Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

11 posts, 11 members
so doesn't feel much like spring time at the moment but apparently it is just wondering if any of you lovely ladies go to the horses races? 

I have no idea ! My friends want me to go and think I should wear a black dress, with champagne coloured hees and bag. I never wear black unless it's a funeral and I still struggle normally I love Colour. I'm Feeling well out of my comfort zone and have no idea what to wear, hair, make up etc

would love your views on what you do/have done 

Anyone have any quick and easy hair ideas for hats and fascinators would love to see them 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Sounds lovely. I love going to the races. I usually wear comfortable heels, a cocktail/garden party type dress (a mid length hemline usually) and either a hat or a fascinator and just leave my hair down. Make up wise I go for the smokey eye or something that matches my dress.

I think you're outfit sounds nice and I hope you have a great time :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I don't go to the races but I thought people normally wear colourful dresses? If you feel more comfortable in colour then definitely go for that!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I've never been! On one side I say wear what you're comfortable in, on the other side I say step out of your comfort zone! :) haha my advice is not much help but I'm sure whatever you decide it'll be great :)
siouxsannah
261 posts
I have not been to the races either, but photos I have seen of attendees usually show them wearing summery clothes in colour, so I would go with that.
Spotlight sell nice, ready-made fascinators. Or you could make one yourself by attaching a bow, or veil - or both - to a headband or haircomb.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
If you are going to wear heels go for wedges, chances are you might end up on grass, so wedges are great. Colour is great too, I normally go in a summer dress but wear a jacket or wrap in case the wind chest up. Small fasinators are great, and if you fix it well in your hair you won't have to worry about it all day.

Have fun!
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there , I've been to the races. I didn't dress up though. I did wear a coat because it was really windy where we sitting. I've never worn a fascinator there before. I hope you have a lovely time there. 
Kimrose
1412 posts
I went to a Valentines Day races one year and had an absolute ball!  I wore a gorgeous summer dress and cute sandles.  I had a bolero in case it got chilly, but didnt need it.  I did actually win some money which ended up paying for our whole day, that included bets, drinks and dinner.  Have a blast!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I suggest you ask your friends why they want you to wear black. It could be that they are wanting to do a monochrome theme for the dresses. Negotiate to the other colour on the monochrome, white.
However if it is just that they are wanting you to wear black just let them know it's not a colour you wear, suggest navy blue as an alternative to black. you could also point out that you had a look at dresses that are worn for fashion in the field and they all seem to be light fun colours and some are floral or geometric designs in these colours . There is the occasional black but they are far outweighed by so much colour.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I haven't been to the races in years but i second bright colours and wedge heels. Try stores like Colette or Lovisa for fascinators/headpieces.

Side note: it definitely feels like spring, if you ask my hayfevet!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
This is super late but I second Lovisa! Hope you enjoyed the races.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!