Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Welcome to

Beauty Review

Want to be advised of trial teams we’re running, giveaways, great beauty offers and competitions? Sign up to receive our newsletter now, it’s easy.

The st Tropez tan from the vault

8 posts, 6 members
  trudijoy
REVIEW EXPERT
(6075 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
Just wondering if anyone’s slept with this on? I’ve double coated it and it’s been on three hours and it’s still quite light; debating washing off before bed vs in the morning
  kim_rose
REVIEW EXPERT
(932 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
If it is the first time using this product I would follow the instructions.  For me it is like a recipe, for the first time I follow the directions, then adapt it to my liking.
  trudijoy
REVIEW EXPERT
(6075 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
I use mousse tanner all the time so I can judge the result pretty well; usually use bondi sands though (my HG tan <3) but this is a lot more subtle
  shazatron101
REVIEW EXPERT
(3291 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
i slept with it on. i was wary of doing so cos i didn't want to look like an oversaturated oompa loompa but i just came out looking normal and not overly tanned at all. maybe once it's washed off like they say it will 'work' over the next 8 hours or whatever. i dunno. i didn't like it that much. did it work for you?
  Macs
REVIEW EXPERT
(5030 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
Sounds good aye. I’ll try and get one in the next vault . Hopefully one is in there.
  trudijoy
REVIEW EXPERT
(6075 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
ended up double coating and leaving it for 5 hours and i got an okay colour out of it, def not switching to this from bondi sands though!
  MissQT
REVIEW EXPERT
(1532 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
I've used this and Bondi sands and I agree with you and prefer Bondi. When I used st tropez I washed it off as per instructions and afterwards my skin looked like normal and not even the slightest bit tanned. It does develop more over time and mine became a light tan (I think I left mine on for just over 2 hours) and I applied a gradual tanner (oasis) on top for extra oomph. I'd say this product works best if you leave it to develop over time, so your suggestion of leaving it in overnight might work.
  sarahellaoverton
REVIEW EXPERT
(103 posts)
REVIEW EXPERT
  • edit post
Hmm, sounds like it needs quite a bit of effort to make it work!

New?

to find out why you
should join New Zealand's largest beauty website

Click here

Beauty Poll

See all
Are You Currently Using MANUKA HONEY Beauty Products?

Are You Currently Using MANUKA HONEY Beauty Products?

I am - I'll tell you what in the comments!

view results

Review of the Day
emilyplum78
La Roche Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel and Duo Plus
These products work as a 2 step programme to effectively control oily and… more »