Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

38 posts, 16 members
Sonnies
137 posts
Has anyone tried the ordinary producks i see is very popular and not very expensive. Only thing i can see what will work for my skin as it doensent really say on the package
MareeB
5244 posts
I haven't Sonnies, but it's on my list of things to do.
Sonnies
137 posts
They really look amazing maree and i see farmers have them in store now so really tempted to try it out
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I’ve tried a few things, some I liked better than others. If you have a look on their website, it gives you guides to putting a regime together. 
MareeB
5244 posts
I shopped at Farmers today but didn't look at beauty products - just clothes buying.
Sonnies
137 posts
Oe they had great specials today at farmers maree
Sonnies
137 posts
Thanks sooszi ill go and have a look
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I brought The Ordinary products from Adore Beauty. Farmers only have them in selected stores (not near me), and don’t have a very big range online. For a little over $100, I brought a cleanser, anti-aging serum, an eye serum, Hyaluronic Acid, lactic Acid and moisturiser- I used the online chat function to ask one of their staff for help in picking the right items for my skin type - it’s really confusing otherwise.

theres a few more products I want to try, before I settle on which ones to continue using, but I think I’ve got the basics sorted. I literally use 3 drops of the serums and acids, and just one drop of the eye serum is ample for both eyes - each bottle is like a glass medicine bottle with a dropper, so you don’t accidentally pour out more than you need! I feel like my skin is so well moisturised, I actually use 2/3 less moisturiser than when I used other brands before!

since purchasing them in mid September, I’ve not used any other brands products on my face (except a cleanser I have in the shower that was almost new when I changed to The Ordinary). My face is clearing up (although I do need to get something to target occasional breakouts), my pores are definitely reduced, my skin is smoother (with only an acid to exfoliate) and my face is cleaner and less oily and fine lines around my eyes seem to be reducing.

I'll definitely be sticking to The Ordinary products.
Sonnies
137 posts
I also love their producks i am using the hyloroc acid aha and my skin is glowing there is stil a few i want to try. Buy for the price this brand is amazing. I also saw it on ador beauty but read reviews thay people were strugling to get their orders prom this online store
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I hadn’t seen anything about people struggling to get their orders - I ordered mine late on a Monday afternoon and got my parcel on the Thursday- was impressed considering it came from Australia.

there is a few other places to order from, check out Trade Me - I used Adore because they had Olaplex, which I purchased at the same time - but also the best pricing. Heaps of free samples (most of which I’ve given away, as I’m wanting to just use The Ordinary).
Sonnies
137 posts
Thats great news i will denatley give it a try then
tannygirl
3392 posts
I also really like the Ordinary. I've gotten fantastic results with quite a few of the products I've used. My staples are the Buffet, the Granactive Retinoid Emulsion, the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 2% and the Gylcolic Acid Toner. I have other products I want to try from them. I was really hooked on the Vitamin C suspensions but then discovered vitamin C powder from other brands and was hooked. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I did a couple of orders ages ago when they were being talked about heaps on the forum. I like The Buffet,  Hyaluronic Acid and a couple others but I jump around brands so much I haven't used any for a while. I like it but prefer using less products these days. 
Sonnies
137 posts
What vitamin c powder are you uring tannygitl 
Sonnies
137 posts
I havent try the buffet yet think i might get it next 
Lisaanne
72 posts
I swear this skincare range has completely changed my life! It's beyond amazing. 
Tattooprincess
68 posts
What do you use Lissane?

I use, as well as  their cleanser and moisturiser, The Buffet, Hyaluronic Acid (which I wanted to try after reading an article on Beauty Review), Coffee Serum and Lactic Acid. I do need something for occasional breakouts, but haven’t decided on what to get yet.
Sonnies
137 posts
Lissaan nice to see you back. What do you use from the brand
Sonnies
137 posts
I heard the chemical peel is also very nive tatooprincess
Lisaanne
72 posts
Currently I'm using hyaluronic acid serum in the morning, followed by The Ordinary moisturiser (which also contains HA and is the best moisturiser I've ever used!) Then at night I'm using 0.5% Retinol, but not the Granactive one which isn't as effective, and I use either rosehip oil on top or The Ordinary moisturiser. My next buy will be the caffeine serum which some beauty experts are saying is the best under eye serum in the world currently...I need that! 

I spent the last 5 years moving to a fully natural skincare regime and then after talking to skin experts and reading endless literature in the subject I have realised while it's nice for the soul to feel you're only using natural products on your skin and while they make the surface of the skin feel soft for a while they have zero effectiveness when it comes to anti aging and skin replenishing and renewal...for that you need the chemicals. 
Lisaanne
72 posts
Oh but I still use one natural product and that is for cleansing. I use the Trilogy Oil Cleanser because it's the most incredible cleanser I've ever used!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The chemical peel is very effective Sonnys but I wouldnt' exactly say that it's nice to use lol.
Sonnies
137 posts
Sounds like you have a very nice colection lisaann i bought the niacinamide 10% +zinc1%  today i habe heard lots of great stufd about it. Cant wait to tru it. I have been using the hyaluronic acid 2% b5 for a while now amd my skin look ans feel great
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I agree with you re chemical vs natural Lisaane. The whole debate seems to have gotten out of control lately. I mean, at the end of the day everything is a chemical, including water lol. (labmuffin has some good posts and videos on this)
Susilia
484 posts
I might be in the minority, but the ordinary products didn’t wow me at all. :(
I nearly finished my niacinamide and zinc serum and I didn’t notice any difference to my skin at all, now just using it to use it all up.
Recently started using the B5 and HA serum and the same, can’t see/feel/notice anything different to when I don’t use it.
Only thing I like from them is the marula oil.

Lots of people rave about the ordinary products, but personally they don’t do much for me sadly. :/ 
Johanna
38 posts
Wow some good chat about the ordinary range! I'm looking for a new go to for fading lines and crow's feet. I recently tried the Loreal vitality laser x3 serum and I have to say it hasn't wowed me in the anti aging department although it's highly rated on here. This was the serum only that I've tried. Might have to check out the ordinary brand
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Sonnies I was using the one from Tailor Skincare and then I tried the one from Good Molecules. I saw good results using the one from Tailor Skincare but the grains are a bit larger and need a bit more layers of a watery skincare product to disolve. The one from Good Molecules is super fine and disolves really quickly and it's only like 8 or 9 USD on Beautylish for a good sized jar, but it doesn't have the COQ10 that the Tailor one does. I found I got alot more mileage out of a vitamin C powder as opposed to a vitamin C serum. Also with the powders I had hardly any tingling with the Good Molecules one and none with the Tailor Skincare one, I can't say that about the Ordinary's Vitamin C suspensions. All three products did brighten my skin. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Personally I prefer the Hada Labo Hylauronic Acid lotions and emulsions to the Ordinary's one but I do have some HA in the Buffet. I like to layer them on after I applied my serum and vitamin C powder in the morning as the watery lotion helps disolve any leftover vitamin C granules (as in the case the Tailor skin one) and hydrate my skin. 
keelyg
3 posts
One of my colleaugues swears by it.  I see EziBuy are stocking it as well now, and they always seem to have a deal on.  Might be a way to try it at a reduced price!
clairypie
2 posts
If you are really into skincare and like The Ordinary you should look in to NIOD. It is also from the Deciem company but is more "cutting edge" and are mixes rather than individual ingredients (and so is more expensive too).
Tattooprincess
68 posts
Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link (perhaps someone can let me know if it's ok and I will post it), there is a podcast by Adore Beauty, and they interview someone from Deciem (who make The Ordinary and Noid) and it's quite interesting if you are trying to work out what products to use.
The ordinary products are amazing and super affordable and I love how simple the ingredients are and each product is straight to the point. I've definitely learned heaps about skincare and good chemicals and bad chemicals once I started used the ordinary. 
WinnyPuch
4 posts
does anyone have a discount/promo code on ordinary products? please, share it)
WinnyPuch
4 posts
and some guide for right choosing
Kimrose
1419 posts
I was given a serum and loved it, just wonderful.  I have decided to give this range a good try, so once I have used the skincare products I have I will be going to The Ordinary 
MareeB
5244 posts
I've read a bit about it lately and I'm keen to try it too Kim.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've used it quite a bit - but I'm very basic in what I use for skincare. I like that you can be as basic or as complicated as you want with the ordinary. 
(side note - I've stopped buying heaps of skincare. Realised that buying the stuff doesn't actually make you remember to use it!)

Farmers have a beginners pack with their squalane cleanser, Hyaluronic acid, and moisturiser which is a great place to start. Then you can add in other things to do with your specific requirements. 
Toni-Lee
503 posts
So I purchased the following products and then emailed the names of them to The DECIEM team online and they came back with this routine, which was very helpful. They also mentioned alot of other information that made sense. So I would recommend emailing them if you need help :)

AM
Squalane Cleanser
“Buffet”
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
SPF

PM1 (4x pw)
Squalane Cleanser
“Buffet”
Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

PM2 (3x pw)
Squalane Cleanser
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!