Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sunscreen for acne prone combo/oily skin

15 posts, 13 members
DianaN
143 posts
Hey everyone - I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendations for a good sunscreen for acne prone and combination (more oily) skin. 
I've had acne for years now and know that I should use sunscreen but every time I try anything new, I always break out from it. I've still got acne, but I'm now more concerned about the scarring and I need a good sunscreen to prevent it from darkening and to protect my skin in general.
Just wondering if anyone has similar skin type to me and has found a good sunscreen to use that doesn't clog pores and break you out? Thanks! 
pintsize
1072 posts
I love the Oasis Knock out one and my skin is blemish prone.
Best part is you can try before you buy.  I haven't checked but they used to have a sample request service on their webpage... otherwise you can pop in to your local health shop and see if the have samples there... or try out the tester?

kirstyj
1732 posts
My skin can be blemish prone (but is more dry than oily) and I love the Joyce Blok Sunscreen. It is super light and sinks in quickly without leaving a a residue at all so you shouldn't find it has too much effect on your oily prone skin.
DianaN
143 posts
Thank you both for the suggestions - I'll definitely check these out and hope they work!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I was just about to say Oasis too. I picked up a sample from my local health food store recently so they are about. 

Macs
5351 posts
I really want to try that Oasis one . Might be my next purchase for summer.
Jesse
745 posts
I have oily acne prone skin and Oasis Sun is my favourite sunscreen.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I was lucky enough too trial Oasis Sun last summer and think its excellent, I also have acne prone skin and didnt have any issues with this sun screen :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I am jumping on this Oasis bandwagon because i love this sunscreen! I can use it on my face, which has an oily t-zone, aswell as the rest of my body and its not greasy at all!
MareeB
5239 posts
Thanks for the advice everyone, Ill tell my son about the Oasis product.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey hun I use Nimue Sun C which is a tad high on price but it's the only product along with another one I can't remember the name of that doesn't make me break out xx
DianaN
143 posts
Thank you so much for the advice everyone! :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
On the cheaper end of the scale I used (and have used for a long, long time) the Nivea Sun Light Feel Daily Face Veil.

It's SPF 30 and usually costs around $10 in the supermarket.  I have repurchased this every year for as long as I can remember, and never been disappointed.  My skin tends towards oily and blemish prone when it's grumpy x
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yes I'd totally recommend oasis as well. They have spf in their moisturizers as well. Double whammy product
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I like the Aveeno positively radiant. Sinks in quickly and feels light on the skin. No issues for me, though I have normal skin.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!