Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Strawberrynet... Genuine or fake?

24 posts, 18 members
I've been on the website a few times as I have heard the makeup is very cheap but some of the stuff on there is priced so ridiculously that I have a feeling that could mean that it's not genuine? I saw a whole smashbox eyeshadow kit for $20NZD and I was just so tempted to buy it but something stopped me... Link is below see for yourself!
(http://nz.strawberrynet.com/makeup/smashbox/click-your-re-it-holiday-eye-palette/156337/#DETAIL)  
Has anyone else bought product off this website and found it to be fake once they recieved it? I'm so unsure I need other peoples opinions. 

Thank you,
Stella.
Rezee
1964 posts
I've bought off there heaps and have never had any issues. I think they are pretty reliable and genuine. (Now I want that palette too! lol)
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hi ladies

Strawberry Net is a Parallel Importer.

Selling "fakes" or counterfeit products is an illegal act and any products found to be such should be reported to the Police.

For more information regarding Parallel Importing, please read this article.

The in's and outs of Parallel Importing

xox BR
Ah thank you so much! I am just not so trusting when it comes to online shopping as I have bought things thinking they were some amazing cheap but top of the line product then gotten something that you could by from the local 2$ mart.

I will for sure read that article thank you so much for the quick response. I am now going to go ahead and purchase that pallette.

Bronnie
78 posts
I have brought from StrawberryNet quite a few times. I have never had any issues with the products, I actually just recieved another order from them yesterday of hair products.  Delivery is excellent too!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I love them, never had a problem, products have been exactly as described and I have purchased perfumes, makeup, etc.  
@ Stella - In regards to the Smashbox Palette, I have it and the colours are great! you will get a lot of use out of it if you decided to buy it!
Thank you so much everyone the reassurance is fantastic and I have made a rather large order just before dinner. Can't wait for everything to arrive. I'm sure it will be good quality and I am thinking it was money well spent. 

@Sweetpaintedlady thank you for mentioning this as I have just purchased the palette and a few other products after the quick reassurance I have been given. I am excited for it to arrive and I can't wait to use it and share it with my friends also! So much variety I wonder what colour I'll use first.

Thank you all again, millions and millions.
xx
Rezee
1964 posts
I ended up getting the palette too and some fcuk perfume as I've always wanted to try that brand. Since I order so much from there, I get a 10% discount now too which is good. Delivery is usally about 4 days so it arrives very quickly and is always well packaged too.
Kaiarahi
160 posts
I got it too - for $20, it was to hard to pass up! lol
mkltsullivan
85 posts
I have never ordered from them as I had heard they sell expired products, not too sure how true that is
Carolannfud
4 posts
I have been buying from strawberrynet for years and never had an issue. Once or twice I have thought the product I got was probably old stock because it was a bit dry (mascara). But really for what you pay the odd item being less than perfect isn't an issue as far as I am concerned.
Gabbystar86
1 posts
I have been using strawberrynet products for years......in the back of my mind I have always thought a lot of the items are probably fakes (more likely the bigger brands like MAC, bobbi brown etc.), but by the time you get the product, it looks the same, it works the same.....so how would you know?
And therefore.......it probably doesn't matter if it is or it isn't as you'll never know
That's my theory anyway, sometimes it is too cheap/good to be true.

xjayloux
900 posts
Ive been buying off there for Years with no problems, all products legit. If anything is expiring or near expiry they discount it with the expiry date or manufacture date. They are pretty honest! 
belindaledwards
111 posts
I've made many orders over the years with no problems whatsoever, I'm loving their daily deals too!
Kellie
570 posts
Strawberrynet is my downfall!  I promise myself I won't buy any more beauty products until I use up at least three things and then they have their amazing unboxed specials or monthly specials and next thing you know another box is winging its way to me.   
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Love this site!!! And they post your order really fast too, definitely give the site ago if you see something you like. 
Mila
1209 posts
I used to order stuff off here all the time but then a friend of mine went to return the mac bottles (you know if you return x number of MAC bottles you get a free lipgloss or whatever the promotion was) well they said that it wasnt proper MAC stuff that it was a knock off she said she bought it off strawberry net.  so not sure why but they didnt believe it was genuine.  surely there would have to be some security around it as soo many people shop on there.
Imoshen
461 posts
Packaging is manufactured for different regions so there's a good chance that the SA didn't recognise something that was probably made for the European market.
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hi Ladies

The reason why the local MAC outlet would not have accepted the packaging bought on Strawberry Net as part of their "return your empty containers  & swap for a free lipstick", is that the Strawberry Net product has been souced from different countries overseas and is not sourced via the local authourised  MAC distributor.  The ladies on the MAC counter will know this just by looking at it as the packaging,  and text on the packaging will be different from the local version.

This is one of the issues you will face, should you choose to shop from a Parallel Importer (for any product) , the local distributor has not "sold" the product locally, therefore has no responsibility to have anything to do with it, and  is quite within their rights to reject it for a local promotion.

So essentially you can't have it both ways,  if you choose to purchase from a Parallel Importer you may get your product cheaper, but you cannot expect the local distributor to support the purchase, deal with any complaints you may have if you don't get what you expect,  or accept it as part of their local promotion.

For more information on what Parallel Importing is, please see here

xox BR

Mila
1209 posts
Thanks BR for clearing that up i will definately let my friend know will make her feel better she wasnt using fake stuff.  I wasnt trying to imply that they neccessarily were fakes but just that was what we had encountered. I used to buy from them alot previously but found a lot of the times they didnt have stuff i wanted so kind of forgot about them until they were brough up on BR again. 

Shazzaali
45 posts
I love StrawberryNet! I usually buy all my high-end/more expensive beauty products from there. Shipping is so fast and it comes all gift wrapped. Feels like it's your birthday everytime the package arrives :)
Imoshen
461 posts
Useless fact file:  My sister in law works for Estee Lauder and she does NOT like strawberrynet at all :).
Heather
79 posts
I really like Strawberrynet. I've used it quite a few times and have only had a slight issue once. I purchased "Meow" by Katy Perry and the "M" that hangs from the neck of the cat (bottle) was broken off when I recieved it and the spray nozzel sometimes gets stuck abit and I have to remove it and put it on again for it to work again properly (I've never had this issue with any other perfumes). Hopefully it's just a fluke and this hasn't/doesn't happen to anyone else! :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!