Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Spell Check - yes I'm THAT person

24 posts, 18 members
Qweenkaren
313 posts
So excited by my BEBB I was admiring one of the many amazing products and wondering if I could apply it here at work... reading the instructions & notice that on the front is a spelling error!
Just to confirm I went to the website of the company, found the product, and their pictured product has the correct spelling.

Without giving away the product... has anyone else caught this? hehehe.

Artemis
311 posts
Lol, wish I got the box, I have a pretty good eye for picking up things like that! Theres a certain popular brand right now (won't name and shame, they are lovely!) who are shocking for mistakes, theres one on almost everything I've tried (please don't post any names in here though).
chikoboo
3402 posts
Only got my box this morning as I was heading out the door, with no time to even take a sneaky peek but I shall have a look out for that tonight.  I am not saying I am the best speller, far from excellent grammarly but it does annoy me when something is obviously wrong, especially on a professional company marketing like packaging.  Then again in todays world where you can get by on text language it is only going to get worse.  
shazatron101
5112 posts
I love seeing spelling errors, they drive me insane but I still laugh about them. One brand seems to always have them and they're quite popular but I think they're getting better. I think what drives me more insane is just poor grammar in general, like lack of commas or full stops. I've read a lot of blogs going through the 'trending blogs' thing and some of them are so badly lacking in just those two things that I can't even laugh about it!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Lol! I love spotting spelling errors. I think I might know the brand you guys are talking about.

One of my wee quirks in life is that I don't like ordering things on a menu if they're spelt wrong. A friend and I were out shopping once and I said I wouldn't mind a smoothie. So we popped into a cafe to grab one. BUT they were spelt "Smothie" on the menu so I couldn't get one :( I must admit though in the weekend I went to a Thai place but the spelling was atrocious and there wasn't a single item that had every word spelt correctly ... so I just ordered anyway. I think there is a bit of give and take when english is someones second language!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I am the worst for spelling errors. I need to brush up on where to put comas and the difference between to and too haha I'll keep an eye out for it in the box though!
Macs
5351 posts
Im terrible at spelling. Maori was my first language and only from 0- 14 . At ten I rebelled against my mother and secretly taught my self english. Than at 11 I demanded I know it and won my battle with her. 
I could learn so much from you Karen .
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It's the misuse of apostrophes that drives me mad. I ran up to a blackboard on the waterfront in Auckland that had an unnecessary apostrophe and rubbed it out lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahahah omg Soozie that is great :'D
MareeB
5239 posts
I got my BBBE today, but I'm sick and miserable so it was an anti climax. I took a quick look and put it in my wardrobe. I'll take it back out and look at it over the weekend when I feel better and can really appreciate it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Aww Maree. I hope you feel better soon x 
MareeB
5239 posts
Thanks Shaz! a combination of full moon and nor'west winds plays havoc with my allergies, and my bones for some strange reason, and prevents me from sleeping (torture!).
Kimrose
1412 posts
Nawww...Maree I hope you are feeling better soon. The box is amazing so when you feel better I know you will enjoy it!
Macs
5351 posts
Piki te ora , Get Well soon Maree xxx
MareeB
5239 posts
Thanks Kim and Macs xx
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Hope you are feeling better today, Maree, even if for no other reason than it is nearly Friday.
Rezee
1964 posts
I so didn't notice an error!  I have to admit though, I haven't really looked at the card other than to message a lady to show what was in the box. I was much too excited about the products. I muck up spelling heaps on my tablet or it will auto correct to something I didn't want. Txt speak on fb drives me mad because I read it in my head like that but just general spelling errors, nah.  Not everyone has a good grasp on spelling. Oh actually I do tease my partner relentlessly about his mistakes.  I'm not the nicest girlfriend!   Hope you're feeling better today Maree.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
The error was actually on the product itself. Maybe I just got a special box ;)

Maree - hope you are feeing good enough to check out that box - in the quietness of your home.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
That's so funny about the spelling error! I totally get that spelling isn't everyones strong point but I think if you're putting out packaging on a product, or creating a blog etc there's a different expectation. Obviously human error occurs, so the product thing I'm sure was a one off mistake, but I agree with Shaz, some blogs and sites that require the reader to read their content really put me off when there are spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors throughout.

I understand it must be a lot of work to create a blog, and it'd probably be easier to just chuck it up without quality checking, but if you've already gone to the effort of writing it and taking photos I'd say it's definitely worthwhile quality checking to ensure you keep your audience engaged and coming back for more!
MissQT
1547 posts
Yes Karen, I noticed the error straight away and it sounds like the same product! A typo right in the front of the packaging lol.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
English is my second language. So I rarely found any spelling mistakes but now my English getting better and better which is Really good for me specially writing. Thanks to beauty reviews
nemesisroxx
506 posts
I haven't had an in depth look at my BBBE to be honest. I reeeeeally love the packaging though. How cute was the box!? Your post makes me want to go a-hunting for this spelling error... even though I should be picking my kids up from school right now LOL!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Grammar and spelling errors drive me crazy. I don't mind when it's a genuine typo or lazy internet typing (which I'm as guilty of as anyone) but when it's on signs and things I feel like they should have been checked. The Gloria Jean in Dunedin had a 'Lattte' on it's board for years at one point and I read it as 'Lat-t-tay' (phonetically) every single time.

Constant incorrect spellings of words frustrate me. I don't understand how 'definitely' ends up as 'defiantly', for example. They SOUND different to each other. There's a long list of things in this category that grind my gears...perils of being an academic and a linguist!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
grammarly.com :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!