Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Tonight's Menu

484 posts, 17 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaahahaha aw i feel ya. It does get better.. kind of lmao. I hated cooking cos of all the smells, poor mr shaz had to have eggs on toast a looot hahahaha 
trudijoy
8375 posts
lilmonmon herbs!  i'm all about the herbs
shazatron101
5112 posts
Cous cous! And spinach. Make it a salad haha i had it like that in a hellofresh meal thing and i didnt hate it. But the next time i ade it i had it all separate from each other, was much more enjoyable for me!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I love couscous yummmmm
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah thats fair enough as well. I think mine was seasoned chicken vs fresh vege but yeah, it was hella filling haha but.. very very good 

Now i want roasties.. roast tomorrow nomnomnom
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Roast veges sounds yum! I just went and got steak, vanilla bean custard, spring rolls, pea chips and a garlic twist. Soooooo I will see where the night takes me lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
lilmonmon, I don't know if you're aware of the couscous cooking hack.  I use it all the time and my couscous comes out perfect without actually having to "cook" the couscous - I get to do other things while the couscous is 'cooking'. 

For a 2 person serving: 
Place 1 cup cold water into a pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a teaspoon of chicken stock powder.  Bring it to the boil.  Remove the pot from the heat and turn the stove plate off.  While stirring continuously with a fork, add the couscous to the hot stock.  Put a lid on and let it sit for 2 minutes.  Stir in a teaspoon of butter with a fork.  Replace the lid on the pot and put the pot back on the still warm stove plate (do not turn the plate back on).  Leave for 10 - 15 minutes before fluffing the couscous with the fork. The residual heat from the pot and stove plate is enough to cook the couscous.

One of our favourite couscous dishes has roasted pumpkin, diced chicken thighs and feta in it. 

trudijoy
8375 posts
wait, isn't that just the normal way of cooking couscous?  I've never seen it cooked any other way, intrigued now! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap that's pretty much how I do it too, simples. Only other way I know is just pour equal measure of boiling water over couscous, cover and leave for five minutes. Obviously the stove top with stock has more flavour. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I think you can boil the pearl one, I never cook it though, i like  the easy one lol. 

im eating pasta. Past trudi made 12 portions of yum chicken vege pasta sauce last week and froze them. I love past Trudi 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ohhhhhhh i had halloumi recently and my gooooodness it was so good. I want more hahahaha
shazatron101
5112 posts
As for cooking couscous, just to jump in with my 2c lol, i do oil, butter and garlic, then add chicken stock and water, bring to a boil, add couscous, stir once and remove from heat :D tgen fkuff with a fork when ready to serve

Ive never had it fail and im so stoked i like it now cos we eat it once or twice a week now haha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Haloumi is the goods, love love love.

I tried cooking paneer for the first time last year and have cooked it since, yummm
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wish mr shaz would eat it but hes too posh hahahaha aka stuck in his carnivore ways lol 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mr shaz is lucky he's married to you not me or I'd be starving him lol 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
That may be the 'normal' way that you cook couscous.  The couscous I buy has different instructions on the box (says to cook it over low heat for x number of minutes, stirring constantly with a fork).  The first time I ever cooked couscous was about 12 years ago, using the instructions given to me by a chef, also cooking it over low heat and stirring constantly. 

Even when I lived overseas all the instructions on the couscous boxes said to stir it constantly while cooking over low heat.  The ones I've always used are the 'dehydrated' type, so doesn't really need to be 'cooked', just rehydrated really. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hes prob lucky he gets fed at all hahahahahahahahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's always interesting how different cultures and cuisines and regions differ with prep and eating similar foods Silvene! I think the simpler ways get popularised so more people buy and try 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol I'm notorious for not reading instructions on boxes or in manuals so that's probably why I didn't know there was another way. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I cook mine the same way as Shaz does. Though I learnt to cook it that way from ones I got in a Hello Fresh box.

Tonight's dinner will be: Honey-Soy Beef Tacos w/Speedy Pickled Onion & Crushed Peanuts. Dessert will be ( I hope as it's my first attempt at making a mousse from scratch) Orange-Infused Dark Chocolate Mousse Pots w/Almond Butter Crumb.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahaha tabu thats exactly how i learned to cook mine too. Good ol hello fresh

That dinner also sounds deelliisshhh. We're having roast chicken and roastie veges im so EXCITED my potatoes are soft and fluffy and then crispy crunchy on the outside ive finally mastered them :D
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yum I could definitely do with a roast chicken!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ill post you some! Bahahahahaha :p
trudijoy
8375 posts
I was going to make something more cooking-y but got pulled into zoom wines and so I made pizza. Which I'll cook soon lol. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I had to go to the city so I got takeaways :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Tonight's dinner will be: Cheesy Beef Burger & Peppercorn Aioli w/Caramelised Onion & Oven Baked Fries.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I got the new KFC burger......meh wasn't impressed 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Potato and gravy flavoured chips tonight! Hahaha 
tabucutie
1811 posts
What brand is that? Haven't heard of that before.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Heartland.  I think they are limited edition. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've been cooking Mediterranean diet recipes for the past week and a half (in an attempt to get hubby's pre-diabetes back under control). We fell off the wagon a bit over Christmas, and I wasn't 100% happy with the previous meal plans we'd had drawn up.  After doing a bit of research, the Mediterranean diet meals looked like they might benefit him the most, and so far, I've been really impressed.  The recipes have been quick and easy to cook, are loaded with herbs and spices, and they're very tasty. 

Tonight was one-pan roasted drumsticks, green beans & potatoes with an apricot-orange glaze. So yummy. Last night was Courgette, tomato and feta pasta, and the night before, chicken tenders with vegetable couscous. We haven't hit a recipe yet that we haven't liked. I think I've been converted to this Mediterranean diet thing :)  Now to wait and see if his next batch of blood tests show any improvement. 

AboutFace
412 posts
@Silvene, I cook kumara or mash kumara and potato together to lower the carbohydrates. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I LOVE heartland chips!!!! Theyre the best.  Very rarely buy any other brands lol.

Burgers tonight... sossig tomorrow.. then who knows :D
MareeB
5239 posts
I had leftover mashed veg, then I went to work and had chicken and noodles. Mmm and mmmm ...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I was craving vegemite so had vegemite and cheese on vogels toast tonight. It was so good!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hash browns, an egg and now ambrosia. Had an unsatisfying lunch that made us feel ick for the afternoon, disappointing
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Went for a nice long walk this afternoon, then got Sal's Pizza on the way home ... Mmm, it was so good! Such a treat.  I think the last time we had pizza from somewhere was probably about two and a half years ago. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Went to Pataka Kai restaurant last night for buffet dinner. Soo good! It was nice to eat out at a restaurant.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I googled Pataka kai. It sounds cool! It's a hangi buffet? 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Yes it is, super tasty and a good range of food including options for Vegan/keto. Over all worth the price too. Highly recommend if you are in or passing through Rotorua.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Now that my morning sickness has finally stopped woohoo I have been cooking up a storm :-) Yesterday I made bacon and egg pie, a loaf of grainy bread and a banana and walnut cake.  Today I am going to make custard squares for the first time.......they are my absolute favourite so I can't wait.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yaaaaaaay you must be feeling awesome, lisa! So good not feeling sick all day! 

Good luck with the custard squares haha i always bugger mine up lol

I feel like baking but idk what i want which isnt helpful. But I'm gunna try key lime pie next weekend  yyuuummm
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes omg now I'm eating everything in site lol!
Custard squares turned out surprisingly good! 
mmmmm key lime pie sounds good I've never made that.
Lazy lasagna for tea the man is cooking he said.....OMG! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahahahaha yuuuussss ALL THE FOOD!! 

Im glad the custard squares turned out good too. Now.. try not to eat them all haha i can never leave them alone when i do get them right lol

How does one make lazy lasagne? But you arent cooking (if i read that right lol) so YAY
shazatron101
5112 posts
Silverside with roasties, im so hungry so i cant wait!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Satisfied a craving ive had for weeks and gr Chinese buffet :D
MareeB
5239 posts
OMG Lisa - I'm coming to yours! I had packet pasta made with water instead of milk. FYI, doesn't work that well.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We call it lazy lasagna cause we just mix the pasta in with the mince with no layering at all. Then cheese sauce and cheese on top and whack it in the oven lol.
Oh Trudi I have been craving chinese! 
Lol Maree plenty to share :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup was craving for ages but was never near somewhere selling it at the right time. I had chicken and veges (lots of celery and bebe corn), lemon chicken, mapo tofu and wontons.

haha I call the lazy lasagne pasta bake or baked ziti if I'm feeling like making it sound fancier than it is. 

been in a bit of a 'treat myself over Easter' mood after starting my new role on Thursday, all a bit celebratory. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lazy lasagne sounds like my kinda meal! Maybe next week... lol

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!