Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

That One Product

46 posts, 29 members
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I know you ladies are probably totally sick of hearing from me, but I just love hearing you all talk about products you love (and hate). So what's that one product for you that you feel like once you buy, your beauty life is complete again? I live with my father, step mum and brothers and I don't generally bother choosing any shampoos or anything. But a couple of months ago my step mum chose the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration S&C in the blue bottles and I fell in love. But then she got one of the Naked ones that smells like lavender last time and it just didn't compare. So today while doing groceries Dad let me pick up the other shampoo again and I can already feel the difference in my hair. It's like my beauty routine is complete again!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Mine would have to be red lippy!!  It doesn't have to be any particular brand but atm I love Velourlips by Australis.  I am complete when I have my red lippy with or without a face full of makeup.  It makes me, me! :D
tannygirl
3392 posts
BadIndieGamer I've used that exact set and it smells gorgeous. If you read my review on those items there's a short story thrown in with the review. For me it's serum and spf moisturizer. I can't live without those products and wonder how I got along without them. Serums I'll try different brands and spf moisture Oasis Apple a Day is my fave, although I'll use other natural spf moisturizers if they're gifted to me or there's a really good sale or gwp.

For makeup it's eyeliner and always been eyeliner. I've got slits for eyes and sparse, stubby lashes so it's my friend. And for years I wouldn't leave the property or be seen in public without it. Maybelline Unstoppable Smudge-proof eyeliner was a staple until I discovered Eye of Hourus and that's now my holy grail.
Kia
550 posts
I always have to have a black head cleanser! I feel so icky and horrible without it, so I make sure I stock up well before the end of the first bottle! 
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I neeeed Garnier BB cream. I honestly don't think I could live without it. So funny that I hunt out makeup to make me look like I'm not wearing makeup
tannygirl
3392 posts
Ash I had a friend who had the exact same views with makeup. And she was always looking for the nudest and shearest shades of lipstick and was wearing white eyeshadow since she didn't want to look like she was wearing makeup. The less you could see a lippy on her the more she loved it. Probably the only dark makeup item she had in her collection was mascara and I don't remember if she owned an eyeliner. Her view was what's the point of wearing makeup if you can see it.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I found my perfect BB Cream recently (Skin79 Classic Balm) and honestly I don't think I could live without it anymore. Any decent coverage foundations seem to stick to my dry patches so having this BB Cream that has awesome yet natural looking coverage AND makes my pores practically invisible was such a miracle for me.
notjaya
62 posts
I'm all about skincare so it has to be Antipodes Divine Face Oil for me. It's my saviour!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Mine is definitely LUSH's Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo. I love the way it smells and it makes my hair feel soooo clean and look super shiny. It's easily one of my favourite beauty products. 
1139 posts
I was thinking that I don't have a product like this, but then I remembered that I miss my MAC brow pencil every time I go to do my brows. I have some amazing brow products from elf, Maybelline, Physician's Formula and even Blinc but for some reason the MAC brow pencil just makes my makeup collection feel complete. Good thing I have one on the way (I paid for it last year so doesn't count for my no spend)!

I also feel like I will feel incomplete if my ZA oil cleanser ever runs out. I may have to just deal with it as I use up my millions of brand new cleansers instead...
Kellie
570 posts
For me it would be Revlon's Photoready concealer.  I managed to misplace it the other day, and I'm not going to lie, my heart got all thumpy on it.  Found it the next day though, phew!
g1ggles2
358 posts
For the last years its been my Mary Kay eye make up remover.
Actually dont think i could live without it anymore.
I have tried others and nothing comes close to how amazing this feels or how effective!
Macs
5351 posts
I'm terrible with sticking to brands. My favourite shampoo has been tresseme moisture. But I definately would try the ons you've mentioned.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Mine would be Eye of Horus mascara, I just love how it makes my lashes look. Nothing else compares <3
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I need brow products. Even if I have no other makeup on, I fill in my brows.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
This is such a tough decision, although it makes me think of last month when I didn't wear my Lancome Pink Bon Bon (brighter than Candy Yum Yum pink) for two weeks and stuck to nude lipstick. As soon as I put it back on again I swear my whole face of makeup improved and I felt like myself again. xx
Rezee
1964 posts
I really don't think I have a fave product in anything that I can't live without. I love trying out different brands products and probably just haven't come across any holy grails yet.
I do feel really lost without my brows done so I'd feel  super lost without some kind of pencil or kit to do them!
kirstysays
762 posts
For me it would be the St Ives apricot face scrub!  I neeeeeed to use that at least once a week haha.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Ummm that's hard. Eye of Horus mascara. It makes my eyelashes sing and dance when they are wearing it
AmandaJane
1147 posts
St Ives scrub is one of my favorite products too. It really helps keep my skin clear of blackheads etc and I only use it a couple of times a week. It really made a big difference :)
Macs
5351 posts
pomkiwi have to agree with about St Ives. I've always used their scrubs and bodywashes. I wish they had made some day and night creams as well. My mum loved to use their Oatmeal Body lotion.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I love St Ives! I especially love the fact that they have so many different scrubs for different skin concerns and they all have different intensities of exfoliation. I used the anti ageing one for such a long time because it was gentle enough to not upset my skin but still exfoliated enough to help me. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I love St Ives! I especially love the fact that they have so many different scrubs for different skin concerns and they all have different intensities of exfoliation. I used the anti ageing one for such a long time because it was gentle enough to not upset my skin but still exfoliated enough to help me. 
sunelizabeth
410 posts
After a lot of thought (great question!) I think I have to say Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day cream. My skin loves it so much. It is so hydrating, smells incredible (!!!!) and is super pampering.
sunelizabeth
410 posts
After a lot of thought (great question!) I think I have to say Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day cream. My skin loves it so much. It is so hydrating, smells incredible (!!!!) and is super pampering.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
That sounds like something I would absolutely looooove!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I can't pick one I've tried but I can't do it its just I have a few favourites that I can't be without 
how sad is that.  
kirstysays
762 posts
@sunelizabeth I have been eyeing up that vanilla day cream for ages!  It looks divine.  When I have made a dent in my stash of creams I will definately be getting that one :) 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I probably have a few, like my Benefit They're Real, my Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara, my Milani Baked Blushes, my MUD red lipstick, Garnier Charcoal scrub... I won't go on.
I'm bold lippy too
without my bold lippy i wouldn't be me
I also feel similar about haircut/colour
i have to have it a certain way to feel complete... and them feels when i do  have it right are just.... *sigh of relief*
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Yes that vanilla day cream is so nice argh there's too many 
sunelizabeth
410 posts
kirstysays- you can buy a little pack of a mini vanilla pod cream and the divine face oil from health shops. It's a great way to test it before buying the full sized pot (which is quite pricey).
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yes Antipodes Vanilla Pod Day Cream is amazing. It moisturizes and feel so light on the skin. I gifted one to my sister for her birthday the year before last and then she ran out last year and asked me where to get more and I told her online sites or Farmers and she came back and told me it was $50 and I said "Now you see how generous I was." And she was like "Why? I loved and so expensive to repurchase." She had acne pimple prone skin and did a fairly physical job in customer service. So if you have acne prone skin and don't like the feeling of oil on your skin it's fantastic for that. Another one that's a tad cheaper is Tailor Moisture if you have oily and sensitive skin it's fabulous for that.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
How long does this day cream generally last you lovely ladies? I really really want to get one now!
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I love my Clinique dramatically different moisturiser, so hydrating and perfect for my sensitive skin.
kirstyj
1732 posts
For me it would have to be my MAC mineralize skinfinish natural powder. It is one of the first beauty products I ever bought. On my no makeup makeup days I love it buffed into the skin by itself. On normal makeup days I put it over my foundation to set it. It never looks powdery and I have repurchased it so many times. The best part is that it feeds my lipstick addiction when I get to back to MAC for a free lippy
chikoboo
3402 posts
I have so many favorites but I think that I wouldn't be able to live without too faced candlelight invisible powder as it covers all in a fine shimmer that blurs like a filter
sunelizabeth
410 posts
badindiegamer- I have been using the full sized pot for a couple of months (and my hubby has been sneaking it too!) and I have about 2/3's left.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Oh brilliant that sounds like it would last me a long time. Argh you all tempt me to buy so many things! My poor wallet 
tabykitten
186 posts
My new love is absolutely Clinique All About Eyes. It's been such a miracle for reducing fine lines and I swear my dark circles are so much lighter now...

My other love would be MAC Omega eye shadow - I use it as a brow filler and it's just the most perfect shade. I've tried brow kits, and while I like them they just don't compare :) 
sunelizabeth
410 posts
I can totally relate Badindiegamer, I have discovered so many amazing new products from being a member of BR and buy waaaay more than I ever used to! :)
neninoir
210 posts
Normally I would say Red Velvet from Lime crime as its my all time fav lippy, but I got the  Lime crime eyeshadow helper for Xmas and oh my goodness its the best primer I have ever used! My eyeshadow stays put all day and does not budge or fade one bit. Makes the colour seriously pop too! It seams like an investment at the time ( about $30 for a 10g product) but I highly recommend it and its worth every penny!! ( =
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Love this thread, and it actually made me think about that one product. At the moment, my one product is the Benefit Majorette blush! Love this blush, and i use it pretty much every day. Think my life would be a little empty without it
Mila
1209 posts
ooh good thread :)...theres probably a couple of things I might have a panic about if I ran out of , my Inika Mineral Foundation, Oasis Apple a day and Trilogy Rosehip oil. 
Filoaha
67 posts
My Cetaphil facewash for oily skin. I have two bottles of it, plus a travel size version because I am terrified of running out of it! I have had a terrible time with my skin over the last year and finally finally it is in a good place and I do not want it to go back to what it was! (The next thing would have to be my toner!)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I love my Cetaphil! But I have the one for sensitive skin. It works wonders, totally gonna get the huge one that comes with the moisturizer from Farmers next time

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!