Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Teeth bleaching and sensitive lips?

51 posts, 8 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Howdy all

backstory - when i was younger my brother smacked me in the face with a gate (i apparently asked for it???). Long story short the tooth chipped and died and now im bleaching it to whiten it and not be self conscious when i open mouth smile lol

However. Since i started its made my lips so dry and sensitive and theyre cracking in the corners. I stopped 3 days ago and they feel better today but man this sucks. 

Im burning through lip balm just to feel something (its not helping) and im also using a mix of rhino repair, sudocream and a skin repairing barrier cream.

Id love any tips if anyone has gone through anything similar :) apologies for the novel haha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes! The corners of my mouth crack if I use certain toothpastes, so check those as well. Sodium laurel sulphate seems to be the culprit - its well known for causing this and my skin doesn't like it in general. There are a few toothpastes within different brands that don't use it eg some Sensodyne varieties do, some don't. Best thing for remedying the cracks for me is Lanolips 101 ointment from Mecca. I love the coconutter one (thanks for the tip, Trudi!)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Theyve given me a "tooth moose" (literally how its spelled on the care sheet) and its colgate sensitive something, for the hole to prevent tooth decay i think she said.. idk. But cos my lips are so dumb right now everything is burning them and irritating them more :(

I had some lanolips, the coconut one but it went.. weird hahaha ill pick some up next week, i want to try a different flavor though! Thanks soozie :D
kirstyj
1732 posts
A few thoughts - have you tried using Vaseline on the corners of your lips before you use the whitening stuff so that their is a barrier and it doesn’t get in their to annoy them more? Also second the lanolips balm - I find that stuff fantastic and lasts forever (if you don’t lose it in the bottom of your bag like I do).
kirstyj
1732 posts
Secondary thought - let me know how the teeth whitening stuff goes. My coffee stained teeth could do with some treatment!!!
MareeB
5239 posts
Aw Shaz I have the same issue. The bleaching is ok for a while but then it fills up again. I've had a couple of painful abscesses because of it too. Annoying.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dont have vaseline but i will try with the barrier cream or the sudo once my lips feel better haha

Its also going really well!! I have 2 different concentrates, 22% and 16%, and i started with the 22% - only used it 3 or 4 times but i can already see a difference! Im bleaching it from the inside out (hence the hole) but yeah going well!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The lanolips ointment will work like Vaseline would. Also, I find I subconsciously lick the corners when they are cracked and that makes it worse, so try to be mindful of that! Mecca cosmetica lips deluscious lip balm is also good for maintenance. Don't think I've ever bought one though. I always seem to get them as a freebie. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh ill find that one too and give it a whirl. I have a voucher so weeeeeee hahaha all the things

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol you probably don't need both but they do them in nice tints too. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well no probably not hahahaha but a heart wants what it wants and that is ALL THE THINGS hahahaha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Well just hold fire if you're a beauty loop member as the latest boxes are out on Wednesday. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I am dont you worry! ive already had trudi reminding me today too muahahaahahaha my first one im so excited
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Woohoo! The three of us are each at different levels so we'll have to compare! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hmm we might not be i accidentally got to level 2 very fast hahahaha myyy bad
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol it doesn't take long to get to level 2! I'm back there for this box but once the Xmas releases come out, I'm sure I'll be level 3 again lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
It really doesnt!! Im also looking forward to the xmas stuff, i might no buy until its all released hahahaha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The sneak peek is on October 21st so you might just manage that lol. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Goodness, we're talking Christmas! I wonder what that will mean for us this year ..
shazatron101
5112 posts
Excellent hahahaha i love mini everything so im looking forward to it. Ill probably end up being level 3 when its all said and done and i 100% blame trudi haha (but i love it)
trudijoy
8375 posts
you should 100% THANK Trudi.  :D  Hanging out for my Level 3 esp now I've got two level 2's to swap with ahahaha.

I'm still liking the colgate overnight gel pen for a bit of whitening, not that I'm bothering atm in the neverending lockdown. 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I recommend the Blistex medicated ointment @shazatron101. It is the only thing that works when my lips are super dry and painfully cracked.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have that one and it BURRRNNNSSS hahaha it helped but yeah it really really burns
MrsO
196 posts
Try Skinfood Lip Balm, very gentle and soothing,  30% off and free postage on their website..
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ive tried their lip balm and i dont rate it for the issues im having now. I found it to be too watery and not at all moisturizing :(
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Have you tried slapping a bit of bepanthan on?
shazatron101
5112 posts
I did hahaha well sudocrem but theyre the same thing and it worked a treat, my lips looked like ghost lips hahahahaha i slathered that bad boy on

I got my lvl2 beauty box soozie!! and the lanolips. Happy with both haha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh yay! Glad you liked it Shaz. I'm picking mine up tomorrow (I already know what's in it lol)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha whaaaat how do you know? Spoilers? Lol dumb the mecca page is terrible for that 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shaz, I'm too impatient so I look on the Mecca page when they first come out. It's still a surprise when I see their photos, just not when I get my own box lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bahahahahahahaha youre my kinda people hahahaha i didnt know there was a page to look at!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I mean the Mecca chit chat page on Facebook. Also, I have had Mecca send me an email saying what's in the box as soon as it was shipped out to me before lol. Hmmm, my local Mecca is doing "spin the wheel" if you spend $50 on certain brands today. Soooo.....what do I need/not actually need lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
OH hahaha well duh for me then. I hope you still like it regardless lol.

Ooooh buy all the things!! I wish we had a mecca here :(
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
So I bought a couple of things I don't really need and won a Too Faced lip plumper lol. Which I definitely don't need considering the subject of this thread. It was exciting though lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bahahahaha but now you can have some big boujee lips for a smaller cost! Hahaha thats cool thougu, and im sure you did need everything. Ask trudi, she'll justify anything, shes good like that
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Well, it certainly tingles!
MareeB
5239 posts
Does it work Sooz?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I can't say I noticed much difference. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
You love it shaz hahahahha 
MareeB
5239 posts
Aw that's a shame. I'd love an easy solution to my thin lips!!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I do love it hahaha

The lanolips isnt doing much but it makes me feel better so theres that i guess. They feel like theyre being pulled very very tightly now, corners arent sore anymore. Still very sensitive. Booooi
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hey lisa! Hey kirsty!

your faces are missing from the forum, its been a while since ive seen you! But hey guess what!!

Youre both doing an awesome job at this mum thing. Its hard and being tired all the time sucks hairy elephant sacks. but man its worth it.  So even if you feel crap, and like youre not doing a good job, let me tell you, youre doing an awesome job and im super proud of you! 

Love your (overly) friendly village idiot <3
MareeB
5239 posts
Shazzie you are a beautiful person and a beautiful Mum as well x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey Shaz my friend.  Thanks for your kind words! Time is flying by and I can't believe my sweet girl is a month old already...it's crazy. Things are going really good and I am definitely getting into the swing of things. As we speak she is curled up on my chest and I just love these precious moments <3
shazatron101
5112 posts
It goes way too fast hey!! It sucks but its so fun watching them blossom into their own little bubble of fun. I hope you dont get any of the "well MY baby was doing this and that age..." that really pisses me off haha

Im glad youre doing okay. I had very few people ask how i was actually doing, everyone always cares more about the baby!, so i wanted to check in and see how you were doing. Being a mum is a thankless and unrecognized job sometimes haha

Enjoy your snuggles, beauty x 

And maree, youre lovely xx
kirstyj
1732 posts
Thanks Shaz - doing pretty good here! She is currently making incredibly loud newborn sleeping noises next to me :P 

I must say it is funny how much you learn in a short amount of time. Baptism of fire that's for sure!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol Kirsty omg my girl makes the weirdest grunts! I had to ask my midwife if that was normal haha. Not to mention the adult like farts she cranks out.....wow....just wow :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahaha yeah you learn rreeeaaalll quick, its awesome. Mine was the first baby id interacted with ever and yeah i learned pretty fast.

Hahahahahahaha the farts are the BEST bahahahaha 

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lisa, is your midwife called Tiffany by any chance? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Nope not Tiffany :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!