Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

7 posts, 6 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I’ve noticed with summer that my hair has become quite frizzy which is not a problem I’ve ever really had. Anyone got go to products and remedies?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Long dyed hair + summer in Auckland.... story of my life right now! A couple things that work for me:

- letting my hair air dry as much as poss
- if I need to use the drier I do lower heat until it’s kinda dry then a hot blast, and finish with a cold blast
- the smallest amount of rosehip oil worked through the midsection kinda glosses it and weighs it down, literally just a couple of drops or it can go greasy though
- Lee Stafford dehumidifier spray is great
- I wear my hair up a lot - easy to smooth a ponytail
- spritz your brush with hairspray before using it on your hair
- dry shampoo, then curl it. The curls will fall a bit but you’ll get summer waves and claimnits meant to look like that ;)
bronjenks
253 posts
Oh mine has too!  I'm just grateful to be on holidays so I've been able to leave off with all the blowdrying and straightening it usually gets, lol.  Those are great tips Trudijoy and I'm definately going to go try some out.

I always know when my hair is seriously due for some attention as I start tying i up in a bun to just get it out of the way ha ha.
EliseMM
120 posts
I can also attest to the Lee Stafford dehumidifyer spray! Otherwise I just use cute accessories in my hair to draw attention away from the frizz haha
trudijoy
8375 posts
no worries - the dehumidifier spray also comes in a handbag mini which is super handy!

I'll just get through THIS summer then i'm heading for mid-spring/early summer Asia, ahd hopefully the islands or the GC at some stage over winter, so i think i'm doomed to be fighting frizzies for a while yet
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi! I have long hair and it goes frizzy in the heat lol I hate it. I make sure to use a good hair product, at the moment I am using Loreal Elvive Oil in cream, it's quite nice and doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy. It helps keep my frizz at bay. I like to use it on freshly washed wet hair then blow dry, my blow dryer also helps tame the frizz! Lastly I run my ghds through and then when dry take a tiny amount of the cream and smooth any flyaways down.  Essano also do a lovely leave in oil, there are a lot of products specifically for frizz :-)
MissDilly
229 posts
I have really curly hair and recently cut it to a short pixie cut for summer, but being curly the heat made it boofy and frizzy after being cut...  I decided to try the curly girl method to hydrate it again,  and have stopped using shampoo, instead doing apple cider rinses to cleanse, and then massaging in conditioner then rinsing. I also use a leave in conditioner, and my hair has no frizz even when blowdrying. I use Garnier banana hair food for the wash/condition, and use Essano Leave-in conditioner after towel drying, sometimes with a little Wella hair oil... The schwarzkopf serum mask is good too as a leave in. :)   My hair isn't frizzy at all now even in summer and in such great condition - best its ever been in - though the short cut helped with that too :) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!