Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Spam Is Getting Worse

62 posts, 16 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Omg 22 posts of spam, is it me or is it getting worse. Everytime I log on, I see spam instead of BR members posts arghh.
tannygirl
3392 posts
 I know almost everytime I open the forum the real posts by BR members are buried under a lot of spam posts. I wonder when the spammers will finally realize no one's buying anything they post on here.
MareeB
5244 posts
Such a shame, so much extra work for the moderators.
Lisaanne
72 posts
Their posts don't even make sense when you read them, annoying idiots 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It puts me off coming on the forum tbh. I’m sure there must be others who feel the same. 
Lisaanne
72 posts
I'm the same, I'm new here but I can't be bothered trolling though spam to find genuine posts. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yep I’m the same. Spam so often that it’s frustrating and off putting 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I check the site first thjng in the morning  so don't see many spam posts.. 
Lisaanne
72 posts
Last night it was crazy, surely BR can block the IP addresses of those spamming the boards?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I popped on last night and it was insane! 
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hi Ladies

Yes indeed we do block the IP addresses of the spammers however it does not deter them. They simply sign up with another. We have of late remove on average 30 threads per day and yes it is an epidemic at the moment, it is as frustrating for us as it as for you. It's not even bots which would be easier to block, it's real humans taking the trouble to create accounts each time to post shite! 

We are working with our developers on a solution which unfortunately as we have legitimate contributors from outside of NZ whom we don't want to block,  is not as easy as it may sound.

Our team monitor the forum constantly including one lucky person each week whose 5.30am job it is to remove, delete and block the latest contributions, before sunrise.

We appreciate how frustating it is for you and we thank you for your patience we really hope to have a solution soon.. 

Love Queenie xox

MareeB
5244 posts
Thanks Queenie. The joys of technology I guess!
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Thank you BR team for your on-going hard work =)
Lisaanne
72 posts
Amazing that these spammers go through the effort of setting up new accounts and posting spam that no one reads and which gets deleted 
BR-Queenie
261 posts
@Lisaanne you're telling us!
shazatron101
5112 posts
its so weird, why are they targeting BR all of a sudden? was it the change in the site? its... bizarre. and they have far too much time on their hands, losers

maree, if you buy either of the new beauty boxes can you tell me whats in them? i dont know if i want one or not so i need a lil push hahahahahaha
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've noticed the spam being especially bad in the evenings. Sometimes when I log on the 'forum posts' preview sidebar on the right is just full of spam links. Honestly don't understand why they waste so much time and effort making a billion spam accounts.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shaz, I sent a message to BBBE via Facebook messenger as I wanted to know what brand one of the items was in one of the boxes. They did tell me what it was so maybe trying messaging if you want to know the contents of the boxes.  
shazatron101
5112 posts
oh i didnt even think of that soozie hahahaha derp maybe i shall do that!
tabucutie
1811 posts
I was thinking of asking Maree too as I was interested about the contents in the CF box..
Lisaanne
72 posts
Thanks BR for keeping on top of the spam, it seems to be an endless time wasting job for you, I hope those spammers realise no one opens their links. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
great minds tabu :P 
MareeB
5244 posts
I wish I had one ladies :(
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Would you like us to put you out of your misery on the box contents ladies?

They've just been sent out. How about we wait a few days until the first ones have been opened so we don't give away anything to anyone who wants a surprise?

And yes blimmin spam! KETO is like a swear word in the office! 

tabucutie
1811 posts
I'd appreciate that BR Queenie, thank you
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha i would appreciate that greatly, queenie, thank you! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Spam is craaaaaaazzzzeeeeee again tonight!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg! I'm going cross eyed from seeing all that! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
It’s next level tonight!
Lisaanne
72 posts
That was a lot, Friday night seems to be their prime spamming time. Idiots. 
Some crackers coming through tonight!  Lol
Kimrose
1419 posts
I think the spam is getting worse! The titles are quite interesting tho. Still a pain
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Yes today we've probably removed about 50 individual threads! We wouldn't even mind so much if  they even slightly made sense. And the fact that they are real people taking the time to sign up and not bots! Amazing. We hope to have a soluttion soon.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Wow, I don’t usually look at what they’re flogging but they’re even selling drivers licenses today lol. 
Lisaanne
72 posts
Selling illegal fake drivers licences for overseas countries, wow. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I can see how frustrating this must be for the BR Crew. Its strange though how it has only just started happening. Beauty Review has been around for awhile now, so its interesting to see how frequently they are being posted.

Hopefully you lovelies can find a way to sort it so you are not up at 5.30 am deleting them all yikes. Thanks for all of the behind the scenes work you do xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
I just saw the beauty boxes are on sale tomorrow for 24 hours!!! Eee!!! If i remember im so going to buy one! 

I hope people that already purchased dont feel let down by the sudden sale, though the boxes are definitely worth it at their rrp!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hey Shaz, where did you see that? Ooh  I could be so tempted!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I saw it on the FB page!
MareeB
5244 posts
Eeee probably shouldn't have, but did buy 2 ...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm contemplating on getting one lol. I really don't need anything though but I do deserve it lmao. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I'm pretty much convinced..
Lisaanne
72 posts
Newbie question...do we pay courier fee for the Beauty Box or is it included in the cost? 
MareeB
5244 posts
It's included Lisaanne - they're  a great opportunity for us to get a lot of products for very little money. I've bought loads of them. I love them :)
Lisaanne
72 posts
Thanks MareeB, unfortunately working got in the way of online shopping and the box I wanted seems to have gone. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh no! that's no good!
Lisaanne
72 posts
Friday evening and the spamming begins. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Yes indeed!
MareeB
5244 posts
OMG I just found a spam review! be on the lookout ladies ...
tabucutie
1811 posts
I just saw that Maree!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!