Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% High Strength Vitamin and Mineral Blemish Formula

10 posts, 5 members
Mandy17
25 posts
Hi Ladies,

Your thoughts appreciated!

I've read a rather concerning article on the Niacinamide product above and
only just bought this a few weeks ago from Farmers.

Not sure if these products have been safely regulated for our use here in NZ or if we need to be concerned ( thats if you use any of them).

The article in the Phillipines reads "FDA warns public vs purchase, use of 3 The Ordinary Skincare products"
And it lists the 3 products - see below
It goes onto say The FDA said that “potential hazards may come from ingredients that are not allowed to be part of a cosmetic product or from the contamination of heavy metals.” It added that “the use of substandard and possibly adulterated cosmetic products may result to adverse reactions including, but not limited to, skin irritation, itchiness, anaphylactic shock, and organ failure.”

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1460239/fda-warns-public-vs-purchase-use-of-three-the-ordinary-skincare-products#ixzz70mlu34vB

Im just concerned if these are legit products.
I've tried the Ordinary's website but its not easy to email them to question the article, seems to be customer contact is via an international phone number.
[list]
[*]The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% High-Strength Vitamin and Mineral Blemish Essence
[*]The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
[*]The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
[*] 

[/list]
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I would hope that all products on sale in New Zealand are regulated! Might be worth you researching what the American FDA has to say about these products as they are pretty strict.

I recently threw out the peel that is on the list. Even as someone who uses acid toners almost daily, I found the formula far too hash. I'm not a huge fan of the brand. If you want something similar, I prefer The Inkey List. Not sure if you can buy them in New Zealand though. I get them from Cult Beauty. They're quite handy to add to cart when you need to spend a little bit more to get free shipping lol. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Just remembered you can get The InkeyList at Sephora but they are usually out of stock of the most popular items. 
Mandy17
25 posts
You would hope so but im not convinced.
Thanks for the alternative suggestion i will look it up as use Sephora.
i thought best let everone know so they are aware.
The Ordinary Niacinamide is the first product of their ive used unless i find out something to the contrary it will be my last
Millyw
63 posts
Oh wow thanks for sharing that! I have used the ordinary niacinamide but won't again now. I've actually just bought the essano 10% niacinamide and I'm liking it much more anyway, just for another reasonably priced alternative!
Mandy17
25 posts
Good to know Essano have one i will try it thanks for that and its NZ so even better!
i have bough a few Essano products of late im really liking. 
Digging deeper into the past of "The Ordinary" im certainly not liking  what I read!
I wont purchase anymore of their products - it was the first one i bought too
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
There was a lot of drama and controversy under the original founder of The Ordinary which was certain,y off putting. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Great to know. I was just looking at buying some vitamin c products from The Ordinary.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
There's a LRP vitamin c in the vault you can grab instead! 
Kimrose
1415 posts
Oh wow! Thanks for the information,  interesting reading

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!