Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

106 posts, 27 members
siouxsannah
261 posts
I wasn't going to get anything in this vault because I have hardly any points. I decided to take alook at what was there at 11.50, just out of curiosity, and there were still things available. I had just enough points for two items that I am quite excited for. Thanks BR!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I love reading vault stories, everyone is so happy and grateful! It sounds like everyone got something new to play  with too :-D
Lisaanne
72 posts
Not everyone shazatron, just like the last vault all my items were taken out of my cart and given to other member while I was in the middle of entering my payment details and address.  After this  now happening on two separate vaults and everyone saying last time...dont worry there will be another vault I'm beginning to think only the favored ones actually manage to buy anything with their hard earned points. Having items removed from your cart while you're paying for them should not be happening...its mean spirited and quite frankly pisses people off. Thankfully I didnt waste hours of my time doing reviews in the lead up to this vault. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I’m sorry to hear you had another bad vault experience, Lisaanne.  

From my understanding, I think members only get X number of minutes from when the first item is added to their cart until completing the checkout process.  If you go over this allocated time, the cart is automatically emptied and it doesn’t matter where in the process you are.  I could be wrong though.  

I doubt that it’s a case of someone being spiteful and specifically removing items from your cart to give to another member.  I know from past experience that the quicker items are added into the cart, the better chance of getting everything put in there.  That’s why we get vault previews, so we can make shopping lists and be in and out in literally a few minutes.  
trudijoy
8375 posts
I woke up in time and hadn't had my visit yet (staying with a friend whose 3yo loves to question me about all the things, so cute) so managed to grab a set of the magnetic lashes after rocking them in my 'Egyptian princess' look at the staff Xmas party. 

lisaanne it sucks that this hasn't worked for you again but I find it very hard to believe that they deliberately take things off you to give to other ppl. I've been disappointed before but that's a bit too far to accuse them of imo.

Lisaanne
72 posts
Yes there is a time limit to check out and when you're site is glitching due to heavy traffic  is seems extremely unfair to have such a short time setting for check out. 

I wasn't meaning sone one was being spiteful and I never said that! I was meaning it's unfair to have only a couple of minutes to check out on a day of heavy traffic. 

This site keeps going because of the members who do reviews for the site, it is unfair when members are rewarded with points to use in the vault....and then the vault has really short time frames resulting in members having their carts emptied during check out. The points are worthless when they cant even be redeemed.

The check out time could be set to 15 minutes...that would be a lot fairer for everyone. I mentioned this after the last vault but nothing has changed. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I stand corrected! Some of us got new pretties!

I do wonder how many people had issues this time around, perhaps it was just your browser/device?
Lisaanne
72 posts
Trudijoy...there is a very short time to check out before anything in your cart is emptied and put back up for others to grab. With the heavy traffic and clitches happening some times it's impossible to check out in a couple of minutes.

They could set check out time to 15 minutes and make it fairer for everyone. 

All I am accusing them of is having  an extremely short time set in check out...that is actually a fact...

trudijoy
8375 posts
Mine took foreverandages to go to checkout but went through. 

I do agree that vaults are the benefit offered for reviews however I personally feel that sitting on a half full cart waiting for this isn't fair either, so I kinda get it 
Lisaanne
72 posts
I have never sat on a half full cart 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Not how it read, lisaanne, with comments about 'favoured people' etc but I remember you being very upset last time too so I'm sure you are frustrated. 

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisaanne it's best to email your concerns directly to the beauty crew, thanks. 
Lisaanne
72 posts
I emailed directly last time which made  no difference. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisaanne, I understand your frustration but let's try to keep this thread positive otherwise I'll need to close it off 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have had nooooo time to review so very few points, 1/4 of which were thanks to a lovely moderator! But I'm on the maybelline trial so that may kick start the next set.

i thought this was a pretty good vault, only looked around 9.05 ish bc I've flown home today but I thought it was varied etc. happy as a happy thing with my lashes, love the first set so much that getting a second (hopefully not the khloes again so I can try a new style!) is rad
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also shazatron was there no goat soap this time?  I always look out for it for you lol
Lisaanne
72 posts
Yes let's keep it positive, god forbid it be made public how some members are being treated.

And a heads up for anyone else with gripes, if you complain you no longer get accepted for trial teams...as I found out after complaining about the short check out time after the last vault. No more invites in my inbox, no more emails in my inbox.  Trudijoy...not that I'm saying that is favoritism, but that is exactly what it is. 

I guess i just dont understand why a website which relies on their members for survival then puts things in place to peeve off it's members and stops them from redeeming the points they have earned. Other review sites dont do this. 
Susilia
484 posts
I could’ve shopped the vault, I was working, but we weren’t busy like we usually are, so came to check in and every time I looked there were a good bunch of stuff available throughout the day, looked like they were restocking some goodies.
I didn’t get anything though as I totally didn’t plan for me having breaks at work, didn’t want a rushed haul.

Trudi, I’m on the maybelline trial too, so more points coming our way, yayy, I don’t have lots at the moment. 
Did you get any further emails since the first one?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisaanne, I've been a member for five years and haven't had a trial for about 18 months now. They are looking for certain groups for trials and it could just be that you (or I) just don't fit the demographic. There's not much more we can say to you as fellow members. Please email the beauty crew if you want to keep discussing your concerns. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
No Trudi, no goat soap, so sad. But now it meand i can buy direct from Udderly Pure and try e v e r y t h i n g 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha, nice one Shazatron. 
First Lady
957 posts
Hi all,

Just a quick message before Christmas movie time with the boys!

The Beauty Vault has evolved a lot over the last 6 years.  I still have nightmares over the first one where we had no idea the insane server load we would encounter!

We've tinkered away, tweaking here and there and we're at the point where the system, on a whole works.  This doesn't mean we dont encounter oversells (we've discussed the cause of these openly many times on the forum).

We've grown from a site of a few thousand members to a site of nearly 50k.  Some come to read reviews, some write, some get really involved and we come to know you like friends.  But as with any large group of people, we cant please every body all of the time, and to be honest it would be silly to try.  We do what works for the majority.

This morning's vault was a huge success, with the lowest number of payment gateway issues ever.   Payment gateway issues are out of our hands - they can be caused by a number of things such as people hitting back on their browser (maybe they want one last look) or internet connections (especially data) dropping slightly during the process.  We have no control over this and we know its disappointing - we'd be disappointed too.

Also, thanks for the support ladies, and we would hope it goes without saying, but some of you won't have experienced the Beauty Crew as much as others - any vault hiccups are just that, random, untargeted errors caused by technology or mortal human error (like my counting...)

We work so hard to bring the Vault to you and it can be a bit disheartening to be accused of untoward conduct.  

Right.  The movie has started without me so I better sign off! 

Nat x

shazatron101
5112 posts
Enjoy your movie!! And (probable) snuggles!!
Susilia
484 posts
If it makes you feel better I haven’t been on a trial team for about 3 years, this maybelline one was a long awaited one for me! Definitely nothing to do with your complaining I think!!

Try the vault tomorrow, but on your phone, on safari, it’s the one that works best for me! I’ll be crossing my fingers for you!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Have a lovely relaxing night Nat! You deserve it x
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nothing for me for over a year and now on the Maybelline trial. It is what it is but maybe because you left for a while your account wasnt super active? 

Not sure but there's a sense of rejuvenation around BR atm that I'm completely here for, loving some of the changes 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I reckon its cos of the spam, or lack of lol. Kinda miss it. Kinda strongly dont hahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Susilia nah just a few from Nat who was amazing and double checked the products so we could be sure the chemical I'm allergic to wasn't in the brow one.

im not expecting FUP on it until next week as it's the weekend now and they'll have been waiting until places were full I think 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shhhhh shaz don't summon it back 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol i know i have freaky deaky mind powers but i dont think im that good ;-P or bad cos spam bad lol
Susilia
484 posts
Thanks Trudi, I was just a tad worried as I haven’t heard anything else since accepting the invitation, kinda forgot how these things go. :) 

Omg, I so forgot about the spams, like now I remember only because they just got mentioned, lol!?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oooh.. i see shiny new things... and i am determined to have that red lippy! Will i get it? Will this be my first MAC product!?... tune in tomorrow ;-P (i hope so, it looks gorgeous!!)
First Lady
957 posts
I KNOW SHAZ!!

The MAC holiday collection is just so blinging.  I've loaded up the starting quantities and have put the vault to bed for the night. 

I wish you speedy fingers and a sleeping babba for 9am!  

xoxoxoxo
Susilia
484 posts
Fingers crossed for you Shaz, I hope you’ll get it!!! ;) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Night night vault!

lol shes usually awake by 8 so we have cuddles while i wake up hahaha
shazatron101
5112 posts
Aw man i think i missed it! Poo. Oh well. Happy vaulting ladies!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lots of MAC and a few new hair tools! Nothing for me bc I spent all my points on one thing yesterday and I'm happy, but anyone who has points today may have scored an epic haul 
Helibabi
101 posts
Thanks for another great vault ladies! After a huge makeup cull you have let me regenerate my stash for a fraction of the price eep. So exciting! Thank you thank you thank you :) 
First Lady
957 posts
Lordy there's not enough tea in the world for how fast the Vault moves.

We had orders in at the 9.01 mark, it never ceases to amaze me.

We'l be topping up quantities so you never know your luck.  If it's like yesterday,  few key listings had people lurking and refreshing all morning, so it is a game of luck for some drop ins.  

Xxx

shazatron101
5112 posts
Mmm tea. Im enjoying one right now while madam has her milk! 
lifeissupa
35 posts
Missed out. On limited data no wifi its out. Bring on next time
pingalulu
26 posts
Thanks for a great vault guys, I just managed to get a MAC lipstick and some other goodies!!

We all appreciate how much effort goes into launching something like this for your members. Bit of postage cost is absolutely nothing when it comes to a discounted make up haul. 

Thanks again Queens!

XOXO 

MareeB
5241 posts
Oooh I forgot about the vault this morning so only just went in, and got the ampoules I wanted! Thank you thank you thank you BR xxxx
First Lady
957 posts
Those ampoules are incredible! I have a couple stashed for a skin care emergency haha.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I cant believe theres so much awesome stuff still in the vault! 
First Lady
957 posts
So many goodies!

And did anyone notice the 5Q hairdyers are in for around $80 less than retail?!  So good!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
So many amazing things! I don't have many points so sat this one out but I still keep looking lol!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh what no way!? Thats a bargain!!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I sat this one out I hope everyone was able to get at least one thing they really wanted.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well annoyingly, i can't get that damned red lipstick out of my head. And the last time that happened was with a ring, and now its sitting pretty on my hand hahahahahahaha (so guess what im buying today bahahaha)

I am glad (nearly) everyone had a good vault experience once again, i know my saturday adventure was excellent. 

And now for the weather, absolutely crap and i can hear Mr Whippys siren song outside, tempting and calling to me. Firstly rude! secondly, in this weather!? Madness

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!