my brothers birthday which is actually tomorrow as it's more convenient for me and my partner
First Lady
957 posts
Ong that might just be the funniest thing I've seen today!  Can't wait to tell The Husband that one! xox
george
150 posts
Ahhh.. I've just started writing a list and it's getting ridiculous! 
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I few months ago I had reviewed all of the products that I wanted to review on the site (all products that I had used and formed an opinion on) but now I have about 10 products I would like to review. I usually review a product when I am excited about the results, that way I type super fast with excitement xx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Nat he will think you bribe me to say such things :)
littleparadise
178 posts
Yes! I have post it notes on my laptop screen, (not actual 'paper' post it notes) but in built on my laptop and that list has easily more than 40 products to be reviewed! I like to keep it to one or two a week, as yes, I feel like I'm going to run out! Eeeek, too scary haha! 
charly
456 posts
I'm trying to review products as I finish them. I put the empties next to The Feeding Chair, then that night when I get woken for my duties as a dairy cow I can write reviews on my iPad for what is there. If it's not on the site yet I write it and save it for later.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I use the favourites list too. I've got a lot to get through, plus I'm waiting on more to be added! It's satisfying getting them done, especially if it's a product with no prior reviews.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Am I the only one who uses the favourites list to place all the items I want to buy? lol   I've been known to email the list to the hubby when its that time of year to buy me a present.  You know as a subtle hint.  =)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
No I do that too chikoboo! Especially when something has been really well reviewed.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
That's EXACTLY what I do Chikiboo!
trudijoy
8375 posts
gremlins?  I just wrote my reply to this twice and it disappeared twice....

testing, testing....

okay this one worked....

third time lucky

Now that I know about my faves list I use it as a combo reviews to write/wishlist.  So it's stuff I own, stuff I have owned and have an opinion on but haven't reviewed, stuff I will buy, stuff I really want and stuff I know is heading my way (comps etc) - just makes it easier to keep track
Macs
5351 posts
I had gone to my favourites to edit it to the stuff I've reviwed. I will go back and add the things I want to buy as they have changed from what I wanted in the past.
simone94
191 posts
I add product I need to review to favorites when I see they have been added to the website, however I do tend to wait until I have completely finished the product before I review it. I have a gift bag sitting next to my makeup station that is collecting my April empties and I will reviews these a couple at a time at the weekends or once the month is over.

Being a tertiary srtudent has been super busy and haven't had the time I would like to spend reviewing products so I currently have a whopping 159 products in my favourites that I need to review, I also want to update my old reviews. May have to set myself a goal of doing a couple of reviews each week.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!