Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

The importance of Paragraphs

11 posts, 9 members
Imoshen
461 posts
SoIjustreadthereviewsofOlayandwasdisappointedtoseesomereviewsthataren'tusingparagraphs.Allyouseeisawalloftextthathurtstheeyesandmakeyougo"what?"andmoveontothenextone.Usingparagraphsbreaksthatupandmakesthingsmorepleasanttoreadmuchlikefacetofaceconversationhasgesturesandbodylanguageforyourbraintoworkon,whitespaceisjustasimportant.Totheladiesthatdon'tuseparagraphs,pleasegobackoveryourreviewsandseehowharditistoreadagainstthosethatuseparagraphs.Itwouldbegreatifyoucouldeditthemsotheyareeasiertoread.

Thank you for reading this very tongue in cheek post and I hope it points something out :).
shazatron101
5112 posts
I couldn't actually read any of what you wrote because it's all one big long word?! or is it just me :P
Macs
5351 posts
I can read what you wrote, only because I have nieces and nephews that write on face book like that lol 

Imoshen
461 posts
Awwww Macs, you saw right through my evil plan to bring grammar to the internetz.

Those meddling kids!  *scooby doo reference*.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I can/could read it! it was going off the screen and that was my issue - its going back and forth but yes I agree, walls of text are very irritating :P
Chaotic82
522 posts
I think part of the problem is that when you hit enter thinking you have made a break it doesn't work and connects it back up to the last sentence.  I did that for awhile until I realised that you have to hit enter twice to get the break.
I can sometimes be found guilty of this but it's usually because I've had issues loading my comment and since I can't save it then I end up rewritting it 2 or 3 times and by the 3rd time it's like get on the page already. I'm Thinking it's my phone that may have been the issue haven't had it from the tablet .... yet. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm sometimes guilty of not using paragraphs. But the lack of spacing between words is what makes it really annoying to try and read.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ba ha ha after 10 hours at work, that was a total blur and I gave up trying to read it lol.  Good way to capture our interest though and yes it does drive you bonkers.  I try to paragraph my reviews but I'm sure I've made a few mistakes in the past myself oops lol.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Lol love this post! At least using numbers in the middle of words like "gr8" seems to have gone out of fashion.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh yes Kirsty, I agree - those things drive me crazy! I prefer paragraphs too, anything too long and verbose (do you like that -  'verbose'? #wordoftheday) makes me  scroll down or turn the page, my ADD can't take it :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!