Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Time to confess

28 posts, 14 members
Kimrose
1416 posts
Ok ladies, time to fess up. What are you really bad at? I will go first, I am terrible at doing my cuticles. They get away on me all the time. I dont really know why as I paint my nails all the time. I need to get better at doing my cuticles. How about you all?
tabucutie
1811 posts
I'm terrible with cuticle care. It doesn't annoy me as much as my hangnails though. In the past I have used those little clipper things but I don't seem to be able to do it correctly and caused an infection once so have never used them again.

Recently i've been bad at not doing my face masks as per usual schedule. Have noticed an unfavourable change in my skin tone but i'm sure I will get back to that soon. I'm atempting to do more full face make up so the end result has not been too good. It's a learning curve..i'm trying lol.
Kimrose
1416 posts
I know it is hard at times to do things the way we should.  Life is busy.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My hair - I know I should probably make more of an effort with it than just wash, comb, air dry, and repeat every 3 days. 

I have shoulder length hair that is naturally stick straight and super fine.  I only go in for a trim once every 6 months, because sitting at the hairdresser is not my idea of fun.  I don’t dye my hair because I can’t be bothered with the upkeep, and I never style my hair because it usually falls flat within an hour anyway.  Most days it’s tied up in a skinny little ponytail or hidden in an octo claw grip (because any attempt at a bun just looks funny due to lack of hair/volume).  If I play with my hair too much it becomes greasy, so I tend to just run my fingers through it quickly before tying it up, and only brush it if I really have to. 
MareeB
5241 posts
My diet. Not losing weight (though I should) but just eating properly at all :(
Kimrose
1416 posts
Silvene, I was always told that if you have super fine hair any shampoo that says volume should be helpful.
Kimrose
1416 posts
Oh Maree, diet! Ugh. I am entertaining that nasty menopause ( for the last 5 years) and no matter what I do or take I cant drop 1 kilo! I have put on about 10kgs over the past 5 years and it seems it is here to stay, and dont get me started on the hot flushes.  :(
MareeB
5241 posts
It's so hard Kim. I don't have the energy to fight myself most of the time.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@kim_rose, sadly I’ve tried numerous “volume” shampoos over the years with not much luck.  The only ones that have worked slightly for me are the L’Oreal Elvive Clay range, and Ethique’s St Clements.  The volume after shampooing only lasts an hour or two.
tannygirl
3392 posts
For me it's my toenails. I neglect them alot especially in the winter when my feet are cold and in socks all the time. During the summer when I'm wearing jandals and no socks (except with sneakers) I paint them every two to three weeks. I'm also kinda negligent in when it comes to filing and cutting my nails because I cook quite a bit and they chip and snag, I mainly just tend to the rips and snags filing or clipping those off. Luckily though my nails are pretty healthy and strong and a decent length most of the time. Atm all ten of them are long.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh yes Tannygirl - feet are easy to ignore (until they hurt for some reason!)
EliseMM
120 posts
I have a bad habit of peeling my nails. It makes them super brittle and thin, but if I see them starting to peel I simply can't help myself :-(

SmileyPisces
253 posts
Many things i’m still learning to get right.. from make up to wardrobe fitting. I just can’t seem to get my eyes done right.. so i never tend to wear eye make up. I also have difficulty matching lip colours to my outfits. If colours don’t match, i rather just go with my bare lips. 

I also neglect areas that also needs skincare, such as my eyes, neck, hands and feet. But i must say i am trying now to improve my hand, feet and eye care. Just need to work on the neck care. 
I badly neglect my feet.  They look so manky, all dry and cracked, but they function just fine, so I never remember to give them some love!
Kimrose
1416 posts
I find my feet a bit of a task lately. I have put on weight with the help of menopause so bending over is a bit of a struggle. I do treat myself to a manicure every so often to help keep them looking nice.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Getting rid of my leg hair. I admit I don't have alot but then it shouldn't take me long to remove it but for some reason I just don't do it. 
Kimrose
1416 posts
I let my leg hair go cray cray in the winter.  I wear long pants for work and change intolong pants at home.
Sophia
203 posts
Hair removal in winter!
and I regret it because epilating after a break is usually quite sore!

Macs
5351 posts
I’m with you Kim. It’s my hands . Especially nails . My work restricts me from getting my nails done . So I just focus on feet . Other than that , hands are my most neglected.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Definitely hair removal in the winter lol (so glad I'm not the only one).
MareeB
5241 posts
Urg me too. Shaved today but it'll probably the last time for a while!
thirtywinks
60 posts
I think more than epilating my legs (which I can still remember to do), I'm really bad at hair removal for my upper lip. I used to go to the salon to have it threaded but I cry every.single.time. I learned how to do threading myself so I can do it slowly at home, but I swear even after doing it for many years now it's as bad as when I did it the first time. So bad that I actually just thread the ones on the side and leave out the really fine/thin hair above my cupid's bow because that one kills me (also because it's barely noticeable). LOL
MareeB
5241 posts
That bit above the cupid's bow hurts with waxing too thirtywinks!
Kimrose
1416 posts
I use a cream for those tender areas
tannygirl
3392 posts
   For some reason waxing the mou hurts more than going smooth in the lady garden. I used to wax the mou now I just tweeze whatever fine or slightly darker hairs I can see, but I always find more of them once I've done my makeup and am somewhere where I don't have tweezers.
Tattooprincess
68 posts
For me, it’s eyebrows! I have neatly drawn fine brows (hate the bushy brow trend!) but I hardly remember to pluck them, so it probs looks dreadful with all the strays - I used to do a quick pluck every day, but now I just CBF!!!

triffid
151 posts
Hmm after reading this its actually interesting how we all have similar problems.Wonder if BR can do a wee article/product reccomend etc for Feet,Cuticles,Winter care(I recon Ileave my skin and hairy bits to recover over winter)                Advice needs to be super easy and quick

For the feet I trialled a scholl battrey power foot tool thad grinds of the dry skin and learned to do this once a week when I had them sorted.I do keep a cream to use after that.
Cuticles are a problem for my hands and feet
tannygirl
3392 posts
   For foot calluses it used to be a big deal for me because I would leave them and then try to grate and sand everything off once a month. Then some years back when I was doing New Year's resolutions I decided I would put a pumice in the shower and at the end of my shower once my heels and soles were softened a bit I would use a pumice.

It was the once NY resolution that I made a good change on that year.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!